It's time for a change

Smo0v3mik3

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you mean Bowles who gave the job to Geno early on knowing how bad fitz sucks and only went to fitz out of last resort-today we saw what fitz is and why he cant stick on a team

Cool story, bro

But never happened

Gailey said Punchy was his starter for May, the media overreacted and Bowles reminded them firmly the next day that there was still a competition and the starter for the season was not determined

But go ahead and wave your Geno pom poms again. Maybe some Jet fan who has never seen just what a pile of crap Punchy is might actually believe you

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Rich CiminiESPN Staff Writer 

Jets coach Todd Bowles squashed any notion of a QB controversy, saying, "Ryan (Fitzpatrick) is our starter." It's the right call, but Bowles' patience will have a limit: "You're not going to win a game throwing three interceptions." The Jets dressed three QBs, with Geno Smith the No. 2.

Rich CiminiESPN Staff Writer 

Jets coach Todd Bowles squashed any notion of a QB controversy, saying, "Ryan (Fitzpatrick) is our starter." It's the right call, but Bowles' patience will have a limit: "You're not going to win a game throwing three interceptions." The Jets dressed three QBs, with Geno Smith the No. 2.

Jets coach Todd Bowles better wake up real fast.  Otherwise he's gonna have a rude awakening to the disgruntled side of NY media/fans.  

Last night I wrote a post about Fitz/Geno. I like Fitz. But the guy is clearly limited. We can look past it when our defense creates 5 turnovers and we win, but when we need to come back and need that quick strike.. Fitz is not that guy.

Everyone hates Geno.. I get it. Geno has looked good in camp before.. I get that. But all reports had Geno clicking this summer. New offense. New weapons. If Fitz can't get it done in London, I will not be opposed to a change.

Yes Fitz is limited. Just less so than Geno. Andrew Luck and Tom Brady are not sitting on the Jets bench. You can imagine any player you want but you have to play with what you've got.

People are complaining that Fitz had Marshall double covered and had nobody to throw to because Decker was out.  In
Geno's first year Kerley was his only NFL receiver and his second year Decker was hurt almost all the season.  But people are willing to write off of Geno as a complete bust while maintaining Fitz' failure was explainable by the absence of quality WRs.

People are complaining that Fitz had Marshall double covered and had nobody to throw to because Decker was out.  In
Geno's first year Kerley was his only NFL receiver and his second year Decker was hurt almost all the season.  But people are willing to write off of Geno as a complete bust while maintaining Fitz' failure was explainable by the absence of quality WRs.

Be careful not to insult the mentally challenged.  As Jet fans we should be PC and inclusive of all.  That is a tough concept for many to grasp.

I would hold off until the bye week to make a change.  

Can you imagine the media frenzy if we were to win 16-10 next wk while Fitz throws 3 picks? Jets need to get a head start next wk. if they fall behind, Geno should enter the game. Fitz is not good for a multi-possession comeback. 

Can you imagine the media frenzy if we were to win 16-10 next wk while Fitz throws 3 picks? Jets need to get a head start next wk. if they fall behind, Geno should enter the game. Fitz is not good for a multi-possession comeback. 

Only way Todd Bowles puts Geno in the game is if he has Miami DEF in his fantasy league.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't believe anybody would even consider benching Fitz for Geno....

Geno is a football dummy. Whether it's running backwards for a 10 yard sack, running out of the end zone for a safety, botching a handoff, sitting in the pocket for 5 seconds and taking unnecessary sacks, or throwing countless amounts of bone headed interceptions.... He's proven himself to be completely incompetent and a terrible decision maker. He has zero command of the huddle and his teammates don't respect him. Geno is not a leader. Geno is not an NFL quarterback (unfortunately).

Fitz is flawed, absolutely. He doesn't have a cannon and he can't single handedly bring back a team that completely showed up flat, falling down 24-0... but what he does bring is stable, NFL level quarterback play. He IS competent and he does command the huddle. His teammates do seem to respect him and that's huge. Fitz knows to do the little things like throw the football away, use his cadence, lob the football up to Marshall to see if he can draw a penalty when no one is open (worked against Indy twice). Fitz knows the system and he knows how to run Chan's offense. Stability at the quarterback position is exactly what a team like our Jets need.

I'm not saying Fitz is the best. He's probably middle of the road at best... but he's a better quarterback than Geno. Barring injury or complete season meltdown Geno should never start another game for this organization.

