fitz apologists

kmnj

I just cant understand how anybody can look at Fitz and think he is anything more than I a jag-I told you before the season he was awful and has no arm- I was at the game today like almost every game the past 35 years and he proved without a doubt he is not a NFL starter if you want to go anywhere-make no mistake Gailey knew this and knows him best that is why Geno was given the job early in camp. All of his previous teams that cut him knew this and now he is just older. Those dink and dunks for no yards were terrible. The missing of an open wr for a sure td that would have won the game(punted instead run back for a td) The turnovers terrible. 

Bmarsh loves geno and will bring the best out of Geno-when the jets got harvin last year and decker was healthy Geno looked decent which is way way better than fitz-I would rather go down fighting and trying to use our weapons then playing ultra conservative with a guy that cant throw a ball over 25 yards

The "fitz guys" also loved our last gm and were glad to see revis and cro leave....

We will not  see the playoffs with Fitz-go to Geno-if he fails start the Petty era go from there

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No one is enshrining Fitz into the Hall of Fame. The "apologists" as you call them, simply believe that Fitz is less awful than Geno. It's that simple. Not sure where the confusion is.

both coaches liked Geno better and thought he gave us the best shot-Bmarsh moved in with Geno as well. coaches should go back to their original plan before it is too late now that Geno is able to play-the apologists are defending his play today which was indefensible

both coaches liked Geno better and thought he gave us the best shot-Bmarsh moved in with Geno as well. coaches should go back to their original plan before it is too late now that Geno is able to play-the apologists are defending his play today which was indefensible

Well some people prefer not to make season-altering decisions based on a small sample size. If you took 100 bums out of the stands and asked them to all attempt a 40 yard FG, odds are one of them would hit it from sheer luck or beer muscles. That doesn't mean he's the next Janikowski.

Well some people prefer not to make season-altering decisions based on a small sample size. If you took 100 bums out of the stands and asked them to all attempt a 40 yard FG, odds are one of them would hit it from sheer luck or beer muscles. That doesn't mean he's the next Janikowski.

coaches brought him in as a back up after seeing geno compete in camp they right away gave geno the job-fitz sucks he is a qb2 at best-they will realize they need to go back to geno to see if he can perform with the MUCH better team than last year

Save the season while we can

coaches brought him in as a back up after seeing geno compete in camp they right away gave geno the job-fitz sucks he is a qb2 at best-they will realize they need to go back to geno to see if he can perform with the MUCH better team than last year

In the pantheon of historical Jets disasters, a 2-1 beginning to a season makes me alternate between yawning and napping.

No one is enshrining Fitz into the Hall of Fame. The "apologists" as you call them, simply believe that Fitz is less awful than Geno. It's that simple. Not sure where the confusion is.

This X1,000,000

Could have been Jerry Rice, Michael Irvin and Lance Alworth in their primes.

Geno would have still thrown three picks in five throws in less than a quarter, run backwards out of field goal position, run out of his own EZ for a safety, executed a behind the back fumble that made today's Marshall lateral and Sanchez' Buttfumble look tame and been the worst rated starting QB in the NFL for two full seasons.

People want to act Fitz just played bad yesterday . He was bad imo last week .. Only being able to muster up 20 points on one of the worst defenses in football while your defense takes away the ball 5 times . Meanwhile Tyrod Taylor and Marriotta all put up 30+ on that same piss poor defense ..

11 years of being a losing QB is not a small sample size.

People want to act Fitz just played bad yesterday . He was bad imo last week .. Only being able to muster up 20 points on one of the worst defenses in football while your defense takes away the ball 5 times . Meanwhile Tyrod Taylor and Marriotta all put up 30+ on that same piss poor defense ..

and they were playing at home we were on the road

I just cant understand how anybody can look at Geno and think he is anything more than I a jag-I told you before the season he was awful and has an inaccurate arm- I was at six games last year and he proved without a doubt he is not a NFL starter if you want to go anywhere-make no mistake Gailey deosen't know him, that is why Geno was given the job early in camp. Those interceptions and incompletions were terrible. The missing of an open wr for a sure td that would have won the game was incomplete pass or intercepted instead. 

Bmarsh loves his roomate geno and will bring the best out of Geno-when the jets got harvin last year and decker was healthy, and the season was over, Geno looked decent which is way way better than fitz looked today after looking good in weeks one an two,-I would rather go down fighting and trying to use our weapons, leading the league in long interceptions, then playing ultra conservative with a guy that cant throw a ball over 25 yards

The "fitz guys" also loved our last gm and were glad to see revis and cro leave....I'm not sure why I said that because it's not true and has nothing to do with my original point, but still.

