fitz apologists

kmnj

Obviously, the coach thinks Fitzy gives him the best chance to win.

If and when the team is eliminated from playoff contention, you can experiment with Geno or Petty.

we'll likely see geno in week 5 if fitz doesn't play better this week. He's only the starter because of injury so he hasn't earned that trust yet

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this team has has too many clippy skippy stiffies. 

Heh you have a real coach in Gainesville now. He will bring them back.

haha

I hope you're right.  I like what I see so far.  Even in the wins, he's been coming out criticizing the performances and demanding better.  Whereas old crazy eyes Muschump would have been demanding a parade for beating an unranked Vols team at home on a miracle play.  The team is responding to him and that's all you can ask for at this point. He needs a couple of full recruiting seasons to get us back on track.  

I'm optimistic.  This weekend's game is a huge test for the team and will really show if he has the ability to scheme on a per game basis.  He's been pretty vanilla out the gates. 

If and when the team is eliminated from playoff contention, you can experiment with Geno or Petty.

That is simply NOT true. He is giving Fitz his shot, and Bowles has said Geno needs to get back up to speed. They are not looking to rush Geno, but nothing suggests that they feel Fitz gives them the best chance to win. Nothing. They are just dealing with the situation as best they can.

You're conveniently ignoring that Geno was the starter before getting punched, so the coach doesnt think this.  But he's not going to rock the boat while theyre winning.  Bet this, Geno will be in before they're eliminated from playoff competition.  If they play the fins like they played the Eagles, you may see him back after the bye.

You're conveniently ignoring that Geno was the starter before getting punched, so the coach doesnt think this.  But he's not going to rock the boat while theyre winning.  Bet this, Geno will be in before they're eliminated from playoff competition.  If they play the fins like they played the Eagles, you may see him back after the bye.

Geno was the starter before they played a preseason game.  That is not quite the same as winning the QB competition outright, particularly when Fitzpatrick was limited early in camp recovering from the broken leg. Geno just started practicing and I can bet that for this week Bowles thinks Fitzpatrick gives them the best chance of winning.  No reason to go beyond that.  A lot can happen in a week.  Last week I was reading posts pissed that we weren't being considered super bowl contenders and now I hear that we will be lucky to ever complete a pass or run for more than 3 yards because teams will be stacking the box against Chad Jr. .

Not may, will.  

If Fitz is routinely missing throws short, throws 3 more Ints (6 in 2 games) and is 8 TDs and 8 INTs, I fully expect Geno after the bye week.  the Eagles and Phins had shown NOTHING before we played them...our defense only gave up 17 points to the Eagles (which should be enough to win)...but 2 redzone INTs (yes, the ball was thrown from out of the redzone but caught in the redzone)...and we lose another nail biter again...by 7 or less...its time to move on from the turnover machine.  He's rated as one of the worst QBs in the NFL right now...every bad thing ever said about Geno in year 1-2 would be on display from a 10+ year vet...you move to Geno with 2 weeks to prep, no brainer.

I'd like to apologize for Fitzy's performance this coming Sunday in London.

Winters could not handle Suh at all, Fitz was under pressure all day long.

The running game was crap.

Defense couldn't get a big stop in 4Q.

Special teams sucked.

It was windy, rainy, and the sun was in his eyes.

No QB could compete effectively under those circumstances.

we'll likely see geno in week 5 if fitz doesn't play better this week. He's only the starter because of injury so he hasn't earned that trust yet

Besides the fact the Jets don't play in Week 5, I don't think the leash is that short either. Even at 2-2 (which won't happen), most fans would have taken 2-2 given the schedule at the beginning of the season. After the Jets win on Sunday they have a bye and a few cupcakes.  They could easily be 5-1 and Geno won't see the field barring an injury. 

I'd like to apologize for Fitzy's performance this coming Sunday in London.

Winters could not handle Suh at all, Fitz was under pressure all day long.

The running game was crap.

Defense couldn't get a big stop in 4Q.

Special teams sucked.

It was windy, rainy, and the sun was in his eyes.

No QB could compete effectively under those circumstances.

I'd like to point out it's always the QB's fault, no matter what

lol

Geno was the starter before they played a preseason game.  That is not quite the same as winning the QB competition outright, particularly when Fitzpatrick was limited early in camp recovering from the broken leg. Geno just started practicing and I can bet that for this week Bowles thinks Fitzpatrick gives them the best chance of winning.  No reason to go beyond that.  A lot can happen in a week.  Last week I was reading posts pissed that we weren't being considered super bowl contenders and now I hear that we will be lucky to ever complete a pass or run for more than 3 yards because teams will be stacking the box against Chad Jr. .

