Just like Cimini to pick the Eagles to win.

32EBoozer

I don't think I've ever heard of a "Beat Writer" not being a fan of the team they cover! Man I hope the Jets shut them down And shut this guy up.

New York Jets: The Jets are a banged-up team operating on a short week -- not a good combination when you’re facing a Chip Kelly offense for the first time. The Jets also could have tired legs after a Monday night win on the road, and that could be a factor against the Eagles’ up-tempo offense. The Jets are facing a desperate opponent, and they have a matchup nightmare with speedy running back Darren SprolesEagles 24, Jets 21. -- Rich Cimini

I don't think I've ever heard of a "Beat Writer" not being a fan of the team they cover! Man I hope the Jets shut them down And shut this guy up.

New York Jets: The Jets are a banged-up team operating on a short week -- not a good combination when you’re facing a Chip Kelly offense for the first time. The Jets also could have tired legs after a Monday night win on the road, and that could be a factor against the Eagles’ up-tempo offense. The Jets are facing a desperate opponent, and they have a matchup nightmare with speedy running back Darren SprolesEagles 24, Jets 21. -- Rich Cimini

he'll never stop...

he does it to get under our skin.

But i must admit, hes taken a backseat to MMehtas trolling, as of late.

Go Jets! 20-9

What.... exactly is "tired feet".?

We had the whole week to practice and rest up for Sunday. I hate when people try to factor in playing on Monday night as a bad thing heading into they're next game. You have the same amount of practice time aside from one day. The Jets are slightly banged up at Wide Receiver but we have depth and they're corners were terrible before they let 2 starters go and they are even worse now. I don't look at the WR/CB match ups to be decide this game what so ever.

Same ol' Cimini. 

Jets need this win. Probably be more difficult than most fans seem to think. Philly is desperate, and they're probably not as bad as they've looked so far. I like the talk out of the Jets so far, that they recognize that anyone can beat anyone else on any given day in the league. That even-keeled approach will serve them well. 

Wanna see Kerley, Stacy, and Devin Smith playing roles on offense. Mauldin running full speed on dee. 

We had the whole week to practice and rest up for Sunday. I hate when people try to factor in playing on Monday night as a bad thing heading into they're next game. You have the same amount of practice time aside from one day. The Jets are slightly banged up at Wide Receiver but we have depth and they're corners were terrible before they let 2 starters go and they are even worse now. I don't look at the WR/CB match ups to be decide this game what so ever.

I can see the short week idea if we were playing Thursday after a Sunday but this comment makes no sense..let's take care of business, 24-10

This guy has been around the team for years.....seen all the letdowns we have had and the games that we lost that we should've won.......this game scares the hell out of me, wouldn't be shocked at all if the jets let out a stinker......it has happened a zillion times before with this team.....they are 2 point favorites at home, what does that tell you??  

Lol at saying the Jets are banged up, meanwhile the Eagles best defensive player (kiko alonso) is out of the game with an injury, their other ILB Hendricks is out and Demarco Murray (their best offensive player) is nursing an injury.

Sure the Jets are dealing with some injuries but so is every other team in the NFL. 

This guy has been around the team for years.....seen all the letdowns we have had and the games that we lost that we should've won.......this game scares the hell out of me, wouldn't be shocked at all if the jets let out a stinker......it has happened a zillion times before with this team.....they are 2 point favorites at home, what does that tell you??  

No it hasn't with this team, each year is different unless you think this team is exactly like the 2014 team and I personally don't. I guess a SOJF would though so I guess you have a point there..

The one and only thing the Eagles have going for them in this game is that they are desperate.  The reason they are desperate is that they've been horrible.

That being said, as always, I'm still nervous.

It tells me that even gamblers bet with their hearts, and perceptions....I think a zillion is an exaggeration.

The one and only thing the Eagles have going for them in this game is that they are desperate.  The reason they are desperate is that they've been horrible.

That being said, as always, I'm still nervous.

I could understand some being nervous about the Colts at home last week with a mobile Luck. But a game at Met Life with a immobile Bradford?? We probably see Sanchez by the 3rd quarter..

Eagles are banged up at line, LB and RB.  Eagles have looked like shlt.  The Eagles are 0-2 and look it.  The Jets are 2-0 and look it.  But we could be tired. 

The Eagles gave away their guards, along with their receivers, and running back.

