fitz apologists

kmnj

Shut it.  I said, I think Geno could easily be 3-1 if not 4-0.  I'm just saying you dont fix what isnt broken.  Especially when your fix is kind of broken and your just hoping its better this time around.  haha

I know.  But a lot of what you're saying now isn't all that different from what I've been saying all along.  And for that my heart swells with pride. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was mean. 

Sorry? 

I know.  But a lot of what you're saying now isn't all that different from what I've been saying all along.  And for that my heart swells with pride. 

Gross.  I might flip flop strictly for your misery. 

Oh I get it. Your trump card is to compare apples to snausages. The Colts situation and the Jets aren't close to being the same. 

You're really bad at debate. 

It's ok, you can always feel you're winning when no one else is even bothered to figure out what you're crying about.

History suggests we will see Geno at some point...but I dont think you do it now just because of what you think he could be. Not with where the Jets are at in the AFC and what they have on the schedule after the bye.  6-2 is a real, legitimate expectation assuming the season continues as it has begun.  Something has to happen to put him in at this point.  And what message does that send to the team?  "Hey guys, I know we're playing well and we're sitting at 3-1 but we're going to give Geno a shot right now and hope he's better than the worst QB in the league"...not a good way for Bowles to start his career if you ask me. 

It's funny, on yahoo fantasy football website Geno is projected to start getting points in week 12. hope they aren't jinxing us!

Thank you for this post. 

Why is it all Geno detractors use the past two seasons as a steadfast predictor as to how he would play in this years offense. Everyone assumes Geno will continue to struggle and throw picks despite the fact he progressed toward the end of last season. In addition the overall offense this season is significantly improved ( Better offensive HC, better OC, two pure wideouts(Decker/Marshall) better play from the Oline , a philosophy that puts players in position to succeed.)

On the flipside no Geno detractor factors in Fitz's 11 years of failure and mediocrity  where he's had many pick 6's , poorly timed int's , and back breaking turnovers. They all point to how this years int's are only on long balls - like punts and excuse his overall lack of W/L record to the poor teams he played on.

Why is it that a journeyman with a lame arm who's never won more than 6 games in a season is given the benefit of the doubt that he'll turn into an efficient turnover less game winner. But a young QB who never had proper development from the coaching staff is doomed to fail based on just two seasons where he probably shouldn't have even been starting and was given a less than adequate surrounding cast.

I know much of it is rooted in the emotional aspects and stereotypes fans attribute to Geno ( he's dumb, immature, cocky etc..) but those shouldn't be the driving factors behind clear and prudent football decisions. I trust that our new braintrust will make the right decision when necessary regardless of the so called perception of the media/fanbase.

On the flipside no Geno detractor factors in Fitz's 11 years of failure and mediocrity  where he's had many pick 6's , poorly timed int's , and back breaking turnovers. They all point to how this years int's are only on long balls - like punts and excuse his overall lack of W/L record to the poor teams he played on.

Your argument would be aided greatly if Fitz had any pick 6's, any backbreaking turnovers, or more than 1 or 2 (tops) poorly timed int's - after four games started at QB going 3-1.  

So what's your problem?

i could live with fitz if he was an actual game manager. But he turns the ball over at an alarming rate. Hes got a gunslinger mentality with the arm of boiled spaghetti. Seeing him throw that int to a double covered marshall and then try it 3-4 more times to a double covered marshall was bizzare. He makes rookie decisions. If he can take care of the ball we could make a run with him but for a guy who everyone claims is so smart he makes a lot of dumb throws.

Arm strength I agree with. As to forcing the ball to Marshall, welcome to the world of having a truly elite receiver. Do you realize how many times Stafford does that to CJ? Romo to Dez? Marshall's a grown man receiver that makes big plays. Sometimes you take those chances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your argument would be aided greatly if Fitz had any pick 6's, any backbreaking turnovers, or more than 1 or 2 (tops) poorly timed int's - after four games started at QB going 3-1.  

So what's your problem?

Likewise Geno has none ,since we're using ridiculous sample sizes. 

Not a problem yet like I stated in my post. In a perfect world there would never be a problem , but unfortunately I believe at some point this season our brain trust will need to make a decision that may not be very popular with the Fitz aligned, Petty in waiting fan base. 

We could be 14-1 and if we lose in week 17 there will be calls to bench fitz

Complete and utter nonsense, don;t know one insane Jet who wouldn't be over the moon happy at 14-1.

On the flipside, if Geno started , one incomplete pass would have the fanbase with the pitchforks ready ala Sanchez/Tebow.

Complete and utter nonsense, don;t know one insane Jet who wouldn't be over the moon happy at 14-1.

On the flipside, if Geno started , one incomplete pass would have the fanbase with the pitchforks ready ala Sanchez/Tebow.

calling for a change at 3-1 is pretty close to being just as ridiculous

Bad example since Tebow and to a lesser extent Mark Sanchez were indeed terrible,

Was the crowd wrong to think so?

It's funny, on yahoo fantasy football website Geno is projected to start getting points in week 12. hope they aren't jinxing us!