Geno was the starter when he was hurt.  I get you were hoping and counting on Geno to blow it when the games started.  He would have had to completly shlt the bed because Fitz showed nothing in the preseason games.  Nothing was going to change.  Bowles rightfully doesnt want to rock the boat right now, theyre winning.  Fitz wins sunday I would assume hes the starter.  He loses he's out and go with Geno.  

Not may, will.  

If Fitz is routinely missing throws short, throws 3 more Ints (6 in 2 games) and is 8 TDs and 8 INTs, I fully expect Geno after the bye week.  the Eagles and Phins had shown NOTHING before we played them...our defense only gave up 17 points to the Eagles (which should be enough to win)...but 2 redzone INTs (yes, the ball was thrown from out of the redzone but caught in the redzone)...and we lose another nail biter again...by 7 or less...its time to move on from the turnover machine.  He's rated as one of the worst QBs in the NFL right now...every bad thing ever said about Geno in year 1-2 would be on display from a 10+ year vet...you move to Geno with 2 weeks to prep, no brainer.

You have to write it like the Geno haters did. Historically bad.  LOL

Geno was the starter when he was hurt.  I get you were hoping and counting on Geno to blow it when the games started.  He would have had to completly shlt the bed because Fitz showed nothing in the preseason games.  Nothing was going to change.  Bowles rightfully doesnt want to rock the boat right now, theyre winning.  Fitz wins sunday I would assume hes the starter.  He loses he's out and go with Geno.  

I love it when somebody agenda driven poster tries to stuff my opinion in a box.  Nice to know you don't think I'm a real fan, but that doesn't win you any debates around here.  I actually wanted Geno to win the job and was hopeful that Gailey could make him useful..  I am just not that fond of switching QBs mid-stream.  IMO you can't really go back once that genie is out of the bottle and Geno has barely practiced.

Geno was the starter when he was hurt because he was last year's starter and Fitzpatrick was hurt.  He did not "win the job in camp." You can claim that Fitzpatrick showed nothing in the preseason games, but that doesn't mean Geno was going to be better. Bowles was going with Geno precisely because he doesn't want to rock the boat, not sure why he'd want to now.  I am sure that they were going to give Geno every chance to win the job.  He is younger, cheaper and signed for an extra year. You seem to think Geno will be handed the job back as soon as they lose, but I'm not so sure.  If Fitzpatrick really falters he is probably out, but I don't think a simple loss guarantees it.  Geno has not earned anything.  Hopefully he is working hard and will be ready, because I'm sure he will get a chance at some point this season whether through poor play or injury.

Not may, will.  

Are we counting the Dolphins game as a loss already? Just as ridiculous as those who already marked a W in the Eagles game before kickoff.

I love it when somebody agenda driven poster tries to stuff my opinion in a box.  Nice to know you don't think I'm a real fan, but that doesn't win you any debates around here.  I actually wanted Geno to win the job and was hopeful that Gailey could make him useful..  I am just not that fond of switching QBs mid-stream.  IMO you can't really go back once that genie is out of the bottle and Geno has barely practiced.

Geno was the starter when he was hurt because he was last year's starter and Fitzpatrick was hurt.  He did not "win the job in camp." You can claim that Fitzpatrick showed nothing in the preseason games, but that doesn't mean Geno was going to be better. Bowles was going with Geno precisely because he doesn't want to rock the boat, not sure why he'd want to now.  I am sure that they were going to give Geno every chance to win the job.  He is younger, cheaper and signed for an extra year. You seem to think Geno will be handed the job back as soon as they lose, but I'm not so sure.  If Fitzpatrick really falters he is probably out, but I don't think a simple loss guarantees it.  Geno has not earned anything.  Hopefully he is working hard and will be ready, because I'm sure he will get a chance at some point this season whether through poor play or injury.

I get why you're making shlt up, trying to say youve been accused of not being a fan or whatever.  You may not be fond of switching QBs mid stream because the guy you wanted to start is starting.  You're out of your mind if you think anyone is going to believe your nonsense that Geno was the starter because Fitz was hurt or any other made up story that fits the argument.  Fitz showed nothing in camp, OTAs and preseason games.  No matter how many time the 2 or 3 who want to convince people of this.  Funny, all the reasons people listed as why Fitz is done and shouldnt start, anywhere, are what hes struggling with now.  Has nothing to do with his leg.  Leave that out of this, he cant throw downfield, has no zip, can throw sideline passes because of his leg????  You somehow missed Gailey naming Geno the starter and the HCs half commitment to continuing a "competition". Or the reports that Fitz was told he was being signed to be the backup QB here.  Kind of goes out the window.  

Why don't you stop with all these nonsensical posts, just say you rather see Fitz play QB because you don't think Geno can play.  Stop stroking us with these long drawn out exercises.  But then again, you were all for Geno, LOL

I disagree but he has to play better than he has in recent weeks.

