Which Jet (all time) says "NY Jets" to you the most

TuscanyTile2

Klecko...and no one comes close.

i have a hard time respecting any fan that says Gastineau..sorry, I just can't stand him. 

I'm a big Marvin Jones fan---a shame he never reached his ceiling. 

Exactly the same way I feel about Lance Mehl, too bad injuries derailed their careers. 

"One eye"...ha..thats so wrong, Larz...ha. 

Gas299..I get it with the ying-yang thing, but I'll never respect Gastineau for tooany reasons to list. I heard he's a good guy to the fans these days, which is nice to hear. That's as far as I'll go.

yup, lance mehl, another one that left it all on the field.  Injuries-sports are cruel.

"One eye"...ha..thats so wrong, Larz...ha. 

Gas299..I get it with the ying-yang thing, but I'll never respect Gastineau for tooany reasons to list. I heard he's a good guy to the fans these days, which is nice to hear. That's as far as I'll go.

yup, lance mehl, another one that left it all on the field.  Injuries-sports are cruel.

hey, you can say it with love....

my authentic jersey is a #55 for Mr. Jones.  He could really bring the pain back in the day

Oh I see. I bet you joined the band wagon when we started piling up those trophies!

Seriously, if you're not a born Jet fan like myself, how do you develop the fandom for this franchise??

Most of my family were Steeler fans (Lynn Swann is a relative on my mother side) and the rest Giant fans, except for 1 uncle who was a Jets fan. He had no impact on my fandom, rather being there for me during most of my misery with the team after becoming a fan. Any football I ever seen was really of the Steelers/Giants growing up. I remember every summer as child playing football in the street how everyone outside would begin talking up the Giants and stopped everything they were doing (including the football game we were playing) to go watch the Giants/Jets preseason game. I always wondered why no one ever talked up or liked the Jets. Anyway, my first experience when I noticed that I started pulling for the Jets was the "Spike game" in 94. Im not sure if I saw highlights of the game or I happen to just catch the end of the game, either way I witnessed Dan Marino faking the spike and throwing that TD to beat the Jets. I remember feeling like that was a bullsh*t play and that he didnt play fairly. Not realizing, the "Jets spark" was started from that one play.

In 95 I didnt follow the team but I noticed that whenever people spoke I about the Giants I felt the need to defend the Jets though I knew nothing about them. 1996 was the year that I actually began to follow the Jets. They went 1-15 that year as we all know, but I fell in love with the team that year. Alot of those games they were in and though they lost I just liked how they played, and I felt (like every year) like they could have won if 1 or 2 things just went our way. Then in 97 we got Bill Parcells, I had no clue who he was but the news was telling me that he was good and how he won superbowls with the Giants. Anyway, 1997 was a good year, especially if you became a fan of a team the year they went 1-15. Though I specifically remember wanting the Jets to beat the Fins BADLY because of the spike game, the Jets lost to Marino twice that year.

Then 1998 happened, changed my life forever. Not only did we go to the AFCCG, go 12-4 in the season but we kicked Marino's ass twice that year. That was by far the greatest Jets season ever. 1998 for me is what 1969 is for the the old heads around here. 

So thats how my Jets fandom and Dolphins hatred started. Though I must say in the 2000's New England has redefined what it means for me to hate a team. 

Archived