The fix is in. They just didn't realize they were giving away the ending we weren't supposed to know about yet. Like when someone inadvertently tells you who dies in a movie you haven't seen. 

You should now consider yourself duly prepared.

Likewise Geno has none ,since we're using ridiculous sample sizes. 

Not a problem yet like I stated in my post. In a perfect world there would never be a problem , but unfortunately I believe at some point this season our brain trust will need to make a decision that may not be very popular with the Fitz aligned, Petty in waiting fan base. 

It can't be more earth shaking then when Jim Harbaugh replaced 6 and 2 Alex Smith with Kapernick in 2012??

you implied that I said geno is blameless when i said nothing of the sort. Pointing out the truth of different situations for perspective is all I was doing and nothing more.

Im not pro geno or pro fitz,Im simply looking at the situations as they are. 

I think we are a playoff team and I want the best qb at the helm. Im just not convinced one way or the other who is better. But,fitz is our qb as he should be right now.

I will tell you to put you at ease. Geno is bad. His brain cant function like a real NFL QB when it comes to reading progressions (Decker said in Pressers 2 of his TDs this year, he was 3rd read by Fitz on the route tree). geno has to have his primary open or a clear lane for him to scramble. Other than that, its a bad play for Jets usually. Dont get me wrong, Fitz is no savior or great QB, but at least he can go through a route tree without bailing after Primary covered.

Now you're just being ridiculous.... Fitz is incapable of going 14-1. 

probably right but Geno 'what are Progression reads' Smith is just plain incapable.

The faces on our #6 2014 Defense showed that last year as they continually had to get up off bench after 1 minute rest after yet another 3 and out by 'the one and only'. No wonder the #6 D broke down near end of game last year so much, they were gassed, never got much rest.

Fitz no Unitas, but at least he does some basic QB101 stuff, like read progressions and step up into pocket w/pressure, not turn around towards his own endzone and put us out of FG range inumerable times, LOL

probably right but Geno 'what are Progression reads' Smith is just plain incapable.

The faces on our #6 2014 Defense showed that last year as they continually had to get up off bench after 1 minute rest after yet another 3 and out by 'the one and only'. No wonder the #6 D broke down near end of game last year so much, they were gassed, never got much rest.

Fitz no Unitas, but at least he does some basic QB101 stuff, like read progressions and step up into pocket w/pressure, not turn around towards his own endzone and put us out of FG range inumerable times, LOL

For all seniles out there,geno has not worked with a real OC yet. Marty M was awful. Fitzy has suked everywhere he has been. Jets at some point will have to make switch, they are not beating Patsies with Harvard yard at helm, Bellie does not have to coach real hard to come up with a gameplan to beat a stiffy who should be holding a clippy.

For all seniles out there,geno has not worked with a real OC yet. Marty M was awful. Fitzy has suked everywhere he has been. Jets at some point will have to make switch, they are not beating Patsies with Harvard yard at helm, Bellie does not have to coach real hard to come up with a gameplan to beat a stiffy who should be holding a clippy.

Cutting analysis.:rolleyes:

Yeah and Belichick won't be able to confuse the Hell out of Dumbo Smith

That #6 defense thing was a mirage, as anyone who wanted to run Rex out of town last year (or earlier) will tell you. The offense was so anemic that opposing offenses didn't need to challenge the Jets' dee. They were stout against the run, but that didn't stop teams from running the football anyway because it was more important to them to run the clock than gain yards. And has been pointed out, they were historically bad in both of Geno's starting seasons when it came to creating turnovers. 

Fitz is enjoying a dramatically better defense than Geno ever had as well as a true #1 WR. It's popular to dismiss the importance of weapons on the offensive side of the ball here, but when Fitz was missing Decker and Ivory his performance was just bad. 

To be fair Geno has actually played well against the patriots.  His stats facing the pats are decent if you don't count his first game facing them which was his 2nd career start.

Geno's completion to Decker on the out route with Revis covering him was the best throw I've ever seen him make.

That #6 defense thing was a mirage, as anyone who wanted to run Rex out of town last year (or earlier) will tell you. The offense was so anemic that opposing offenses didn't need to challenge the Jets' dee. They were stout against the run, but that didn't stop teams from running the football anyway because it was more important to them to run the clock than gain yards. And has been pointed out, they were historically bad in both of Geno's starting seasons when it came to creating turnovers. 

Fitz is enjoying a dramatically better defense than Geno ever had as well as a true #1 WR. It's popular to dismiss the importance of weapons on the offensive side of the ball here, but when Fitz was missing Decker and Ivory his performance was just bad. 

even without decker and ivory this years offense is way more talented than last years group. There was times last year when kerley was our #1 WR

To be fair Geno has actually played well against the patriots.  His stats facing the pats are decent if you don't count his first game facing them which was his 2nd career start.

Geno's completion to Decker on the out route with Revis covering him was the best throw I've ever seen him make.

you cant not count things to support your point lol. Not counting fitzs INTs he is league MVP

even without decker and ivory this years offense is way more talented than last years group. There was times last year when kerley was our #1 WR

Not really an accurate statement when we only have two different starters outside of qb and we lost by far our best Tight End.

Archived