Fitz Playing Like Crap

j4jets

Fitz has five FIVE f'n turnovers in 3 games. It is unlikely Geno would be worse for that in a system specifically designed for easy reads that help limit turnovers. It is not the WC system with complex reads that make it easy to throw picks it is a simplified offense that presents a clean progression and a dumpoff on each play. Rodgers and Brady are great QBs but their systems also eliminate turnovers. Even though Rodgers plays in a WC offense, Rodgers himself has said that it is adapted so that there is a single read and dump off on every play, and that is a big part of the reason he thew 5 INTS last year total, (and being the best QB in football), but the point remains that Fitz is playing with better weapons in maybe the most QB friendly system in the NFL and he has 5 picks in 3 games. It is very very unlikely Geno would be that bad,

geno has had many games with multiple INTs.  you really expect him to come in after not playing for over a month, in a brand new offensive system, with wrs he really hasn't practiced with, and light it up right away?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

geno has had many games with multiple INTs.  you really expect him to come in after not playing for over a month, in a brand new offensive system, with wrs he really hasn't practiced with, and light it up right away?

LOL, of course bro. 

Geno has the tools, didn't you know? He can throw deep. 

He was also MVP of the first 10 days of training camp. 

Not really. Fitz was behind Geno the whole off-season. It wasn't his "magic" that made him the starter. Actually, I take that back. In a way, it was his magic that got him the starting gig. 

Fitz was behind Geno because of politics. '14 Fitz was beter than '14 Geno, we all know this. 

Two of Fitzpatrick's interceptions couldn't really be blamed on him. One was a deflected ball near the line and a tipped pass downfield. The third, though, had all the makings of a forced throw: a long ball for Devin Smith in the end zone came when the Jets were starting to enter desperation mode with a 24-0 deficit in the first half.

Thats a part of it as well. It is my opinion gthat Mac and Bowles wanted to treat Geno with kid gloves. 

Why would a new regime treat someone they didn't pick, with kid gloves. The simple truth is Geno was the healthiest got the most reps and fared the best in offseason and preseason workouts. In addition Gailey knows full what what we had in Fitz , if anything you would think he'd lean to what he is familiar with. The fact that Gailey wanted to start Geno over Fitzy spoke volumes to me.

In my simple opinion, I do not believe that the Jets know what they have in Geno Smith. I simply do not trust the past coaching regime's handling of any player on offense, and that includes development. 

For anyone to think that the Jets were fortunate to have Geno's jaw broken, that is simply idiotic thinking at its worst. Every position is made better with competition, and it would have been interesting to see a competent coaching staff evaluate and work with the position

Fitzgerald is a known in this league-He is a decent back up caliber qb who in long stretches as a starter will not win you more than a team's fair share of games. He is certainly not the future of the Jets.

well, he spent the entire off season learning the new system. Went through pretty much the entire camp and outplayed Fitz in every practice playing against our D. I think that counts more than throwing 30-40 passes in preseason. Using your logic, Devin Smith should have never seen the field. 

• 7 months later...
On 9/27/2015 at 8:06 PM, j4jets said:

Overthrown dinks and dunks all day long. Under thrown deep shot to Devin. Throwing short on 3rd downs. He's the reason the offense has stunk so far against a D missing 3 of their starters. We need a change of QB to spark some life as we all know, Fitz is a good QB only when leading. 

On 9/27/2015 at 8:07 PM, Jets91 said:

He's been bad no two ways about it

On 9/27/2015 at 8:12 PM, Mike135 said:

End the madness.  Put in Geno!  90% of people on here have disagreed but deal with it.  Fitz too easy to gameplan for.  Great #2 but not a starter long term.

On 9/27/2015 at 8:37 PM, FidelioJet said:

Sorry guys...It's not that he's playing poorly today..

It's who he is - he's a back-up NFL QB..

sometimes you need to score points in the NFL - you're not going to get 5 turnovers every week...

On 9/27/2015 at 8:44 PM, Charlie Brown said:

As folks stated Fritz is a back up QB The Jets can't afford to play so dumb.  

Anyway we can't play like that for a whole game, can we?

On 9/27/2015 at 8:45 PM, FidelioJet said:

I'm sure the coaches see what we're seeing.  Fitz is very limited in what he can do...Geno gives you the opportunity to make things happen.  He'll be playing soon enough.

On 9/27/2015 at 8:45 PM, Stonehands said:

Fitz is playing like Fitz.  He is just not that good.

On 9/27/2015 at 9:13 PM, Mike135 said:

How fu@kin long do we wait.  Make the switch NOW!

On 9/27/2015 at 9:16 PM, neckdemon said:

Time for the beard show to end. If geno sux too we see petty by themail last part of season

On 9/27/2015 at 9:18 PM, neckdemon said:

Can he even throw downfield? Jeez

On 9/27/2015 at 9:18 PM, Mike135 said:

Fitz, thanks for the wins. But gtfo!!!  Switch now!