We will not  see the playoffs with Geno-if he fails start the Petty era go from there

I just cant understand how anybody can look at Fitz and think he is anything more than I a jag-I told you before the season he was awful and has no arm- I was at the game today like almost every game the past 35 years and he proved without a doubt he is not a NFL starter if you want to go anywhere-make no mistake Gailey knew this and knows him best that is why Geno was given the job early in camp. All of his previous teams that cut him knew this and now he is just older. Those dink and dunks for no yards were terrible. The missing of an open wr for a sure td that would have won the game(punted instead run back for a td) The turnovers terrible. 

Bmarsh loves geno and will bring the best out of Geno-when the jets got harvin last year and decker was healthy Geno looked decent which is way way better than fitz-I would rather go down fighting and trying to use our weapons then playing ultra conservative with a guy that cant throw a ball over 25 yards

The "fitz guys" also loved our last gm and were glad to see revis and cro leave....

We will not  see the playoffs with Fitz-go to Geno-if he fails start the Petty era go from there

Im not a Fitz apologist. Anyone who knows me knows how I was rather pissed that they traded for a QB NOT NAMED Mike Glennon this past offseason. With that said, Fitz is a nice back up QB. The too high/too low thing going on with Jets fans is a bit out there but understandable. Fitz didnt have a good game yesterday but his overall level of play this year coming from a back up is should now be expected. We are 2-1 with a back up QB and a top defense. 

Here's to wishing/hoping that Geno is better. 

Geno would have still thrown three picks in five throws in less than a quarter, run backwards out of field goal position, run out of his own EZ for a safety, executed a behind the back fumble that made today's Marshall lateral and Sanchez' Buttfumble look tame and been the worst rated starting QB in the NFL for two full seasons.

Im going to ask you a question, and please take your time finding the answer if need be. 

When has Geno every had weapons around him anywhere close to Jerry Rice, Michael Irvin and Lance Alworth? 

Fitz has been a Jet for 15 minutes and he's already had a better group of weapons around him than Geno has had in 2 years. 

I don't think Fitz was ever supposed to play great football on our roster, I think the expectation was that he would play safe football and not lose games for us while the more talented players on our roster won the games. Yesterday Fitz had a bad game however the whole team played bad it was not just him, we played against an Eagles team who were embarrassed two weeks in a row than had a full week to listen to the radio telling them how they can't beat the Jets. The Eagles came in angry and hell bent on winning and the Jets just didn't even show up until the second half. Fitz is not a long term answer by any means but to often I see the forum ready to cut a player after one bad game.

Im going to ask you a question, and please take your time finding the answer if need be. 

When has Geno every had weapons around him anywhere close to Jerry Rice, Michael Irvin and Lance Alworth? 

Was going to be a wiseguy and say at the 2013 draft but looking back at that WR class the best ones are Deandre Hopkins and Keenen Allen so that's not even close.

The Jets are not making the playoffs anyway.

Geno was throwing to Stephen standing still Hill and Clyde WTF Gates

It's incredible that they refuse to acknowledge this.  They post away as if the situations are comparable.  If Fitz was playing in Idziks offense he would have been 6-23 instead of 11-18.  Fitz is like a Mercury Sable... fine to cruise around in but god help you if you get in a race. 

fact: the Jets paid top dollar for best available FA QB ... you don't pay that kind of money to fill the depth chart behind starters. That is well justified non-belief in Geno.

see if you can find the posts where anyone is claiming fitz would win games when the rest of the Jets (off/def/ST) were flat. 58 passing attempts is desperation football, not a bumbling QB. 

He becomes horrible without a run game.  With a run game he can manage a team.  But if you have no run game and need him to carry your team you are falling fat on your face.  Pretty much consensus around here.

It's incredible that they refuse to acknowledge this.  They post away as if the situations are comparable.  If Fitz was playing in Idziks offense he would have been 6-23 instead of 11-18.  Fitz is like a Mercury Sable... fine to cruise around in but god help you if you get in a race. 

This is pure brilliance.  My ex mother-in-law was driving one of these in 1991 when I married my first wife. LOL

Im not a Fitz apologist. Anyone who knows me knows how I was rather pissed that they traded for a QB NOT NAMED Mike Glennon this past offseason. With that said, Fitz is a nice back up QB. The too high/too low thing going on with Jets fans is a bit out there but understandable. Fitz didnt have a good game yesterday but his overall level of play this year coming from a back up is should now be expected. We are 2-1 with a back up QB and a top defense. 

Here's to wishing/hoping that Geno is better. 

+1

He's a really good backup who was brought in to provide Geno with another voice and hopefully never get into a game.  He was forced into the starting role by IK and he gave us two wins and now theres too much tape of him as a starter showing everyone his limitations in this offense with this group.  The Eagles showed the blueprint, stack the box, sell out stopping the run and if Fitz isnt perfect the Jets are in trouble and the TOs will pile up. 

That doesn't make you love Geno, thats the way it played out

Geno has had an awful supporting cast the last two years, not that it is overwhelmingly better now, I would still like to see what he could do with a healthy trio of Decker, Marshall and Smith.  We, as fans, deserve to see what he can do.   Fitz is not an NFL caliber QB - we know that.

Archived