It's only Gary Myers so it shouldn't bother me but it did

AFJF

Taking away the game-changing, game-winning TD run is ludicrous. If Greene had a 50 yard gainer to the 1 and then fumbled the goal line carry away, THEN you could make such a silly claim. That said:

There is literally no one here who believes you will be rooting against Sanchez this week. Even if you won't admit it, or won't admit it to yourself, it is clear you will only be rooting for the Jets unless Sanchez is inserted as Philly's QB. Or at best, you wish the Jets eke out a lucky win despite Mr. Wonderful coming in and badly outplaying Fitzpatrick and Bradford. 

A lifelong Jets fan such as yourself should want an ex-player, who we cut with good reason, to suffer endless failure elsewhere -- even greater failure than he personally had here. You should want to see reinforcement that we made the correct decision, not that we made the wrong one so you could gloat. We know this is not the case, though.

I will be teaching Appropriate Fan Behavior 101 in the spring semester. Upon completion you will be as good a fan as I am. 

our run game was largely ineffective that day outside of 1 run.  that's a fact.

I couldn't care less if people I don't know think I will be rooting for Philly if mark plays. 

we didn't cut w/ good reason.  we had an inept GM forcefeed an inept QB on rex and it led to Mark getting hurt which hurt the franchise.

I don't care about gloating, I don't gloat.  I just want to win.

I don't want to be lowered to your level.:D

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The reality is I don't gush, I speak about him realistically.  you guys pretend like he's the worst QB to ever line up under C, I speak about him as an average QB that elevated his play in bog moments and big games.

Bog moments? Yes. Yes, I would classify Sanchez's play as swampy. Yes, I would. 

Ok here we go again looking at the skill players  when it suits your point. Take a look at what Geno had to work with in comparison to Fitz. Put Fitz on the 2013/2014 Jets and we might have been able to draft that #1 QB. 

Geno had solid options last season...his production was not solid.  If you can stomach it, go back and watch the SD game that Geno didn't feel the need to prepare for.  His "scrub" receivers were wide open on multiple occasions and like Sanchez, he couldn't hit anyone.  He had David Nelson who beat his man deep for what should've been a TD but Geno overthrew him.  Had Decker wide open in the middle of the field in a 3rd and long deep in their own territory and instead of throwing to the wide open Decker for a first down, he checked down to Bilal for a short gain and a punt.   I don't care what the name on the jersey says...if he can't hit the open receiver, no matter who it is, it's on him.  JMO of course.

I love this argument , throwing out both players rookie seasons . Fitz has a (3.4%) and Geno has (3.5%) interception percentages. Those stating Fitz is this uber smart ball protecting QB - are not looking at the facts.

It's a much different game now...rules have been changed to allow QB's to dominate.  Teams were allowed to play defense back when Fitz was a rookie.

Geno had solid options last season...his production was not solid.  If you can stomach it, go back and watch the SD game that Geno didn't feel the need to prepare for.  His "scrub" receivers were wide open on multiple occasions and like Sanchez, he couldn't hit anyone.  He had David Nelson who beat his man deep for what should've been a TD but Geno overthrew him.  Had Decker wide open in the middle of the field in a 3rd and long deep in their own territory and instead of throwing to the wide open Decker for a first down, he checked down to Bilal for a short gain and a punt.   I don't care what the name on the jersey says...if he can't hit the open receiver, no matter who it is, it's on him.  JMO of course.

last year was certainly better than 2 years ago but remember Decker missed time and was playing hurt most of the year.  this year w/ Marshall and the depth at WR we are the best we have been in a LONG time.

our run game was largely ineffective that day outside of 1 run.  that's a fact.

I couldn't care less if people I don't know think I will be rooting for Philly if mark plays. 

we didn't cut w/ good reason.  we had an inept GM forcefeed an inept QB on rex and it led to Mark getting hurt which hurt the franchise.

I don't care about gloating, I don't gloat.  I just want to win.

