Let's be realistic...

Integrity28

If Wilkerson cannot be JJ Watt-like vs. an OL like that, he isn't getting that money from anyone. Today's game film is gonna cost him a pile. 

I agree. Even though he acts like a knucklehead off the field, Sheldon Richardson is the teams best DL. Wilkerson should be tagged and traded next year if possible. I am not getting too down about this loss since the Jets were missing their most consistent WR, starting RB and arguably their best bass rusher. Normally it's next man up - but it's not fair to expect the coaching staff to have that mentality with only one offseason to develop the roster.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. Even though he acts like a knucklehead off the field, Sheldon Richardson is the teams best DL. Wilkerson should be tagged and traded next year if possible. I am not getting too down about this loss since the Jets were missing their most consistent WR, starting RB and arguably their best bass rusher. Normally it's next man up - but it's not fair to expect the coaching staff to have that mentality with only one offseason to develop the roster.

On the flipside the Eagles were missing last seasons top rusher, and two starting linebackers. 

Well Sheldon was at home but he may have been fishing..:P

Great post. Should also be pointed out that Bilal Powell sucks, and asking Fitzpatrck to throw vertical routes is absurd. Defensively, backs are going to get loose against this defense at times because the DL is working upfield on every snap. The Jets need to think long and hard about not paying Wilkerson, btw. He's simply not a game-changing defensive end, which sucks. 

dude has the highest grade on PFF for a 3-4 DE from what I hear .. So he must be doing something right 

before week 3 but I'm guessing 11 tackles isn't going too lower that number ..

Per PFF, Mo Wilkerson has been the highest graded 3-4 DE through 2 weeks with a grade of +10.5. #NYJ

Aye, many words would indeed be sperged.

Pointlessly, IMO.

If Geno goes back in in 2015, Fitz will never see the field again barring injury to Geno.

There is no "change to give Geno a try, we can always change back" as I see it.

Once Fitz is benched, it's for good, and we get Geno Smith the rest of the season.

Bowles gets one change.  He changes back, he looks like a fool, and he doesn't strike me as the type to accept looking the fool.

So we fans should keep that in mind.  Geno back is Geno for good in 2015.

I don't buy this hat for a second.  Geno can be benched and Fitz brought back the in.  It been done before.  Plus the last thing I want my HC to worry about is what he's got no to do if he has to make another move down the road do he plays someone he thinks is inferior. Lots of pointless reasons not to make a move if Bowles wants to.  Especially if he feels Petty is his guy down the road. 

I appreciate your nice post. I have been a Jets fan for over 30 years now-I remember crying when my boyhood idol, Mark Gastineau, retired early to marry some she-male. 

That said, I remain positive, despite this Sunday's loss. I do give credit to the Eagles, because they exposed the one giant weakness on our team - the QB position. Two of our three playmakers on offense (Marshall, Decker and Ivory), were out, and we couldn't seem to overcome their absences (and Marshall's bizarre lateral attempt didn't help). The Eagles basically focused on stopping our running game and challenged Ryan Fitzpatrick (there's a reason why he's always been a journeyman back QB) to win the game.

The fact is, Bilal Powell and Jeremy Kerley were not able to step up. Our defense was on the field way too long, and I felt that the tackling was lazy when trying to stop the run. 

That's okay, however. We will have our starters back come Sunday morning. Our defense is still a brick wall, and we haven't even gotten Richardson back yet. I am looking forward to seeing Geno Smith return. I am hoping he's matured enough to not make dumb mistakes on the field, because he actually can throw the ball downfield. 

I still ill say this could very well be our year.

Aye, many words would indeed be sperged.

Pointlessly, IMO.

If Geno goes back in in 2015, Fitz will never see the field again barring injury to Geno.

There is no "change to give Geno a try, we can always change back" as I see it.

Once Fitz is benched, it's for good, and we get Geno Smith the rest of the season.

Bowles gets one change.  He changes back, he looks like a fool, and he doesn't strike me as the type to accept looking the fool.

So we fans should keep that in mind.  Geno back is Geno for good in 2015.

I don't buy this at all.

It's known as the Not For Long league for good reason.  Dynamics change week to week, and coaches make changes often.  You only need to go back to last season to find an example where Geno was benched, then given the job back a few weeks later.

There is nothing foolish about trying to find the best quarterback for success in any given period.  Inconsistent quarterbacks are streaky by definition.  There is no doubt in my mind that if Geno becomes starter and falls flat on his face, Fitzpatrick will be right back in sooner rather than later.  There is no reason to believe that Geno's leash is long.

Good teams lose the game to the eagles great teams win those games ...we are not great yet but I think we are on the right path. We came out flat and deserved to lose but keep this in mind maybe that wakes up a team that took the eagles to lightly when they shouldn't have. This was a good time for this type of game to happen I expect a big time turnaround the next few weeks

Archived