Fitz is as good as it's gonna get for us this season.

Geno is a football dummy. Whether it's running backwards for a 10 yard sack, running out of the end zone for a safety, botching a handoff, sitting in the pocket for 5 seconds and taking unnecessary sacks, or throwing countless amounts of bone headed interceptions.... He's proven himself to be completely incompetent and a terrible decision maker. He has zero command of the huddle and his teammates don't respect him. Geno is not a leader. Geno is not an NFL quarterback (unfortunately).

Fitz is flawed, absolutely. He doesn't have a cannon and he can't single handedly bring back a team that completely showed up flat, falling down 24-0... but what he does bring is stable, NFL level quarterback play. He IS competent and he does command the huddle. His teammates do seem to respect him and that's huge. Fitz knows to do the little things like throw the football away, use his cadence, lob the football up to Marshall to see if he can draw a penalty when no one is open (worked against Indy twice). Fitz knows the system and he knows how to run Chan's offense. Stability at the quarterback position is exactly what a team like our Jets need.

I'm not saying Fitz is the best. He's probably middle of the road at best... but he's a better quarterback than Geno. Barring injury or complete season meltdown Geno should never start another game for this organization.

Amen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fitz is lousy. He is a somewhat capable but pretty lousy backup that actually is not stable, but an extremely limited QB that is unable to make plays and consistently throws ints when it matters. Playing Fitz is a regressive move that the Jets were forced into, There is absolutely no upside, no winning record and no playoffs with the 6 team loser that has never led a team to more than 6 wins but has started 2-0 three times. Think about that....it means that once teams get some film on him they completely shut him down. And he is on a pace for 25 picks despite being a supposedly "stable" game manager type QB. There is no way in hell he is better than Geno even with all of Geno's issues.

You should have told Chan this when he named Geno the starter.

Fitz is lousy. He is a somewhat capable but pretty lousy backup that actually is not stable, but an extremely limited QB that is unable to make plays and consistently throws ints when it matters. Playing Fitz is a regressive move that the Jets were forced into,

That's just it.  People complain about Geno's turnovers his first two years in the league.  Fitz has been in the league for over a decade and he STILL makes turnovers.  We know that Fitz will never grow out of them-Geno has a chance to.

That's just it.  People complain about Geno's turnovers his first two years in the league.  Fitz has been in the league for over a decade and he STILL makes turnovers.  We know that Fitz will never grow out of them-Geno has a chance to.

Every QB makes turnovers. Brett Favre has the most INTs of all time.

Every QB makes turnovers. Brett Favre has the most INTs of all time.

Who made up for it with preternatural playmaking ability, something Fitz has none of. Even then though that playmaking ability led to some devastating mistake such as that pass in the Minny NFC Championship game. What I do not get is that we have a 10 year old veteran playing no better than the first and second year Geno yet people are coming up with every rationalization and excuse in the book, when in reality he should be clearly better than Geno, especially with the changes, but just is not. Hard fact is that 10 turnovers was a very effective deodorant for the play he exhibited in the first two games which looked statistically OK, but was very mediocre to bad. Today he was terrible. Not Kapernick terrible but very very bad. Our defense actually gave us a shot to come back and Fitz was just not up to it. Bowles and Gailey are loyal though it may take a while for them to make the change needed. 

Who made up for it with preternatural playmaking ability, something Fitz has none of. Even then though that playmaking ability led to some devastating mistake such as that pass in the Minny NFC Championship game. What I do not get is that we have a 10 year old veteran playing no better than the first and second year Geno yet people are coming up with every rationalization and excuse in the book, when in reality he should be clearly better than Geno, especially with the changes, but just is not. Hard fact is that 10 turnovers was a very effective deodorant for the play he exhibited in the first two games which looked statistically OK, but was very mediocre to bad. Today he was terrible. Not Kapernick terrible but very very bad. Our defense actually gave us a shot to come back and Fitz was just not up to it. Bowles and Gailey are loyal though it may take a while for them to make the change needed. 

Far enough but I was responding to the poster crying over a "10 year vet making turnovers"

A voice of reason and sanity.

Warning though, the Geno pom pom wavers will be launching a barrage of personal attacks and namecalling in your direction as soon as they read this.