The media hyped up this Chip Kelly super genius thing so hard that they are finding it very difficult to back away from.

They're still hoping that all these ridiculous moves are going to somehow make sense. Stupid like a fox.

If you running plays faster than everyone else, and you suck, then you just suck faster.

Same ol' Cimini. 

Jets need this win. Probably be more difficult than most fans seem to think. Philly is desperate, and they're probably not as bad as they've looked so far. I like the talk out of the Jets so far, that they recognize that anyone can beat anyone else on any given day in the league. That even-keeled approach will serve them well. 

Wanna see Kerley, Stacy, and Devin Smith playing roles on offense. Mauldin running full speed on dee. 

I agree with everything here.

Think about having Kerley, Stacy and Devin Smith coming off the bench. Not a bad group of back ups right there.

Why doesn't he mention that the Eagles are banged up  - Kiko Alonzo has been ruled out and DeMarco Murray is questionable with a hamstring.

I could understand some being nervous about the Colts at home last week with a mobile Luck. But a game at Met Life with a immobile Bradford?? We probably see Sanchez by the 3rd quarter..

I'm definiltey having my opinion impacted by Philly radio all week.  When I walked out of the bar on Sunday after Eagles/'Boys I was thinking, "Wow, Jets are gonna win by 24"...but a full week of "they will not lose because their season is over if they do and they will find a way to win" has me worried about a couple of things:

1) They have guys in that front-7 who can get to the QB and force bad throws...Fitz, like most QB's, struggles under pressure.  Fletcher Cox and Connor Barwin...keep an eye on them.

2) Sproles in the PR game...again, they are desperate and scored a ton of TD's on ST's last season, none this season...due?

3) Jets are aggresive on defense, will Chip use Sproles to take advantage of that?

SOJ part of my brain says "be cautions, could lose this game"

Guy who watched both teams play this week part of my brain says "Jets in a blowout, Bradford sacked minimum five times, wouldn't be shocked if it's 7+ and Jets RB's are going to hammer a tired Eagles defense in the second half...Jets win running away.

FunnyFeet_20140405.jpg

To be fair, I've seen the same scaredy-cat response from a good 50% of Jets fans.

We're not a shoe-in to win tomorrow, but nobody ever is. Maybe we lose; there is always that possibility. But I'm sick and tired of the SOJF mentality. I like the Jets chances to win, and you should too. Maybe they won't deliver, but that won't be the end of the world.

Instead, Jets fans have sucked the fun out of this week. They are all worrying while the 0-2 Eagles fans are puffing out their chest and proclaiming victory. Screw that. Take a chance, believe in the team we saw the last two weeks. Maybe they fall on their asses and lose, but I've seen nothing so far this season to suggest we will. Ride the wave.

I'm hoping hard for a Jets victory, and when the Jets win tomorrow, I'm going to read Eagles fans' reactions--especially those that are calling this an easy turnaround game--and enjoy every second of it.

My best friends an Eagles fan...not a 2nd team kinda guy, but Ive watched tons of their games and usually root for them with him. Spent some time living in S Jersey and even tho my father was a Giants fan, he was buddy buddy with Mike Quick and he would take me to meet players. Reggie White, Clyde Simmons, Jerome Brown, Randall C, Keith Byars & Jackson. Was at the Giant/Eagle game when Byars destroyed Pepper along the sideline blocking for Cunningham.

With that said......

I hope the Jets kick the sh#t out of the Eagles tomorrow!

Go Jets!

Sorry, daughters sleeping, Im bored.

To be fair, I've seen the same scaredy-cat response from a good 50% of Jets fans.

We're not a shoe-in to win tomorrow, but nobody ever is. Maybe we lose; there is always that possibility. But I'm sick and tired of the SOJF mentality. I like the Jets chances to win, and you should too. Maybe they won't deliver, but that won't be the end of the world.

Instead, Jets fans have sucked the fun out of this week. They are all worrying while the 0-2 Eagles fans are puffing out their chest and proclaiming victory. Screw that. Take a chance, believe in the team we saw the last two weeks. Maybe they fall on their asses and lose, but I've seen nothing so far this season to suggest we will. Ride the wave.

I'm hoping hard for a Jets victory, and when the Jets win tomorrow, I'm going to read Eagles fans' reactions--especially those that are calling this an easy turnaround game--and enjoy every second of it.

Is cautiously pessimistic a thing?  If it is then that is what I am. 

Archived