fitz apologists

kmnj

not trying to create anything. you brought up the turnovers point to show how Geno having the #6 defense was a bad situation

you implied that I said geno is blameless when i said nothing of the sort. Pointing out the truth of different situations for perspective is all I was doing and nothing more.

Im not pro geno or pro fitz,Im simply looking at the situations as they are. 

I think we are a playoff team and I want the best qb at the helm. Im just not convinced one way or the other who is better. But,fitz is our qb as he should be right now.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im not convinced hes performng better than geno would be in this situation. Considering the fact he cost us the eagles game throwing 3 ints in fg range,only luck and jamesis winston have more turnovers and him being bottom 5 in almost all qb stats.

But again,switching to geno when we are 3-1 is idiotic and not something that we should do. Fitz is our qb for better or worse. 

This is exactly where I'm at.  I'm not convinced that Geno couldnt be 3-1 or better right now...but we could also be 0-4.  Who knows.  I dont think Fitz is doing anything special that Geno isnt capable of but I get where people would feel different.  What I do know is, you dont **** with it. This is Fitz team until something drastic changes ie; injury or just all of sudden is killing the team with his play. 

This is exactly where I'm at.  I'm not convinced that Geno couldnt be 3-1 or better right now...but we could also be 0-4.  Who knows.  I dont think Fitz is doing anything special that Geno isnt capable of but I get where people would feel different.  What I do know is, you dont **** with it. This is Fitz team until something drastic changes ie; injury or just all of sudden is killing the team with his play. 

So, so proud of you.

you implied that I said geno is blameless when i said nothing of the sort. Pointing out the truth of different situations for perspective is all I was doing and nothing more.

Im not pro geno or pro fitz,Im simply looking at the situations as they are. 

I think we are a playoff team and I want the best qb at the helm. Im just not convinced one way or the other who is better. But,fitz is our qb as he should be right now.

these semantics are tiresome. geno failed to deliver. case closed and good riddance. fans have more excuses than a pregnant nun trying to explain this away.

geno is physically capable of outperforming fitz in every aspect of the game. physically.

which really kind of brings it home if he can't beat out fitz with his prodigious physical advantage his head x-ray must look like:

http://www.godissues.org/wp-content/uploads/xray-of-homer-simpsons-tiny-brain.jpg

He's killing me with his play. 

geno is physically capable of outperforming fitz in every aspect of the game. physically.

which really kind of brings it home if he can't beat out fitz with his prodigious physical advantage his head x-ray must look like:

http://www.godissues.org/wp-content/uploads/xray-of-homer-simpsons-tiny-brain.jpg

so we are pretending that geno didnt beat out fitz and every camp report said he was outplaying fitz?  Geno lost his job to injury and circumstance,not because he couldnt beat out fitz. We having amnesia that geno wasnt named starter?

He was trying to use that stat to prove the Jets actually had a good defense last year. 

He was wrong. 

his statement was jets were #6 in those rankings. if you're proving anything it's that you're capable of a petty feud that no one else really understands or is participating in. good luck with that

so we are pretending that geno didnt beat out fitz and every camp report said he was outplaying fitz?  Geno lost his job to injury and circumstance,not because he couldnt beat out fitz. We having amnesia that geno wasnt named starter?

he's healthy. still holding clipboard to these tired eyes.

Let me please explain this to both you and jgb. Geno did not beat out Fitz nor did Fitz beat out Geno. 

Geno was the starter. There was no quarterback competition happening. Geno was taking 99% of the snaps with the first team. I.K. Enemkpali broke Geno's jaw, thus knocking him out of action for 6 weeks, making his backup, Ryan Fitzpatrick, the starter.

his statement was jets were #6 in those rankings. if you're proving anything it's that your capable of a petty feud that no one else really understands or is participating in. good luck with that

Feud? Maybe in your mind. But sincerely, please don't flatter yourself. 