After all Fitzpatrick is not allowed one mediocre half and must be immediately benched but Geno gets two seasons as the worst in football and "just needs a bit more time to develop his massive physical tools and talent.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

we're not benching Fitz because of one bad game that really wasn't that bad     

5 INT's in 3 games man wake up, if Geno threw 5 picks in the first 3 games you would have the pitch forks out.

I don't know what games you were watching, but Fitz never looked good this season were 2-1 because our defense took the ball away 10 tmes the first 2 weeks. 

5 INT's in 3 games man wake up, if Geno threw 5 picks in the first 3 games you would have the pitch forks out.

I don't know what games you were watching, but Fitz never looked good this season were 2-1 because our defense took the ball away 10 tmes the first 2 weeks. 

we're 2-1 because the entire team played well including Fitz.  You guys are a bunch of fickle fan boys if we lose next week to the Phins you might have a case you guys sound 9 years olds right now

we're 2-1 because the entire team played well including Fitz.  You guys are a bunch of fickle fan boys if we lose next week to the Phins you might have a case you guys sound 9 years olds right now

I've been calling for Fitz to never see the light of day once the trade rumblings started back in March, the guy is a useless, gutless, below average at best turnover machine.  Every team he has played for has never had a winning record.  11 ******* years in the NFL, 11 how many more years of losing football do you need to see out of a QB before you realize the guy just isn't that good, in fact he is pretty ******* terrible.

I am no Geno fan, but I know Geno at worst is equally as bad as Fitzpatrick, and has only played in 2 seasons with one of the worst rosters in the NFL, I would rather see him get the chance to show he is sh*t to just like Fitz so the Jets can plan accordingly for 2016.  There is an outside chance the light bulb goes on for Geno, and maybe he is just a douche of a human being who can actually play football, we know Fitz can not play winning football in the NFL, he is a backup QB, the starter will be healthy, and ready to go after London get him in there, and see what you have.

Decker had 346 yards in 11 games with Tebow, the remainder of his yards that season were with Orton at QB --> http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DeckEr00/gamelog/2011/

You can't overcome sh*tty QB play. There is a reason why the Jets haven't had a WR go for 1000 since 07.

If Geno was better than Fitz, he'd be back in the lineup the moment he returned.

First, if you cant overcome sh*tty QB play then why is it that you didnt post Brandon Marshall's stats? Brandon Marshall had 760 yards and 6 TD's in 8 games with Josh McCown. Are you suggesting that Josh McCown isnt a sh*tty QB? 

And Eric Decker had 350 yards and 4TD's in 11 games with Tebow, the worst QB in the in all of football. This is a guy who cant even get a job as a 3rd stringer in the NFL today. You mentioned how you cant overcome sh*tty QB play then mentioned how the Jets havent had a WR to go over 1000 since 07 which is funny because in Decker's injury plagued season last year where he missed 1 game and had to be pulled from multiple games last year he was just 40 yards shy of 1000 yards. Well, isnt Geno considered a "sh*tty" QB to you? Yet Decker, who was healthy for at best half the season, was 40 yards away from 1000 yards and was the only playmaking target on the entire roster. Oh, I guess being injured for half the season, missing a game means nothing when you're 40 yards shy of this mark right? 

Lastly, if Geno was viewed as the teams certified franchise QB he would have been back in the lineup the moment he returned. Dont try to mix the fact of Geno not being a franchise QB with him not being better/or better than Fitz when we both know that unless you are considered a franchise QB this is league then this is the way you are treated in this league when injured. 

I have a really hard time believing in Fitz...I haven't been that impressed with him yet other than his ability to reduce turnovers...then he f'd that up.

We need to wait and see what happens vs Miami.  He crashed the Porsche, now we see if he can coast it into the garage known as the bye week 3-1 and let the coaches take those 2 weeks to figure out which direction to go.

I just want to beat Miami and go from there.  

Starter for the first 10 days of camp? I'm not denying anything, i just don't think it Means anything. If they named him starter after 3 pre-season games, you'd have a point. Matt Flynn was the Seahawks starter at the start of the 2012 offseason, these things aren't set in stone.

Personally, i don't see a piece of sh*t QB like Geno Smith being an upgrade on Fitz. They both suck, but if i'm picking my poison i'd rather have Fitz.

What are you arguing, he was the starting QB.  You're hoping he would have played his way out of it.  

Archived