PHI Observations

KRL

The defense was fine. You take away the Sproles return, a flukey play, and it would have been 3 straight games holding opponent under 21. Bradford had all the time in the world but couldn't make any big plays.

It was a close game and it was decided by a handful of mistakes made on our side. Marshall's rugby pass being the main one, i'm hoping he apologised for that in the locker room. That was a big momentum swing, since our offense usually isn't capable of scoring 24 pts or more.

Regardless of what people say, Philly IS a decent team and they made fewer mistakes. Simple.

My Observations are that the Vast Majority of Jet fans are haters. I was going to use another word, but it would have probably gotten me banned or something.

It's the Defense's fault for giving up 17 points in the 1st half

It's the special teams fault for allowing the TD .

It's Marshall's fault for making the bone head lateral.

We didn't have Decker and Ivory

The offensive Line sucked

We have a 10 year veteran QB who is running an offense he started in for 2 seasons prior to this yr and he's being handle as thou he he's a 1st yr starter in his 1st season in the NFL.

Wait...

Are you saying those things didn't happen? Not sure I understand your point.

You want to know who missed Decker? Brandon Marshall, Fitz, and Bowles. 

Now Decker and Ivory are equally missed. 

that is a valid argument.  But that's discerning between DRAWING attention (has to be accounted for) and statistical production. I agree, as MOST if not All Have stated, that Decker would draw more attention, but at the end of the day MY OPINION, which apparently gets a bunch of poster's panties in a bunch, is that Decker would have had the SAME statistical production as Kerley today. Ivory's absence was felt more than Decker's in terms of production, that's all. If I'm wrong on a hypothetical, so be it. 

that is a valid argument.  But that's discerning between DRAWING attention (has to be accounted for) and statistical production. I agree, as MOST if not All Have stated, that Decker would draw more attention, but at the end of the day MY OPINION, which apparently gets a bunch of poster's panties in a bunch, is that Decker would have had the SAME statistical production as Kerley today. Ivory's absence was felt more than Decker's in terms of production, that's all. If I'm wrong on a hypothetical, so be it. 

I'm in the exact opposite of thinking, Decker would of been more beneficial to us in this game by a slight margin. The first half especially. When we needed to sustain drives. But I also digress, ivory would of helped that as well. But a slight edge to Decker in importance. 

I'm in the exact opposite of thinking, Decker would of been more beneficial to us in this game by a slight margin. The first half especially. When we needed to sustain drives. But I also digress, ivory would of helped that as well. But a slight edge to Decker in importance. 

fair enough. I can respect your position. 

The defense was fine. You take away the Sproles return, a flukey play, and it would have been 3 straight games holding opponent under 21. Bradford had all the time in the world but couldn't make any big plays.

It was a close game and it was decided by a handful of mistakes made on our side. Marshall's rugby pass being the main one, i'm hoping he apologised for that in the locker room. That was a big momentum swing, since our offense usually isn't capable of scoring 24 pts or more.

Regardless of what people say, Philly IS a decent team and they made fewer mistakes. Simple.

The 2 biggest mistakes in today's game were made by The Eagles and it's the only reason this game even was as close as it was. Both The Eagles RBs dropped perfectly thrown passes that should have went the distance for TDs. Jets fans on this board IMO are some of the least knowledgeable football fans in the world, and it's probably because most of them are young and can't see the forest through the trees. 

In the 1st 3 games, our Defense has been terrible, our Offense subpar and our Special Teams has been missing in action.  You can't go into a game hoping that turnovers will allow you to win.  The mistakes of the Browns and the Colts got us 2 win. Today, the Mistakes of the Eagles kept us in the game and we think we did something admirable.

Iron Pyrite looks like gold, but it's as worthless as our 1st 2 wins if we don't fix the issues on our team.

We have quite a few.

The 2 biggest mistakes in today's game were made by The Eagles and it's the only reason this game even was as close as it was. Both The Eagles RBs dropped perfectly thrown passes that should have went the distance for TDs. Jets fans on this board IMO are some of the least knowledgeable football fans in the world, and it's probably because most of them are young and can't see the forest through the trees. 

In the 1st 3 games, our Defense has been terrible, our Offense subpar and our Special Teams has been missing in action.  You can't go into a game hoping that turnovers will allow you to win.  The mistakes of the Browns and the Colts got us 2 win. Today, the Mistakes of the Eagles kept us in the game and we think we did something admirable.

Iron Pyrite looks like gold, but it's as worthless as our 1st 2 wins if we don't fix the issues on our team.

We have quite a few.

Yeah, i am pretty young.

Defense has been terrible? Jeez, i must be watching a different team. I am pretty young.