Well, if Fitz looks awesome vs Browns and Colts D...like everyone else...then sh!ts the bed vs Eagles and Miami, he proves he's not the answer.  Last year Fitz was 8 TDs and 8 Ints vs everyone not named Jax, Titans, and Raiders...and 9 TDs and 0 INTs vs Jax, Titans, and raiders.  if he craps the bed this week, the book is out on Fitz and it is time to move on, even if the coaches and front office are too stupid to see it.  Not saying they are, but I will shortly thereafter if they don't see what the Bills, Rams, Titans, and Texans already have on film.  Again, that is an "if" statement, as in "if he looks bad," it is not a definite.  Again, 1 week is not a trend, but it does make you pay attention...especially when this is history repeating itself for the 5th time...at least we wont get off to 2-1 and give him a mega mill deal like the Bills did only to win a couple more games all season...

I get why you're making shlt up, trying to say youve been accused of not being a fan or whatever.  You may not be fond of switching QBs mid stream because the guy you wanted to start is starting.  You're out of your mind if you think anyone is going to believe your nonsense that Geno was the starter because Fitz was hurt or any other made up story that fits the argument.  Fitz showed nothing in camp, OTAs and preseason games.  No matter how many time the 2 or 3 who want to convince people of this.  Funny, all the reasons people listed as why Fitz is done and shouldnt start, anywhere, are what hes struggling with now.  Has nothing to do with his leg.  Leave that out of this, he cant throw downfield, has no zip, can throw sideline passes because of his leg????  You somehow missed Gailey naming Geno the starter and the HCs half commitment to continuing a "competition". Or the reports that Fitz was told he was being signed to be the backup QB here.  Kind of goes out the window.  

Why don't you stop with all these nonsensical posts, just say you rather see Fitz play QB because you don't think Geno can play.  Stop stroking us with these long drawn out exercises.  But then again, you were all for Geno, LOL

This is pretty funny.  Did you require another post to do exactly what I said you did?  Factual inaccuracies include:

1. I wanted Fitzpatrick to start.  I wanted Geno.
  2. Geno was made the starter because he beat Fitzpatrick out in camp.  Geno could not have won a QB competition because he was named starter (May 20)before Fitzpatrick was cleared to play (May 27).
  3. Actual reasons Geno was named starter.  The actual reasons are: he was the incumbent, he is younger, he is cheaper and he is signed for 2016.

I think you should go back and read the articles attached to my first post on the QB "competition"  I didn't miss Gailey naming Geno the starter.  I quoted him. Read the dates and if you still think it is nonsensical that Geno was named starter before Fitzpatrick played go and see an optometrist.

Well, if Fitz looks awesome vs Browns and Colts D...like everyone else...then sh!ts the bed vs Eagles and Miami, he proves he's not the answer.  Last year Fitz was 8 TDs and 8 Ints vs everyone not named Jax, Titans, and Raiders...and 9 TDs and 0 INTs vs Jax, Titans, and raiders.  if he craps the bed this week, the book is out on Fitz and it is time to move on, even if the coaches and front office are too stupid to see it.  Not saying they are, but I will shortly thereafter if they don't see what the Bills, Rams, Titans, and Texans already have on film.  Again, that is an "if" statement, as in "if he looks bad," it is not a definite.  Again, 1 week is not a trend, but it does make you pay attention...especially when this is history repeating itself for the 5th time...at least we wont get off to 2-1 and give him a mega mill deal like the Bills did only to win a couple more games all season...

He looked OK against Cle and poor against Indy.

And, if you're happy going 4-12 every year, Geno is your guy.

Didn't he go 8-8 his rookie year?  I mean I know it wasn't all on him but that is 50% of his playing career.  Do you realize that in 10 seasons, Fitz has NEVER led a team to 8 wins?  I don't give sh*t how you feel about Geno at least be fair in your argument.

He looked OK against Cle and poor against Indy.

But the Fitz LOVERS count that as a good game, so I wont argue.  No one is arguing his game vs the Eagles was good...except an old site I used to post on.  Every once in awhile Ill go read their board and they are blaming the WRs and oline for the bad 3rd game, and they count him as great through 3 games and the team letting him down.  I cant even post on that board how hypocritical that is…you could say the same for and Geno Sanchez…if the oline and WRs were better, they’d be studs!  However, those same posters will fail to point out when Fitz was bailed out by the same WRs and oline…it obviously evens out…but don’t try to be rationale with those types of fans.

But the Fitz LOVERS count that as a good game, so I wont argue.  No one is arguing his game vs the Eagles was good...except an old site I used to post on.  Every once in awhile Ill go read their board and they are blaming the WRs and oline for the bad 3rd game, and they count him as great through 3 games and the team letting him down.  I cant even post on that board how hypocritical that is…you could say the same for and Geno Sanchez…if the oline and WRs were better, they’d be studs!  However, those same posters will fail to point out when Fitz was bailed out by the same WRs and oline…it obviously evens out…but don’t try to be rationale with those types of fans.

he hasn't been good but we have won 2 of 3 and he has provided a veteran presence and his teammates are responding well to him.