I don't want to be lowered to your level.:D

Literally none of this is correct. 

last year was certainly better than 2 years ago but remember Decker missed time and was playing hurt most of the year.  this year w/ Marshall and the depth at WR we are the best we have been in a LONG time.

What does any of that have to do with Geno missing open receivers?  I don't care if it's Jerry Rice or Greg Salas...if the QB has an open target and can't hit it, then it's on him.  Watch him overthrow Harvin against New England for what should've been a TD in a one score game.  Watch him overthrow Percy Harvin against the Dolphins for what should've been a TD in a one score game.  Watch him throw three INT's on 8 attempts against Buffalo, and then tell me he's better than Fitz.  Never, at any point in his career, has Fitz been close to being as bad as Geno has been.

sure which was why Houston gave away Fitz even though they didn't have any QBs. 

I'm sure they're loving that decision right abut now.  Teams make mistakes all the time.  Hell, the Eagles singed Mark Sanchez when nobody else wanted him and all he did was derail their playoff hopes last season.

What does any of that have to do with Geno missing open receivers?  I don't care if it's Jerry Rice or Greg Salas...if the QB has an open target and can't hit it, then it's on him.  Watch him overthrow Harvin against New England for what should've been a TD in a one score game.  Watch him overthrow Percy Harvin against the Dolphins for what should've been a TD in a one score game.  Watch him throw three INT's on 8 attempts against Buffalo, and then tell me he's better than Fitz.  Never, at any point in his career, has Fitz been close to being as bad as Geno has been.

I don't know if Geno will be good, I would bet against it.  My point is he's never had this much talent to work with.

there are just as many examples of Fitz being horrible as there are Geno. Fitz has thrown 4 or more INts in a game 3 times and he's never won more than 6, Geno in 1 full season won 8 games.

The reality is I don't gush, I speak about him realistically.  you guys pretend like he's the worst QB to ever line up under C, I speak about him as an average QB that elevated his play in bog moments and big games.

you are a drug addict. Drug addicts never can admitake they have a problem. Your drug is Mark sanchez

There are many times players look wide open and we as fans say how did the QB not hit him. A perfect example of this was this past Sunday Bradford appeared to have a wide open WR that he missed miserably. Troy Aikman went on to state that Agholor should have kept running his route and that Bradford expected him to be at that spot, it looked like a horrible throw from Bradford when it was a mistake by the WR.

And absolutely there are times Geno missed open receivers just like Fitz has missed his share as well, no QB hits the open receiver all the time. Its just that the perception around here is that Geno is this dumb jock who has no football intelligence while Fitz is this super smart QB who always does the right thing. IMO that perception is fueled largely be personal agenda rather than cold hard facts.

I'm sure they're loving that decision right abut now.  Teams make mistakes all the time.  Hell, the Eagles singed Mark Sanchez when nobody else wanted him and all he did was derail their playoff hopes last season.

all he did was elevate that offense and watch the D blow the season.  Fitz needed 10 TOs to lead us to 25 PPG the last 2 weeks, mark led his O to almost 30 w/o 5 TOs a game.

I don't know if Geno will be good, I would bet against it.  My point is he's never had this much talent to work with.

there are just as many examples of Fitz being horrible as there are Geno. Fitz has thrown 4 or more INts in a game 3 times and he's never won more than 6, Geno in 1 full season won 8 games.

No, he has never had this  much talent.  However, when he had some talent, he was still terrible.  He had Decker/Harvin/Kerley/Amaro/Cumberland and a strong running game last season and the only thing that stopped him from having more INTs than TD's was picking on Cortland Finnergan in week 17, a few weeks before he announced his retirement.

Agreed. If a guy is open he's open. Now if there were all these incomplete passes because endless on-target passes were dropped, that would be different. Every QB deals with some drops, but an isolated pass here or there aside, that wasn't the case for Geno and it wasn't the case for the backup-level QB before him. 

Better receivers make a QBs job way easier. But it doesn't make a bad QB a good one. It only hides the ineptitude more effectively or delays showing it. But all the young and awesome Anquan Boldins and Larry Fitzgeralds aren't going to make Matt Leinart a good QB. 