Not sure why you're talking down our amazing win in Indy, we dominated them and completely deserved that win. The defense forced them into making those mistakes. I'd say that was pretty admirable.

My concern about the running game is - was it because Ivory was missing, or because our run blocking was bad?  I'm afraid it was more the latter.  It seemed just as bad as it was last week, when Ivory did play (possibly a little hobbled).

it's both.  We run on Colon a lot so he was missed in the running game and Ivory is really our only good back the rest are JAGs

My concern about the running game is - was it because Ivory was missing, or because our run blocking was bad?  I'm afraid it was more the latter.  It seemed just as bad as it was last week, when Ivory did play (possibly a little hobbled).

Jets need to establish the run to open up the pass not vice verse. Team is not built that way and the result was evident. This is nothing more than what we all knew 

Marshall's alligator arms at the end of the game is concerning.  That was some weak stuff especially after his boneheaded laterall play.  

Whoever we have reviewing plays needs to be fired.  I could see kerley was down from my couch on the 1st replay.  This is like the 3rd week we have blown a time out on a play that is not difficult to make the right call.

get ivory back out there.  We r nothing without that guy.

that doesn't sound completely reactionary.  Hate on the guy all you want, doesn't change the result and only leads you to higher blood pressure. Kerley is serviceable but I agree, nothing exceptional. 

Seems people want to just argue b/c they're pissed we lost. 

everyone wants a tangible target to blame the loss in its just more complicated the entire team played terrible

Marshall's alligator arms at the end of the game is concerning.  That was some weak stuff especially after his boneheaded laterall play.  

Whoever we have reviewing plays needs to be fired.  I could see kerley was down from my couch on the 1st replay.  This is like the 3rd week we have blown a time out on a play that is not difficult to make the right call.

get ivory back out there.  We r nothing without that guy.

are there any good backs available in FA?  Powell, Stacy and Ridley are completely overrated by jet fans none of them are fast and they don't hit the hole hard.  We might need Sheldon to get some reps at RB seriously.

it's both.  We run on Colon a lot so he was missed in the running game and Ivory is really our only good back the rest are JAGs

Colon and Carpenter both went into this game dinged.  Those two and Ivory being hurt is a big portion of our run game, though I surprised that on this site nobody is claiming it was due to the loss of Eric Decker's downfield blocking!

Congrats to PHI they played better than us and hurt us in one of our
strengths (run defense).  As far as our offense, you saw how integrated
it is with our top 3 playmakers (Marshall, Decker & Ivory).  Without
two of them:

- The TE's had to go out into patterns to help in the passing game.
Which hurt our OLine play because they were "assistant OT's" the first
two games

- A 5-9 Kerley and Smith making his debut can't replace Decker.  Which
allowed PHI to double and sometimes triple team (CB, S & LB) Marshall

- Ivory's running style allows him to get 2-3 yards even when he gets
stopped at the line of scrimmage.  Powell is our "change of pace" RB
who really needs to play off of Ivory to be effective

Missing our 2nd and 3rd best offensive players was a big problem for the gameplan.  Losing Colon later on just added to the misery.

A trickle down effect of Ivory being out was that Stacy had to be activated / play.  Not only did he look bad as a plodder in the running game, he was terrible returning kicks.  Also, his roster spot could have been better spent on Walter Powell, who is a potentially dynamic kick returner and also a quality gunner on S/Ts (recall we got toasted for a PR TD).

Missing our 2nd and 3rd best offensive players was a big problem for the gameplan.  Losing Colon later on just added to the misery.

A trickle down effect of Ivory being out was that Stacy had to be activated / play.  Not only did he look bad as a plodder in the running game, he was terrible returning kicks.  Also, his roster spot could have been better spent on Walter Powell, who is a potentially dynamic kick returner and also a quality gunner on S/Ts (recall we got toasted for a PR TD).

Powell is not that dynamic.  We are talking about Walt, but Bilal isn't dynamic either.  He returned most of last year and was as dreary as anybody else.  More dreary in fact.  I guess he was okay at kick returns, but he was considerably worse than Kerley returning punts. I've gone on about it incessantly for the past week. 

There is no trickle down effect of Stacy keeping him off the roster.  Walt Powell does not just have to be activated, he is on the practice squad.  They have to cut somebody to bring him up.  Considering Owusu and Decker were both out, if they didn't do it this week, you can bet they are in no rush to make a cut for another WR.  They have too damn many already with Kerley and Smith. From the above post, you want them to cut Stacy, but Stacy is the 3rd RB, Powell would be the 7th WR.  You will probably get your wish and Stacy will be cut, but it will be when Ridley comes back, assuming he gets into decent shape.

