I officially hate Gailey

BowlesMovement

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His play calling sucks balls. His insisting on doing what the defense is trying to take away is maddening. If not for all the turnovers the first two weeks we would be heading for 0-3.

Fitz has enough arm to do more, Gailey sucks. I am quickly losing confidence on Bowles too.

Fitz did not throw one single accurate pass to Devin Smith yesterday.  Three were underthrown and one overthrow was so far overthrown it was nearly intercepted by 2 people.  I don't blame that on play calling.  None of the passes were so far downfield that they tested Fitz's arm strength.  Fitz was inaccurate.  I agree that his early play selection looked confusing to me.  Usually teams come out of the locker room with a set of plays that can work.  We did not.  But so many of the plays after the first quarter yesterday were on Fitz and his inaccuracy.  No, I would not jump on Gailey based on yesterday's game. If the Jets had a better option than Geno I might be considering it.  Add to Fitz's shortcomings the fact that Stacy looked slow as molasses.  No Ivory, No Decker.  Enunwa dropping passes.  Marshall brain locking twice.  We actually could have come back in that game.  The boys did not execute.  I don't blame the coach

His play calling sucks balls. His insisting on doing what the defense is trying to take away is maddening. If not for all the turnovers the first two weeks we would be heading for 0-3.

Fitz has enough arm to do more, Gailey sucks. I am quickly losing confidence on Bowles too.

You hate the OC. I cant believe it.

Well that was quick.... 

doublefacepalm_2.jpg

So, Brian Schottenheimer, Tony Sporano, Marty Morninwieg, and Chan Gailey. All of them suck?

Kinda, yeah.

Schott - Demoted down to college coordinator after crashing and burning with the Rams.

Sparano - Demoted down to TE coach on San Fran.

Marty - Demoted down to QB coach in Baltimore.

Hate to say it but if any of these guys were worth their salt as an OC in the NFL they'd still be doing the gig somewhere or they'd be heading up a team. We act like coordinators are all interchangeable because it's a job that is 100% dependent on the players, but it's simply not the case. If it were then the experience that they have would be worth something, but it isn't. Reality is OC is a position that the Jets have historically hired very poorly for. I wasn't that excited about the Gailey hiring, he has never been known to be much of a miracle worker.

I thought Gailey called a pretty good game today. He kept the Dolphins off balanced and had a good mix of pass and run. I thought this was his best game as a Jet.

especially when the jets are playing w/o a TE.   there were some pretty creative personnel groupings and formations to make up for no TE.  

Dude, sometimes the OC is to blame. 

PATSPATSPATS.0.gif

No. This was just championship play on both sides. that was a good call. No one wouldve guess and undrafted CB was gonna read that perfectly. Against anyone else it's prolly a TD and a second ring for Seattle. It's ;iike Dragonball Z Goku & Vegeta colliding into each other. Vegeta is gonna lose but he'll blow up a planet...over like 30 episodes...

No. This was just championship play on both sides. that was a good call. No one wouldve guess and undrafted CB was gonna read that perfectly. Against anyone else it's prolly a TD and a second ring for Seattle. It's ;iike Dragonball Z Goku & Vegeta colliding into each other. Vegeta is gonna lose but he'll blow up a planet...over like 30 episodes...

This wasnt a good call when you have a T.O. left and you have the beast as your rb. 

Archived