Brandon Marshall miffed no one sees him as NFL's best receiver

Sperm Edwards

(didn't see this posted)

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25317400/brandon-marshall-miffed-no-one-sees-him-as-nfls-best-receiver

Brandon Marshall miffed no one sees him as NFL's best receiver

By Will Brinson | NFL Writer

Motivation comes from many different places, especially for professional athletes. Being doubted is one of those sources. Just ask Brandon Marshall, who thinks people question him as a top wide receiver.

The Jets wideout appeared on Stephen A. Smith's SiriusXM show Friday (via Pro Football Talk) and said it "pisses me off" when he's not recognized as potentially being the best wideout in the game.

"I definitely think I'm one of the best out there," Marshall said. "I take pride in my work. I don't look at it as, my approach is not one of I'm going out there to be the best wide receiver and run great routes, I look at it as my life's work. Football doesn't define me, but it's a part of a bigger picture. And it's my craft, it's art to me. And when I go out there I just try my best to not only be the No. 1 receiver on my team, but being the No. 1 receiver in the league.

"And to be totally honest and transparent, it pisses me off that no one recognizes that. And it's OK because all you can do is put your head down and work, and when you get your opportunities it will happen."

Marshall is a great receiver. He was an underrated addition to the Jets receiving corps this offseason after a down/injured year with the Bears last season.

But he's not a top-five wideout in terms of receiving yards right now and he hasn't been a top-five wideout in terms of receiving yards since 2012.

If there's a debate about the best wideouts in the game, the discussion starts with Antonio BrownJulio JonesOdell Beckham, Jr., Calvin Johnson (still, yes), Dez Bryant andDemaryius Thomas.

Marshall's right there among the best receivers in the game but he's not the best. Which is probably what he wants to hear, since now he'll be properly motivated.

Brandon_Marshall_Best_Wide_Receiver_NFL.

B-Marsh thinks he's the best wideout in the NFL. (USATSI)

He is one of the best WR in the game.  A poor game or a stupid play don't change that...

Those were two really bad plays though...

Agreed, he's a beast...but that lateral was one of the dumbest thing I've ever seen on a football field and bad QB and all (and yes - it's partially the QB play) you still can't let that ball through your hands.

With that said, I do completely agree - he's still one of the best receivers in football...

Agreed, he's a beast...but that lateral was one of the dumbest thing I've ever seen on a football field and bad QB and all (and yes - it's partially the QB play) you still can't let that ball through your hands.

With that said, I do completely agree - he's still one of the best receivers in football...

The lateral and the alligator arms interception are the reasons he's bounced around the league for so long now...

You are 100% correct....

"I definitely think I'm one of the best out there,"  "I take pride in my work. I don't look at it as, my approach is not one of I'm going out there to be the best wide receiver and run great routes, I look at it as my life's work. Football doesn't define me, but it's a part of a bigger picture. And it's my craft, it's art to me. And when I go out there I just try my best to not only be the No. 1 receiver on my team, but being the No. 1 receiver in the league.

"And to be totally honest and transparent, it pisses me off that no one recognizes that. And it's OK because all you can do is put your head down and work, and when you get your opportunities it will happen."

take away the bias and narrative and you get a confident athlete

sorry, dumb article, dumb thread

Archived