Walt Powell is also not a gunner -  I never saw him do it last year, while both Hakim and Graham were getting raves.  When he came over there were some quotes from Arians that he was "starting to learn" how to play gunner and the Jets Blog guy watched his preseason games in Arizona and liked him as a kick returner, but not a punt returner or gunner.  I wonder if they will have Devin Smith work at it.  He was supposedly the best gunner in college football according to one of the draft write ups.   

Powell is not that dynamic.  We are talking about Walt, but Bilal isn't dynamic either.  He returned most of last year and was as dreary as anybody else.  More dreary in fact.  I guess he was okay at kick returns, but he was considerably worse than Kerley returning punts. I've gone on about it incessantly for the past week. 

There is no trickle down effect of Stacy keeping him off the roster.  Walt Powell does not just have to be activated, he is on the practice squad.  They have to cut somebody to bring him up.  Considering Owusu and Decker were both out, if they didn't do it this week, you can bet they are in no rush to make a cut for another WR.  They have too damn many already with Kerley and Smith. From the above post, you want them to cut Stacy, but Stacy is the 3rd RB, Powell would be the 7th WR.  You will probably get your wish and Stacy will be cut, but it will be when Ridley comes back, assuming he gets into decent shape.

Walt Powell is also not a gunner -  I never saw him do it last year, while both Hakim and Graham were getting raves.  When he came over there were some quotes from Arians that he was "starting to learn" how to play gunner and the Jets Blog guy watched his preseason games in Arizona and liked him as a kick returner, but not a punt returner or gunner.  I wonder if they will have Devin Smith work at it.  He was supposedly the best gunner in college football according to one of the draft write ups.   

Chris Johnson 110 yds 2 td's this week.

believe it or not, we're actually a decent team.

Philly isn't bad.   Our D played really well, they gave up 17 in the 1st half when they were out there forever, and nothing in the 2nd. 

At the end of the game, we needed them to make a play, they did.  Then they kept getting 3 and outs.

Our O Line is just real average.  Decent pass blocking, below average run blocking. 

Not so sure I agree. They left at least 14 points off the board when their RBs dropped a few sure TDs. 

One other note: from my vantage point in sect.232a corner endzone, Fitzpatrick locked on to his first read most of the game. Was throwing behind his target most of the game, and missed open receivers on several occasions. The last pick he made he had Powell in the flat for an easy first down, instead he looked at Marshall from the snap and made the wrong choice. I like Fitz but he really played a poor game yesterday.

It is amazing to me that no one mentions to loss of Jace Amaro as a significant factor in our offense.  If he was healthy he would  take pressure off both Marshall and Decker in the pass game and we could keep Enunwa on the sidelines and let him continue work on his route running.   Also I think we also missed Owusu because he is certainly more a threat than Kerley.   

I think D. Smith will be fine but Fitz under threw him twice.  If he had be led on either pass they could have and should have been completions, especially on the Int.  The idiot announcer didn't even mention this, instead just praised the cornerback (it was a good play on his part) but Smith had a step on him.    I think they will need to have him running more slants and button hooks because no one was biting on his stop and go moves.  

Love B.Marshall but he has to be better than that lateral.  Also, one of the pics being blamed on Fitz belonged to Marshall, went right through his hands.  That being said, their RBs dropped 2 sure fire long gainers.  I was worried about the bubble screen going into this game but our secondary blew that sh!t up.  The RBs out of the back field is where we were exposed, I hope our HC has a plan to fix that before london.

How tall is Brandon Marshal ? ON the last Interception, everyone is blaming Marshal for having alligator arms, but does anyone want to take into consideration just how high that ball was thrown when you take into consideration just how tall Marshal is and how high he went up to get that ball..

How tall is Brandon Marshal ? ON the last Interception, everyone is blaming Marshal for having alligator arms, but does anyone want to take into consideration just how high that ball was thrown when you take into consideration just how tall Marshal is and how high he went up to get that ball..

Sorry Tin, Marshall has to catch that ball; all he had to do was fully extend his arms.  This why I hate when players talk sh*t about have great they are; it came back and bite him in the ass. Between the momentum changing, head scratching "lateral" that became a fumble to the alligator armed attempt with the game still in balance, he demonstrated that he is not the best receiver in the league (Julio Jones is).   The fact of the matter is he doesn't have to be; he is plenty good enough but those were too bad plays by him.    Having said that, he is still my favorite Jets player.  

I agree that the ball was catchable.  I further agree that the lateral was a brain fart . My question thou is why does all of Fitzpatrick's passes leave the WRs n0 room for error. It takes everything in Fitzpatrick to throw the ball 20 yards downfield from the right hash mark to the left sideline

Archived