fitz apologists

kmnj

SMFH why do some of you feel the need to make up sh*t about our QB situation in TC? It's not like Geno is coming in right now with the team at 3-1. Geno has plenty of real shortcomings, no need to make up some WTF! 

Up until his jaw was rearranged, Geno was the clear cut starter. He was taking 100% of the reps with the 1s. It was not even remotely close to a QB competition situation. There wasn't even any entertainment of seeing what Fitz could do with the 1s outside of a few reps with them to switch things up. It was Geno's job to lose and he lost it when IK snapped his jaw in 2. 

Geno is not seeing the field unless Fitz's limitations at QB directly impacts our ability to lose games, why make up bullsh*t like "Fitz was going to start anyways"? 

cause he was. day they got him cause he knew chans system and they didnt trust geno w/new playbook (who in right mind would, LOL). Not provable, but logical. Geno in camp means zilch, they were waiting to see if Fitz's broken leg healed by opening day. But who cares, Bleed Green and root for Petty in 2017. Now if Fitz hurt, I will root 100% for Geno in 2015 and if he does what I think he cant (be successful in playoff run games, all the better) I will be happy as hell. Just want Jets to win. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cause he was. day they got him cause he knew chans system and they didnt trust geno w/new playbook (who in right mind would, LOL). Not provable, but logical. Geno in camp means zilch, they were waiting to see if Fitz's broken leg healed by opening day. But who cares, Bleed Green.

Whatever makes you feel better in your head. Just know its a figment of your imagination and there's no way to quantify that. 

I mean you do realize you made up that entire post right? 

Whatever makes you feel better in your head. Just know its a figment of your imagination and there's no way to quantify that. 

I mean you do realize you made up that entire post right? 

Sure carly. You inside building? If not you dont  know.  You believe everything coaches say in Pressers pre season, LOL.

geno cant read a playbook or read D's, bottom line and coaching staff/GM realized that when hired and looked at film. Cant say Fitz starter when he is limited in preseason with healing broken leg. Fitz was starter if leg healed , day they signed him.

No one knows , no one for sure...........

Yup, and signed guy who knew Chans system.

And who led the league in interceptions while running Chan's system. 

Fitzpatrick sucks and we are actually in our worst case scenario. We ain't winning anything with Fitz. His arm is gonna eventually cost us a game or two but his game management "skills" are gonna keep us in enough games to screw us in next year's draft. 

We're never gonna see if Smith can be something and we won't have a good enough draft pick to find a franchise guy to hang out hats on and we're gonna head into next year with the same three guys in the QB room. 

******* shoot me. 

Jet Nut had been, but he's since laid off the competition angle. No one else that I've seen. He was named the starter early, and got all the starting reps right up until his jaw was broken in two places. There was no competition. They showed no interest in having a competition. 

All of which leaves us with the question of why the starter became the backup as a result injury? For most teams in the league this would not be the case.  The only teams where it would happen are the teams where the starter does not have a firm hold on the position to begin with.  I believe that is the case here as well.  Geno may have been the starter but his hold on the position was tenuous, obviously.

With this defense I think that man Jets fans were just begging for competent QB play.  We would have signed up for that in a heartbeat.  While our QB play has not been without problems, it would be hard to argue that our QB play so far has not met the competency bar.

I do not know what would have happened if the team had taken any one of a number of different forks in the road.  Nobody knows those things.  Maybe we are 4-0 under Geno and maybe we are 0-4.  Remember also that people saying nice things about Geno after a practice or two is nothing new for Jets fans.  We have heard that each of the first three years now that he has been with the team and it was not an indicator of how well he would play in real games. 

Fitzpatrick sucks and we are actually in our worst case scenario. We ain't winning anything with Fitz. His arm is gonna eventually cost us a game or two but his game management "skills" are gonna keep us in enough games to screw us in next year's draft. 

We're never gonna see if Smith can be something and we won't have a good enough draft pick to find a franchise guy to hang out hats on and we're gonna head into next year with the same three guys in the QB room. 

******* shoot me. 

3-1 and he knows playbook,  and he can read progressions (2 of Deckers TDs were 2nd and 3rd reads, Geno NEVER did that, he bailed when Primary covered,, took 15 yd loss and out of FG range LOL), something Geno can not. Fitz may suck but Geno cant read a defense. Pick your poison.

Sure carly. You inside building? If not you dont  know.  You believe everything coaches say in Pressers pre season, LOL.

geno cant read a playbook or read D's, bottom line and coaching staff/GM realized that when hired and looked at film. Cant say Fitz starter when he is limited in preseason with healing broken leg. Fitz was starter if leg healed , day they signed him.