There are many times players look wide open and we as fans say how did the QB not hit him. A perfect example of this was this past Sunday Bradford appeared to have a wide open WR that he missed miserably. Troy Aikman went on to state that Agholor should have kept running his route and that Bradford expected him to be at that spot, it looked like a horrible throw from Bradford when it was a mistake by the WR.

And absolutely there are times Geno missed open receivers just like Fitz has missed his share as well, no QB hits the open receiver all the time. Its just that the perception around here is that Geno is this dumb jock who has no football intelligence while Fitz is this super smart QB who always does the right thing. IMO that perception is fueled largely be personal agenda rather than cold hard facts.

I'm talking mostly about plays where receivers did keep running and Geno overthrew them.  Critical throws that would have been scores...he couldn't do it.

No, he has never had this  much talent.  However, when he had some talent, he was still terrible.  He had Decker/Harvin/Kerley/Amaro/Cumberland and a strong running game last season and the only thing that stopped him from having more INTs than TD's was picking on Cortland Finnergan in week 17, a few weeks before he announced his retirement.

that is nothing compared to this year and he got Harvin when the season was already over.

all he did was elevate that offense and watch the D blow the season.  Fitz needed 10 TOs to lead us to 25 PPG the last 2 weeks, mark led his O to almost 30 w/o 5 TOs a game.

Wait, so now you want to talk about fantasy stats?  I thought wins were the only thing that mattered.  I'm so confused.

that is nothing compared to this year and he got Harvin when the season was already over.

It was mid-season...if he's a pro he should keep working.  Are you telling me Geno stopped trying after week five or six?  If so,  he needs to be gone now.

Wiat, so now you want to talk about fantasy stats?  I thought wins were the only thing that mattered.  I'm so confused.

he put his team in a position to win, he elevated that offense post Foles.  hard to complain when a guy is leading the O to that many points especially against the tougher part of the sched.

the season can be summed up in 2 games- both vs. dallas.

they won 33-10 and lost 38-27. one game the D showed up, the other they didn't.  the O did enough to win.  Mark was bad in a couple of games but played very well overall.

he put his team in a position to win, he elevated that offense post Foles.  hard to complain when a guy is leading the O to that many points especially against the tougher part of the sched.

the season can be summed up in 2 games- both vs. dallas.

they won 33-10 and lost 38-27. one game the D showed up, the other they didn't.  the O did enough to win.  Mark was bad in a couple of games but played very well overall.

So he lost, but he put up big fantasy numbers?

It was mid-season...if he's a pro he should keep working.  Are you telling me Geno stopped trying after week five or six?  If so,  he needs to be gone now.

no but who cares? the season was lost by the time we got him and don't forget how banged up Decker was most of the season.

no but who cares? the season was lost by the time we got him and don't forget how banged up Decker was most of the season.

So you want to say that people don't understand the game, but you don't think a young QB should use the remaining games on the schedule in a lost season to get better for the following season? 

Decker was being targeted and producing enough to show he was plenty healthy to play well.  He didn't have a bad hammy for 15 weeks.

So you want to say that people don't understand the game, but you don't think a young QB should use the remaining games on the schedule in a lost season to get better for the following season? 

Decker was being targeted and producing enough to show he was plenty healthy to play well.  He didn't have a bad hammy for 15 weeks.

did you not notice he played really well the final qtr of the season?

Decker was banged up a good portion of the season and was our #1, it's a HUGE difference to have him as our #2 w. a target like Marshall as our #1.  Not to mention the depth that we have at WR. 

no, he gave his team a chance to win which is something Fitz has rarely done and never done in a big game.

Oh, I thought it was about actually winning, but now it's about actually winning and almost actually winning. Gotcha.

I'm talking mostly about plays where receivers did keep running and Geno overthrew them.  Critical throws that would have been scores...he couldn't do it.

And how many of those same throws are we not even attempting this season because quite frankly Fitz's arm is Penningtonesque post injury. Geno gives us that ability to stretch the field and hit the homerun ball. 

Archived