I disagree with you. I don't dislike you. I simply have a different opinion. In fact, I quite like your old man. He's a good dude.

If you take that disagreement personally, that's on you. 

Your father was trying to disprove another posters argument that the Jets defense was no good by cherry picking a stat. Your characterization is inaccurate. 

Feud? Maybe in your mind. But sincerely, please don't flatter yourself. 

I disagree with you. I don't dislike you. I simply have a different opinion. In fact, I quite like your old man. He's a good dude.

If you take that disagreement personally, that's on you. 

Your father was trying to disprove another posters argument that the Jets defense was no good by cherry picking a stat. Your characterization is inaccurate. 

you seem to take it pretty personal. maybe feud is the wrong word. obsession could be more accurate.

Let me please explain this to both you and jgb. Geno did not beat out Fitz nor did Fitz beat out Geno. 

Geno was the starter. There was no quarterback competition happening. Geno was taking 99% of the snaps with the first team. I.K. Enemkpali broke Geno's jaw, thus knocking him out of action for 6 weeks, making his backup, Ryan Fitzpatrick, the starter.

how many games would hasslebeck have to win for the colts to bench luck when he gets healthy? yeah, that's right. geno won nothing. the question was up in the air despite his supreme physical advantage.

I agree Klecko Geno got hurt before the 1st preseason game who knows who would have emerged as the week one QB had Geno crapped the bed against other teams without wearing a red jersey?? Big difference when it's real and the QB isn't protected like he is playing his own team..

I agree Klecko Geno got hurt before the 1st preseason game who knows who would have emerged as the week one QB had Geno crapped the bed against other teams without wearing a red jersey?? Big difference when it's real and the QB isn't protected like he is playing his own team..

bottom line is we arent insde the locker room and theres a ton of variables. Just look at the odd qb decisions around the league,from hoyer being named starter to yanked after 1 game for mallett to manziel looking like he was going to be starter only to be benched again for mccown.

Personally I think geno would have been given to the bye and if he stunk and we were losing fitz was getting the call. The roles were basically reversed here,if we were 1-3 at the bye geno is probably starting next but we are 3-1 despite fitz poor play. Geno doesnt have the history to be handed back the job. Which is fair.

bottom line is we arent insde the locker room and theres a ton of variables. Just look at the odd qb decisions around the league,from hoyer being named starter to yanked after 1 game for mallett to manziel looking like he was going to be starter only to be benched again for mccown.

Personally I think geno would have been given to the bye and if he stunk and we were losing fitz was getting the call. The roles were basically reversed here,if we were 1-3 at the bye geno is probably starting next but we are 3-1 despite fitz poor play. Geno doesnt have the history to be handed back the job. Which is fair.

A point I have always said Geno doesn't have the past excellent play to say thank heavens we are getting our Number 1 guy back.. On other sites I visit many are for bringing Geno back after the bye..Here's a article about that..

No better time than now for Jets to bring in Geno Smith
BY DAN MOSHER OCTOBER 7, 2015

If you are reading this, I can assume that in some way you have a long and woeful history with our New York Jets. Our tumultuous team has been labeled for years as the comic relief of the NFL for things like the fake spike, the Butt-Fumble, and draft picks like Blair Thomas, Vernon Gholston, and most recently, Geno Smith.

Now today in 2015, you might feel an unfamiliar sense of security and hope; I know, it’s a strange feeling, but it’s only right with a team that’s 3-1 at the bye week, a defense living up to its pay grade and a calm stoic head coach with a sure-fire plan. However, face it, you’re a Jet fan, and safety isn’t really your shtick, so let’s explore something for a little bit. Now it may be a little scary, but we will get through it together, I promise.

I believe it is time to give the team back to Geno Smith.

