JetNation \ FanDuel League Week Three

Maxman

Our FanDuel league for week three is here. For those that haven't played with us before, this is a one week fantasy football league. When you enter you pick a lineup and compete against other people from JetNation.

Click here to enter

The league costs $10 to enter and there is $4,980 in prize money this week:

1. 1st :$700 and Championship Seat
  2. 2nd :$575 and Championship Seat
  3. 3rd :$350 and Championship Seat
  4. 4th :$200 and Championship Seat
  5. 5th :$150 and Championship Seat
  6. 6th - 7th:$125
  7. 8th - 10th:$100
  8. 11th - 13th:$75
  9. 14th - 16th:$50
  10. 17th - 20th:$45
  11. 21st - 25th:$40
  12. 26th - 30th:$35
  13. 31st - 35th:$30
  14. 36th - 50th:$25
  15. 51st - 100th:$20

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our FanDuel league for week three is here. For those that haven’t played with us before, this is a one week fantasy football league. When you enter you pick a lineup and compete against other people from JetNation. Click here to enter The league costs $10 to enter and there is $4,980 in prize money this […]

Click here to read the full story...

well,  when the first 2 tournaments don't fill up that's going to happen.  I know some people were rooting for only 200 entrants last time but that would ultimately lead to smaller and smaller prize pools. 

Yeah, JN is never going to completely fill a tournament - we never have. So the prize pools were likely to shrink regardless.

I think it would be a good idea to limit entries to 5...

FanDuel is designing the game, not JN. We don't have control over it. If you think you're going to strike a gentlemen's agreement where we all agree to keep it at 5, that'll never happen.

Yeah, JN is never going to completely fill a tournament - we never have. So the prize pools were likely to shrink regardless.

Yeah I don't think they were expecting us to hit those limits. Especially since they give us the league on Thursday or Friday lol.

Yeah I don't think they were expecting us to hit those limits. Especially since they give us the league on Thursday or Friday lol.

With them cutting the payout model down by half, you have to consider if there are contests that give you better odds and payouts. I wonder if the goal was to get us sucked into their user base, then slowly push us off of a small game where winning is plausible towards the bigger games with much worse odds... beautiful strategy, if so.

I also love the "chunking" strategy for how they pay out their $$$ match. I'd have to play a couple of grand to ever see the $100 deposit match that initially got me to sign up.

With them cutting the payout model down by half, you have to consider if there are contests that give you better odds and payouts. I wonder if the goal was to get us sucked into their user base, then slowly push us off of a small game where winning is plausible towards the bigger games with much worse odds... beautiful strategy, if so.

I also love the "chunking" strategy for how they pay out their $$$ match. I'd have to play a couple of grand to ever see the $100 deposit match that initially got me to sign up.

They didn't cut the total pool down by half though. Last week (and the week before) they had a total prize pool of $7000. This week it is basically $5000.

I think this is what you are saying when you say payout model. Basically they just aren't paying double the bet for places 101 - 200.

I hate FanDuel so much because I completely stopped caring about which teams beat whom, but I love it so much because it has me sitting there on Monday night screaming at offensive coordinators and referees for costing me $10. Also, I'm a degenerate loser please kill me.

They didn't cut the total pool down by half though. Last week (and the week before) they had a total prize pool of $7000. This week it is basically $5000.

I think this is what you are saying when you say payout model. Basically they just aren't paying double the bet for places 101 - 200.

the latter, yes

Oh and @aec4 if we want one week I am sure I could get them to do a one per entry league with less total prize money. But I figured we should ride this out for now. I am aiming to finish 98th out of 120 people and double my bet lol.

we can creàte that ourselves, don't need them to set it up

Hey everyone, i just de-virginized myself and joined my very first pool. I have a stupid question, can we see one another's picks?

Once the games start you will be able to see the other players picks. 

Thanks again Jetnation. Great contest! I had a great 1st week and a crappy week 2. Hoping for a rebound week. 

the match money is a very slow drip. So slow that you never feel like you got it. You c might take years to recover your match. 

Good luck creating that one on your own with a higher payout than money intake.  :)

payout is still greater than intake even after the adjustment.

Last week I won $20 in 3 out of 5 I played.  With this weeks payout structure I would have only had one. Honestly my lineups weren't anything close to being winning ones. 

@Maxman what does championship seat mean? 

I don't know. I was hoping one of you would figure that part out. :)

The championship seat means you get a ticket to this....$5M NFL Sunday Million ($1,000,000 to 1st)...I earned one on Thursday...Normally a $25 ticket...get to compete against another 250,000 players but hey who knows...someone has to win it.  ?

Hey everyone, i just de-virginized myself and joined my very first pool. I have a stupid question, can we see one another's picks?

You can't see anyone elses roster unless the players are currently playing.  So anyone that had any players from last nights game you would see on their lineup card.  all the other players in their lineup playing later on will still be a mystery to you until their game starts.

Oh and @aec4 if we want one week I am sure I could get them to do a one per entry league with less total prize money. But I figured we should ride this out for now. I am aiming to finish 98th out of 120 people and double my bet lol.

I'm all for multiple entries, but some people have 20-25.. never understood that.

Good luck creating that one on your own with a higher payout than money intake.  :)

Well, that's sort of what I'm saying.... let FanDuel keep setting up the contests they have been, if we want a single-entry type of game, then use the game creation tool on their site and make it ourselves. I doubt anyone here wants to enter a single-entry game.

Archived