No one knows , no one for sure...........

You're asking me if I have inside tips but you can say with certainty that Geno can't read a playbook? LMFAOOOO I'm out you guys and this thread are jokes 

All of which leaves us with the question of why the starter became the backup as a result injury? For most teams in the league this would not be the case.  The only teams where it would happen are the teams where the starter does not have a firm hold on the position to begin with.  I believe that is the case here as well.  Geno may have been the starter but his hold on the position was tenuous, obviously.

With this defense I think that man Jets fans were just begging for competent QB play.  We would have signed up for that in a heartbeat.  While our QB play has not been without problems, it would be hard to argue that our QB play so far has not met the competency bar.

I do not know what would have happened if the team had taken any one of a number of different forks in the road.  Nobody knows those things.  Maybe we are 4-0 under Geno and maybe we are 0-4.  Remember also that people saying nice things about Geno after a practice or two is nothing new for Jets fans.  We have heard that each of the first three years now that he has been with the team and it was not an indicator of how well he would play in real games. 

good post

******* shoot me. 

We had a chance to change that last year, but Rex got us 2 meaningless wins which took us out of contention for a QB, and the Rex lovers used it as a way to show their loyalty.

The reality is nothing you say changes with Geno in there, except the maybe 1% chance that he actually can be a real QB. The reality is they went out and put a damn good team around the QB, without a QB, when you do that, you are essentially in QB hell. 

All we can really hope for is Petty becomes the guy, or we luck out and find one in the next draft. Geno is not good enough, and he will get his chance at some point, Fitz is fragile and not that good.

3-1 and he knows playbbok,  and he can read progressions, something Geno can not. Fitz may suck but Geno cant read a defense. Pick your poison.

Have you ******* watched him? His arm strength is worse than Pennington's post surgery. He goes through stretches where he can't complete a pass to save his life and he's gonna get Eric Decker killed when he floats one on a crossing route eventually. 

I'd rather see what a guy with a live arm can do with the receivers we have. 

Fitz is the reason the Dolphins were able to hang around as long as they did Sunday. If we just had a normal bad QB we would have scored 40+ on those jokers.

We had a chance to change that last year, but Rex got us 2 meaningless wins which took us out of contention for a QB, and the Rex lovers used it as a way to show their loyalty.

The reality is nothing you say changes with Geno in there, except the maybe 1% chance that he actually can be a real QB. The reality is they went out and put a damn good team around the QB, without a QB, when you do that, you are essentially in QB hell. 

All we can really hope for is Petty becomes the guy, or we luck out and find one in the next draft. Geno is not good enough, and he will get his chance at some point, Fitz is fragile and not that good.

The real question is can we make significant noise with this defense and Fitz playing QB?

You're asking me if I have inside tips but you can say with certainty that Geno can't read a playbook? LMFAOOOO I'm out you guys and this thread are jokes 

LOL, anyone watching Geno last few years knows he cant read progressions (playbook knowledge). Always bailed after primary covered. NM, I thought I was talking to someone who knew the game.. Take care and Go JETS!!!

******* shoot me. 

You've survived the Mark Sanchez era.  You can survive the one-year Fitzpatrick era.  Chill out homie.  We're 3-1, and kind of kicking some a$$ right now.  And I'm pretty sure this coaching staff and front office does not think we're "set" at QB.  Even I, one of the biggest Fitz supporters around right now, want us to have a new starting QB next season.  It's not an absolute requirement to have a top 5 pick to get one, either.

You've survived the Mark Sanchez era.  You can survive the one-year Fitzpatrick era.  Chill out homie.  We're 3-1, and kind of kicking some a$$ right now.  And I'm pretty sure this coaching staff and front office does not think we're "set" at QB. 

agree. Assume they are hoping for Petty in 2017 (4th rd pick 'somewhat' unusual w/a 2nd Rd QB in 3rd yr on roster), but if he doesnt progress in practices, we will go FA route or draft again, ugh.

You've survived the Mark Sanchez era.  You can survive the one-year Fitzpatrick era.  Chill out homie.  We're 3-1, and kind of kicking some a$$ right now.  And I'm pretty sure this coaching staff and front office does not think we're "set" at QB. 

These defenses of Fitzpatrick remind me of the cWo idiots insisting he was awesome despite the fact that anyone with a pair of eyes could see he was useless. 

I never wanted to go back yet somehow we are back. 

These defenses of Fitzpatrick remind me of the cWo idiots insisting he was awesome despite the fact that anyone with a pair of eyes could see he was useless. 