Now, before you run in fear or boo me like its draft day at Radio City, just hear me out. There are plenty of reasons to start Geno when you really sit and think about it. First off, Smith was originally the man that the team and coaching staff were behind. Remember it was “his job to lose”, and really at no point in training camp did it seem he was slipping to current QB Ryan Fitzpatrick. In fact, Smith looked more promising than he ever had going into a season, picking up new OC Chan Gailey’s offense well and avoiding turnovers against a defense that now leads the league in creating them.

Smith looked like a completely different quarterback, and why shouldn’t he have? He was in his third year, the game was slowing down for him, and a steady offensive line and some real playmaking weapons finally surrounded him. His first two seasons were plagued by poor guard play and a lack of explosiveness in the offense, two problems that have seemingly been fixed.

Brandon Marshall said Smith was the main reason that he came to the Jets, citing his passion for the game and eagerness to learn; and now Marshall is exceeding all expectations on the field as well as opening up the door for Eric Decker to thrive as a true number two receiver. Marshall is on pace to have a career year with 30 catches for 400 yards and three touchdowns already; Chris Ivory is also trying to have his best season yet with 314 yards and 3 touchdowns in his three games played.

Now there is only so much theorizing we could do about how Smith and the team around him would have played in these first four games, so instead of looking at why we should start Smith, let us look at why we should not start Ryan Fitzpatrick. To me, there are two main reasons why Fitpatrick should go back to being Geno Smith’s mentor: one being his lack of mobility; and two, and most important, his complete inability to spread the field deep.

Smith offers a certain type of mobility that teams have to plan for, especially in Gailey’s spread system, which often leaves a lot of open room for quarterbacks to run. Fitzpatrick can scramble and make something happen, as he did in London against Miami, but he does not have the running ability Smith does. Geno’s athleticism adds another dimension to his game that should sway the decision in Smith’s favor.

However, the most important reason to bring in Smith is without a doubt the deep ball game. Fitzpatrick has been horrendous on deep passes, completing just 3 of 19 total throws of 21+ yards; play like that just isn’t sustainable once the Jets start facing some tougher opponents. Every team in the league knows that Fitzpatrick cannot throw the deep ball, so they are able to play in a 20-yard field on every play. With Smith in control, he can spread the field deep, which creates room for Chris Ivory to run, which in turn, creates more opportunity for Smith to air it out on the play action.

The deep passing game is essential if the Jets want to get anything out of their second round pick, Devin Smith; a huge deep threat at Ohio State where he led the nation in YPC. The Jets drafted Smith for his explosiveness but also with hopes that he could develop into an all-around receiver, unfortunately, because he missed most all of training camp with an injury that development will take some more time. However, with Fitzpatrick, Smith cannot be used as a deep threat, rendering him essentially useless at this point in the season with 15 targets, 5 receptions and 53 yards in his 2 games played.

Even without the glaring problems of his deep ball game, Fitzpatrick has struggled all around this season and especially in his last two performances when Pro Football Focus had him as the lowest rated quarterback. If you have been watching the games you can see these mistakes plainly, forcing the ball too often or completely missing wide-open receivers with badly thrown passes; those mistakes will be ones that solid teams will take advantage of down the stretch.

Now, I am not saying Geno Smith is a future hall of famer, just that he could have done the same or better with this roster and against these opponents, who have a combined record of 5-11. Also, Fitzpatrick has played a full, 16-game season only twice in his 10 year career (2011, 2012) so it seems that Smith is bound to start at some point this season, what better time to make the switch than at the bye week?

In 2012, people thought Jim Harbaugh might have made a mistake by benching Alex Smith in favor of Colin Kaepernick when the team was 8-2-1; but Harbaugh recognized whom the better talent was and made the move despite the record. The result was three straight wins, two more playoff wins, and just a 3-point Super Bowl loss to the Ravens.

Now maybe it is comparing apples and oranges; or maybe it is a helpful blueprint for the Jets to follow. Geno Smith has all the potential to make this team a dynamic playoff contender, and he deserves the chance to show it.

So, so proud of you.

