I officially hate Gailey

BowlesMovement

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One bad game and you hate his play calling? Really? Please tell us more about your frustration, leading to a content empty thread with temporary feelings all compacted in one.??

Gaily almost cost us the game last week. It was obvious someone got on his ass to open it up. The play calling has been sh*t since the opening drive. 

Our players aren't executing. It doesn't matter what plays are being called. Fitz is off. Actually the whole offense just looks off... and nobody is stepping up right now. This game is exactly what you should expect when you can't keep your defense off the field against an offense like the Eagles that runs so many plays, when Brandon Marshall "Santonios" the ball to the defense, and when you can do something as simple as not punt the ball to Darren Sproles.

We look like the team that is less prepared today. If they don't turn it around after the half, I'll be concerned. I don't expect this team to win them all, but right now this looks like a Rex Ryan home game... embarrassing showing.

the talent isn't there.

Not sure what you expect him to do.  He has a back-up, very limited QB - no speed/explosivness from any of the RB's and a group of possession receivers.  

Getting Smith more involved is the only thing he could do, but it's his first game coming off an injury.

Hmm.  Thought it was the defense that was missing tackles and giving up 24 points.   Players not executing.  Fitz underthrew Devin Smith twice, one was an incompletion and one went for an interception.  Brandon giving the ball to the other team.  Imagine if we had those mistakes back we'd be down 17-10 at this point, worst case.   Sorry can't pin this on Chan.  We really miss Decker and Ivory.  Fitz and Devin need to get in sync.

Hmm.  Thought it was the defense that was missing tackles and giving up 24 points.   Players not executing.  Fitz underthrew Devin Smith twice, one was an incompletion and one went for an interception.  I can't pin this on Chan, sorry.

you're right, 7 points in three quarters is pretty solid performance. Your offense isn't supposed to fall apart when you lose a running back. 

Hmm.  Thought it was the defense that was missing tackles and giving up 24 points.   Players not executing.  Fitz underthrew Devin Smith twice, one was an incompletion and one went for an interception.  Brandon giving the ball to the other team.  Imagine if we had those mistakes back we'd be down 17-10 at this point, worst case.   Sorry can't pin this on Chan.

d gave up 17. For the # of 3 and outs the offense has had I think the D is playing well

His play calling sucks balls. His insisting on doing what the defense is trying to take away is maddening. If not for all the turnovers the first two weeks we would be heading for 0-3.

Fitz has enough arm to do more, Gailey sucks. I am quickly losing confidence on Bowles too.

You got it all wrong man. Marshall alligator arming that last pick showed what a wuss he is. Fitz gets three passes knocked down and what FOUR interceptions? How many did he have, at least three. Missed Ivory for sure, but missed Decker even more. Nothing I saw wrong with the play calling, but execution was another story.

the run game sucked, o-line couldn't do anything.  marshall was being doubled.  You have no TE, and smith missed mini-camp and training camp and this was basically his first NFL action of any kind and he was totally overhwlemed out there.  You can't throw screens or pass to the RB.  Enunwa is raw and kerley is limited.  Fitz' deep passes are just heaves

how do you call the game ?

His play calling sucks balls. His insisting on doing what the defense is trying to take away is maddening. If not for all the turnovers the first two weeks we would be heading for 0-3.

Fitz has enough arm to do more, Gailey sucks. I am quickly losing confidence on Bowles too.

I vote this poster to be in the top five SOJ fan for the year.  Maybe even top three.....

His play calling is atrocious.  It's like he has no feel for the game and just runs plays because he feels like he has too.  I'm sure he's limited because of his QB but man, he's a gutless play caller. 

this sums up my feeling on Gailey. He's robotic in his play calling.  His ability to adjust his scheme and tempo is lacking. The lack of urgency in the 4th quarter falls squarely on him. His play selection late in the game was completely counter to the situation of being down multiple scores with time running out. The fact that the offense was methodical and unhurried to boot is Chans failure and I don't see how that can be argued 

His play calling is atrocious.  It's like he has no feel for the game and just runs plays because he feels like he has too.  I'm sure he's limited because of his QB but man, he's a gutless play caller. 

Considering how night and day the reports out of TC were with Fitz and Geno, I'm actually willing to give Gailey the benefit of the doubt.  His QB has a worse arm than Chad Pennington but doesn't have the same brain as Chad. To be honest, this isn't even intended to be pro Geno.  It's pro anyone with an arm. It has to be an absolute nightmare trying to figure out how to attack when your options are so limited.

this sums up my feeling on Gailey. He's robotic in his play calling.  His ability to adjust his scheme and tempo is lacking. The lack of urgency in the 4th quarter falls squarely on him. His play selection late in the game was completely counter to the situation of being down multiple scores with time running out. The fact that the offense was methodical and unhurried to boot is Chans failure and I don't see how that can be argued 

thy should have gone into hurry as soon as the 4th quarter started.

There were a lot of execution problems in the game and the absence of Ivory and Decker really showed how limited the offense is outside of those two guys and Marshall. The offensive plan did not help. Gailey de-emphasizes the TEs as receivers so much that the defense can either not cover because the TEs are blocking or put their worst pass coverage player on a TE on a route. That's part of the reason why Marshall could be constantly double teamed and Fitz had to check down Powell. The constant runs up the middle are stupid. Our OL has played terribly the past three games on the run. Let's run somewhere else sometimes. But you can point to any number of stupid execution problems in the game as turning a mediocre game plan into a sh*t show.

Archived