Picks Week 3

UnitedWhofans

Media seems to be giving this game to the Jets, but with the Jets recent injuries and a desperate Philly team, there is now a seed of doubt amongst the press. For me, either outcome has a positive side. If we win, we are 3-0 and riding high. If we lose, than we are 2-1 and refocused heading into a much more important divisional game next week against Miami. Falling to the Eagles should not be considered SOJ (though a lot of people on here will sound the alarm).

Philly will play hard but at the end of the day, their OL is bad. It has been bad for a few years and as we saw Monday NIght against a better QB in Luck, if we get good penetration, we can stop the offense. In fact I think this game is going to be similar to the Colts game. Eagles D will keep them in the game, but I think our D stops them. Vegas has the Jets as 2.5 point favorites, and for the most part, they are accurate.

Jets 17

Eagles 14

The media, the public, and everybody's mother and dog is picking the Jets to the beat the Eagles. People on twitter think Bradford will finish the game on IR and the Jets will win by a bazillion points. Supposedly 95% of action coming in on the Jets. Unbelievable overreaction, and a near hallucinatory level of optimism. Its never this easy in the NFL.

Jets fans should know better than anyone not to overreact, how many times has this team upset the odds after being completely written off? Lost 45-3 to the Patriots, nobody gave them a prayer to win the AFC divisional game. Beat the Patriots, Saints, and Falcons in 2013 as massive underdogs, we've been there too. Anybody can beat anybody on Sunday, but the public always expects the previous week to repeat itself the following week...it NEVER happens.

If it's a low scoring game, which i expect it to be, then the Eagles are only one flukey play away from winning. They are playing for their season.

The media, the public, and everybody's mother and dog is picking the Jets to the beat the Eagles. People on twitter think Bradford will finish the game on IR and the Jets will win by a bazillion points. Supposedly 95% of action coming in on the Jets. Unbelievable overreaction, and a near hallucinatory level of optimism. Its never this easy in the NFL.

Jets fans should know better than anyone not to overreact, how many times has this team upset the odds after being completely written off? Lost 45-3 to the Patriots, nobody gave them a prayer to win the AFC divisional game. Beat the Patriots, Saints, and Falcons in 2013 as massive underdogs, we've been there too. Anybody can beat anybody on Sunday, but the public always expects the previous week to repeat itself the following week...it NEVER happens.

If it's a low scoring game, which i expect it to be, then the Eagles are only one flukey play away from winning. They are playing for their season.

If this were the case the line would be moving incredibly fast.  The idea of a point spread is to even out money bet on each team.  If more money is going one way the line moves to get money on the other side.  

With that said, I agree with much of what you're saying - this is a close game - actually my money would be on the Eagles.  I think the Jets will be winning most of the way, but the Jets D will tire late - and The Jets wouldn't have built a big enough of a lead (do to lack of offense) to hold off the Eagles.

24-17 Eagles....(not happy about it, just the way i see it)

If this were the case the line would be moving incredibly fast.  The idea of a point spread is to even out money bet on each team.  If more money is going one way the line moves to get money on the other side.  

With that said, I agree with much of what you're saying - this is a close game - actually my money would be on the Eagles.  I think the Jets will be winning most of the way, but the Jets D will tire late - and The Jets wouldn't have built a big enough of a lead (do to lack of offense) to hold off the Eagles.

I can't see that, strictly because the Eagles offense is just not good enough. It's one thing to play desperation. It's another to be good enough to spring the trap. I dont think the Eagles will be good enough to spring the trap

I can't see that, strictly because the Eagles offense is just not good enough. It's one thing to play desperation. It's another to be good enough to spring the trap. I dont think the Eagles will be good enough to spring the trap

The Jets play aggressive football that will eventually get tired with the fast pace of Kelly's offense.  And unfortunately the Jets' offense isn't good enough to capitalize on the good position and large time of possession gap they're sure to receive in the early part of the game.  They'll need to build a big enough cushion early to withstand the late push.  I just don't think the Jets offense is good enough.  I hope I'm wrong.

You don't think it has?

Philly 23

NYJ 17

Boring ass game.

You don't think it has?

Philly 23

NYJ 17

Boring ass game.

Actually it hasn't, in fact it's gone the other way.  Earlier this week it was Jets -2.5, it's now Jets -1.5 (there's more money going on the Eagles than Jets)

I am cautiously optimistic

if we win the turnover battle we win the game

Todd Bowles has positioned himself in a positive light already with me to this point ... This game is where most Jets teams of years past have choked, ... If Bowles pulls this game out my respect will go up astronomically

Nice one.

I missed with my 23-17 prediction, but a wise prediction nonetheless

Archived