Shut it.  I said, I think Geno could easily be 3-1 if not 4-0.  I'm just saying you dont fix what isnt broken.  Especially when your fix is kind of broken and your just hoping its better this time around.  haha

Solid example but I feel like this jaw structure is much stronger than Geno's. 

This john461167 poster seems a little creepily obsessed with me. Following me and leaving negative reputation on every single post I make.

He must be the one I called out for being racist for referring to geno as a ghetto child.

Is there a way to block him?

Don't feel bad. He is doing it to me too. 

Seems to be a lot of agenda-based repping going on in this thread. 

Shut it.  I said, I think Geno could easily be 3-1 if not 4-0.  I'm just saying you dont fix what isnt broken.  Especially when your fix is kind of broken and your just hoping its better this time around.  haha

No one knows what Geno in year 3 with the added weapons could do.. As Parcells always said you really don't know what kind a player you have until year 3.. I have a feeling that Geno may be playing before too long especially if Fitz keeps running..:)

how many games would hasslebeck have to win for the colts to bench luck when he gets healthy? yeah, that's right. geno won nothing. the question was up in the air despite his supreme physical advantage.

Oh I get it. Your trump card is to compare apples to snausages. The Colts situation and the Jets aren't close to being the same. 

You're really bad at debate. 

No one knows what Geno in year 3 with the added weapons could do.. As Parcells always said you really don't know what kind a player you have until year 3.. I have a feeling that Geno may be playing before too long especially if Fitz keeps running..:)

Agreed. I want to see it. I would find that far more interesting than watching Fitz do his significantly less accurate Chad Pennington impression every Sunday. 

History suggests we will see Geno at some point...but I dont think you do it now just because of what you think he could be. Not with where the Jets are at in the AFC and what they have on the schedule after the bye.  6-2 is a real, legitimate expectation assuming the season continues as it has begun.  Something has to happen to put him in at this point.  And what message does that send to the team?  "Hey guys, I know we're playing well and we're sitting at 3-1 but we're going to give Geno a shot right now and hope he's better than the worst QB in the league"...not a good way for Bowles to start his career if you ask me. 

Agreed. I want to see it. I would find that far more interesting than watching Fitz do his significantly less accurate Chad Pennington impression every Sunday. 

i could live with fitz if he was an actual game manager. But he turns the ball over at an alarming rate. Hes got a gunslinger mentality with the arm of boiled spaghetti. Seeing him throw that int to a double covered marshall and then try it 3-4 more times to a double covered marshall was bizzare. He makes rookie decisions. If he can take care of the ball we could make a run with him but for a guy who everyone claims is so smart he makes a lot of dumb throws.

History suggests we will see Geno at some point...but I dont think you do it now just because of what you think he could be. Not with where the Jets are at in the AFC and what they have on the schedule after the bye.  6-2 is a real, legitimate expectation assuming the season continues as it has begun..  Something has to happen to put him in at this point.  And what message does that send to the team?  "Hey guys, I know we're playing well and we're sitting at 3-1 but we're going to give Geno a shot right now and hope he's better than the worst QB in the league"...not a good way for Bowles to start his career if you ask me. 

if bowles made the decision to switch to geno and we started losing he would be given the idzik treatment. Maybe you could get away with taking that risk in a smaller market,but in a rabid media town in new york? Ha! Bowles is making the correct decision.

History suggests we will see Geno at some point...but I dont think you do it now just because of what you think he could be. Not with where the Jets are at in the AFC and what they have on the schedule after the bye.  6-2 is a real, legitimate expectation assuming the season continues as it has begun.  Something has to happen to put him in at this point.  And what message does that send to the team?  "Hey guys, I know we're playing well and we're sitting at 3-1 but we're going to give Geno a shot right now and hope he's better than the worst QB in the league"...not a good way for Bowles to start his career if you ask me. 

The biggest problem Bowles has is the Team really likes Fitz.. Not many players are wearing Geno-magic shirts.. Gee-NO KO maybe..;)

Archived