We could see Geno was useless last 2 years, great analogy

lol.  Never said he was awesome.  Just that he's better than Geno.  We were never winning a Super Bowl with either.  Yet here we are after 3 straight years of being a completely inept and non-competitive team, and we're sitting at 3-1 with a first-year head coach, + 40 in net points, and you're acting like it's the end of the world.   Chill out.

lol.  Never said he was awesome.  Just that he's better than Geno.  We were never winning a Super Bowl with either.  Yet here we are after 3 straight years of being a completely inept and non-competitive team, and we're sitting at 3-1 with a first-year head coach, + 40 in net points, and you're acting like it's the end of the world.   Chill out.

I disagree, I don't think he's any better than Geno. In fact, I think his glaring physical limitations make him a far greater liability. 

Its the end of the world because we know for a FACT that Fitz is not the guy and won't be the guy. 

If there is even just one-tenth of one percent of a chance that Geno might be the guy, Geno should be in there. 

the fact that y'all still trying to sell people on Fitz is harlarious too me .. 

As each week goes more and more jets fans come to there senses and realize how much a liability Fitz is on the field .. 

They don't even need stats at this point there seeing it with there's own eyes ..

I disagree, I don't think he's any better than Geno. In fact, I think his glaring physical limitations make him a far greater liability. 

Its the end of the world because we know for a FACT that Fitz is not the guy and won't be the guy. 

If there is even just one-tenth of one percent of a chance that Geno might be the guy, Geno should be in there. 

There's a 0 % chance Geno is the guy, and you should probably just root for the Jets to continue to win.  Because they're not making a change at QB unless that happens.  And I highly doubt you'll get much joy rooting for your favorite team to lose.

the fact that y'all still trying to sell people on Fitz is harlarious too me .. 

As each week goes more and more jets fans come to there senses and realize how much a liability Fitz is on the field .. 

They don't even need stats at this point there swing it with there's eyes ..

This thread convinces me we need to resurrect S.C.R.A.M. - The Society for the Continuing Resistance Against Mediocrity. 

Fitz represents our Penningtonesque mediocre past. 

This thread convinces me we need to resurrect S.C.R.A.M. - The Society for the Continuing Resistance Against Mediocrity. 

Fitz represents our Penningtonesque mediocre past. 

And Geno represents our Sanchez-esque laughing stock of the league past.  Was that more fun for you than the Pennington era?  Getting laughed at every week because our QB couldn't do anything right?  And it's not like we handed Fitz a long-term contract like we did both Sanchez and Pennington. 

We suck at getting QB's as a franchise.  Everyone understands this.  Maybe Macc and company can change that this offseason.  Until then I will enjoy the victories. 

And Geno represents our Sanchez-esque laughing stock of the league past.  Was that more fun for you than the Pennington era? 

We suck at getting QB's as a franchise.  Everyone understands this.  Maybe Macc and company can change that this offseason.  Until then I will enjoy the victories.

Obviously you've never made an omelet. 

That's what the Penningtonologists used to say. 

Do you really think we have a snowball's chance in hell of winning it all with Fitz? If the answer is 'no' then what the **** is he doing as our starter?

If things were to break the right way, it's not impossible. At least a fun playoff run. 

Do you really think we have a snowball's chance in hell of winning it all with Fitz? If the answer is 'no' then what the **** is he doing as our starter?

We never had a snowball's chance of winning it all before the season ever started, because our depth chart included Fitzpatrick, Geno Smith, and Bryce Petty.  Why are you acting like a petulant child right now?

If you want to direct your anger anywhere, it should be at Rex Ryan, Mike Tannenbaum, and John Idzik.  They left us with a mess that Macc and Bowles are doing their best to clean up.  I get it, its so much easier just to be pissed off at Fitzpatrick.  But that doesn't mean he deserves it.

If things were to break the right way, it's not impossible. At least a fun playoff run. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

If by some miracle we sneak into the postseason we are one and done. 

Not for nothing, if you're giving me a choice between Pennington and Sanchez, I'll take Sanchez cause at least we could make playoff runs. That is a no brainer my friend. 

Well the 1986 Giants won with defense Simms had 21 tds and 22 picks and then there was the 2000 Ravens but I agree it's as rare as Tom Shane making a positive post..:)

We never had a snowball's chance of winning it all before the season ever started, because our depth chart included Fitzpatrick, Geno Smith, and Bryce Petty.  Why are you acting like a petulant child right now?

Because this season was all about one thing. 

I said it in July and I'll say it now - I'd rather go 3-13 with Geno than 10-6 with Fitz. Long term, we'd be better off and you know it. 

Archived