This is pretty funny.  Did you require another post to do exactly what I said you did?  Factual inaccuracies include:

1. I wanted Fitzpatrick to start.  I wanted Geno.
  2. Geno was made the starter because he beat Fitzpatrick out in camp.  Geno could not have won a QB competition because he was named starter (May 20)before Fitzpatrick was cleared to play (May 27).
  3. Actual reasons Geno was named starter.  The actual reasons are: he was the incumbent, he is younger, he is cheaper and he is signed for 2016.

I think you should go back and read the articles attached to my first post on the QB "competition"  I didn't miss Gailey naming Geno the starter.  I quoted him. Read the dates and if you still think it is nonsensical that Geno was named starter before Fitzpatrick played go and see an optometrist.

You really have to stop trying to sell yourself as someone youre not.  From a rooting for Geno fan or knowing what was going on at camp.  Apparently all those annoying little reports of Geno performing well, Fitz sucking and Geno being the starting QB is just noise and meaningless.  You were for Geno but knew he would lose the job he had won.  Grow a pair and just say you like Fitz more than Geno.  Its not a big deal and makes more sense that what youre trying to sell.  Better that Geno won but it was too early.  Fitz wasnt healed.  Or that the coaches spoke to soon.  Do you understand, Fitz was signed to be the backup and Geno did nothing to change that.  Did you miss the whole conversation asking Bowles if Geno would get the job back when he healed?  

You really have to stop trying to sell yourself as someone youre not.  From a s Geno fan or having a clue what was going on at camp.  Apparently all those annoying little reports of Geno performing well, Fitz sucking and Geno being the starting QB is lost on you.  But you wanted Geno.  But knew he would lose the job he was winning.  You sound like a fan.  What is it with people like you.  Grow a pair and just say you like Fitz more than Geno.  What with the lame argument that Geno was winning but could lose the job.  Or that the coaches spoke to soon.  Do you understand, Fitz was signed to be the backup and Geno did nothing to change that.  You can go to your Fitzy calendar all you want.  

How about the reports of Fitz not participating while still recovering from a broken leg? 

How about the reports of Fitz not participating while still recovering from a broken leg? 

That makes him the starter how?  How did him not being able to play make the argument that he was going to be the starter?  He was told he was signing to be the backup.  

How about all the reports that he had no arm or accuracy when he was practicing?  Theyre somehow meaningless given thats exactly his problem now?

Well, the WRs and OL do deserve part of the blame. 

The OL sucked against Phillly backups, and other than Marshall, the Jet WRs sucked... and Marshall gave the Philly offense another possession on a silver platter with that stupid lateral.

How many times did Fitz have a clean pocket? How many throws were rushed? I'm not arguing Fitz is a great QB, but bad football usually happens because of several breakdowns.  

That makes him the starter how?  How did him not being able to play make the argument that he was going to be the starter?  He was told he was signing to be the backup.  

How about all the reports that he had no arm or accuracy when he was practicing?  Theyre somehow meaningless given thats exactly his problem now?

Why are you responding with stupid questions?

You made reference to "reports" of Geno looking good in camp. My post was meant to imply "compared to what"? Fitz wasn't playing. The "reports" you are referencing were ******* fan tweets about him completing a pass here and there. Geno has "looked good" in camp before... it doesn't translate to the games.

Why are you responding with stupid questions?

You made reference to "reports" of Geno looking good in camp. My post was meant to imply "compared to what"? Fitz wasn't playing. The "reports" you are referencing were ******* fan tweets about him completing a pass here and there. Geno has "looked good" in camp before... it doesn't translate to the games.

Stupid questions?  You think their entire time on the practice field was with Fitz sitting out?  LOL ok

Fan tweets?  You need to get out, read more than whats on the internet.  I pay no attention to fan tweets.  

You want to argue Geno wasn't the QB, hadn't been given the job, didn't deserve it over Fitz go for it.  Youre wrong, but whatever works for you.  

Sanchez would still be the starting Jets QB if this was even remotely true.

Thank Goodness that even Fitz said that he played poorly. Those on this thread Fitz said he played poorly and let his teammates down....

Fitz said it .....Come on now...

Good Grief!

Well, the WRs and OL do deserve part of the blame. 

The OL sucked against Phillly backups, and other than Marshall, the Jet WRs sucked... and Marshall gave the Philly offense another possession on a silver platter with that stupid lateral.

How many times did Fitz have a clean pocket? How many throws were rushed? I'm not arguing Fitz is a great QB, but bad football usually happens because of several breakdowns.  

don't forget the Marshall alligator arms.

ge was directly responsible for 2 big turnovers. 

Archived