On 9/27/2015 at 9:29 PM, Mike135 said:

It's killin me watchiing this team fail when the solution... is a switch away.  Fitz can't throw beyond 20yds!  Make the MFin' change.

On 9/27/2015 at 9:56 PM, Jets91 said:

He throws an awful deep ball, that statistic  (Passing over 15 yards he's  25 percent  completion  percentage) is shocking an alarming, my four old throwns a better  spiral  

sorry some of you guys don't wanna hear this , but geno at some point will be the QB again 

On 9/27/2015 at 8:27 PM, BowlesMovement said:

The playcalling has been horrible, absolutely attrocious, Geno does not fix that.

Hey Bowles. Playcalling may have been horrible, Geno may not fix that, but the fact that you even had to make this Geno comment proves that....neither does Fitz!  lol. 

10 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Hey Bowles. Playcalling may have been horrible, Geno may not fix that, but the fact that you even had to make this Geno comment proves that....neither does Fitz!  lol. 

eating-popcorn-smiley-emoticon.gif

10 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Wow bro, just wow. You may need to get a girl, or a boy, or whatever your into...

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Hey, you're not the first on here to get all upset and immediately start putting in question someone's preference in order to compensate your feelings. 

lol. 

I'm not questioning your preferences bro, I'm questioning you.... First you tell me your done with me, not wasting time on me, next thing your digging up posts from 8 months ago and quoting 9 posts.... Lol

4 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

I'm not questioning your preferences bro, I'm questioning you.... First you tell me your done with me, not wasting time on me, next thing your digging up posts from 8 months ago and quoting 9 posts.... Lol

So, you had enough, because it sounds like you're complaining? Im good, I said I was done...but you didnt want to be done then. So im not done. 

However, if you are done then please proceed to 

Foot-Come-Out-Of-Mouth-Funny-Picture.jpg

and call it a day. lol

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

So, you had enough, because it sounds like you're complaining? Im good, I said I was done...but you didnt want to be done then. So im not done. 

However, if you are done then please proceed to 

Foot-Come-Out-Of-Mouth-Funny-Picture.jpg

and call it a day. lol

I'm just not that into you, not like that anyway, sorry brah, lol

13 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

I'm just not that into you, not like that anyway, sorry brah, lol

6 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

So in otherwords, you're done. 

Thought so. 

Now if you respond that's giving indication that I can continue thrashing on you. Please respond lol! 

you 2 need to get a room.....or atleast go to the chat room

The reason Bowles stuck with Fitz even after he broke his thumb was because he knew and the team knew that Fitz gave us our best chance to win. Bowles is a no nonsense guy and a first year head coach and all he cared about was winning games. I like him because he doesn't care if a guy was white or black he just wants to win. So if that's your reason for voting for Geno who cares. Our head coach didn't. 

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The reason Bowles stuck with Fitz even after he broke his thumb was because he knew and the team knew that Fitz gave us our best chance to win. Bowles is a no nonsense guy and a first year head coach and all he cared about was winning games. I like him because he doesn't care if a guy was white or black he just wants to win. So if that's your reason for voting for Geno who cares. Our head coach didn't. 

The reason why Bowles stuck with Fitz is because Fitz injured his non-throwing hand and didnt have to miss time. If Fitz had to miss time Bowles would have put in Geno, just like he did in Oakland. 

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Ha, good stuff.  I was freakin pissed that day.

Btw, that game is a great example of why the Lee pick was awesome.  Sproles was killing us.  4.47 speed is really gonna come in handy.

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

Ha, good stuff.  I was freakin pissed that day.

Btw, that game is a great example of why the Lee pick was awesome.  Sproles was killing us.  4.47 speed is really gonna come in handy.

Yeah, Demario Davis was getting absolutely abused that game for sure. 

5 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

He broke a thumb of his non-throwing hand. How on Earth he managed to play, is beyond me. I mean, it's not like it was a fractured rib with a punctured lung. That's piece of cake. But a cut off thumb? Kudos to Fitz!

7 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

So in otherwords, you're done. 

Thought so. 

Now if you respond that's giving indication that I can continue thrashing on you. Please respond lol! 

Lol, you said you where done, I'll keep exposing you every time I see fit.

lol @  you thrashing me!! 

7 hours ago, ylekram said:

you 2 need to get a room.....or atleast go to the chat room

7 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Well, given his "boy" comment. That wouldnt be a great idea! lol. 

That room would be quite crowded, there are at least 5-10 posters that he carries out these types of nonsense posts with. He really needs to get laid.

8 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

When you guys make this statement, it is flat out wrong.

Bowles stated he didn't bench fitz (even though he was very bad the for a while during the season) was because he doesn't like messing up chemistry and having players play with people they aren't used to. An example of this being him subtly lowering Demario Davis's minutes every week, putting Erin Henderson in there so he built chemistry with the defense. Or Calvin paces playing time being reduced by the week for Lorenzo.

thats the truth

Archived