fitz apologists

kmnj

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WE heard that last year as well, it didn't improve his play on the field. Look the problem is we need an upgrade at QB period. Geno is not the solution neither is Fitz.

we heard that last year but last year he didn't have the weapons he would have this year.

I just cant understand how anybody can look at Fitz and think he is anything more than I a jag-I told you before the season he was awful and has no arm- I was at the game today like almost every game the past 35 years and he proved without a doubt he is not a NFL starter if you want to go anywhere-make no mistake Gailey knew this and knows him best that is why Geno was given the job early in camp. All of his previous teams that cut him knew this and now he is just older. Those dink and dunks for no yards were terrible. The missing of an open wr for a sure td that would have won the game(punted instead run back for a td) The turnovers terrible. 

Bmarsh loves geno and will bring the best out of Geno-when the jets got harvin last year and decker was healthy Geno looked decent which is way way better than fitz-I would rather go down fighting and trying to use our weapons then playing ultra conservative with a guy that cant throw a ball over 25 yards

The "fitz guys" also loved our last gm and were glad to see revis and cro leave....

We will not  see the playoffs with Fitz-go to Geno-if he fails start the Petty era go from there

Does that mean you are a Geno apologist?

You werent discussing anything.  Never have, you just keep repeating that Geno sucks.  Thats not a discussion.

he does suck, and it's a fact that needs repeating after all the reactionary nonsense following our loss yesterday. 

Contrary to popular belief

1. Geno doesn't have 'tools' and can't make plays. His deep ball strength is a myth

2. Geno doesn't have any upside, but his downside is worse than whatever we get from fitz

3. I'm not interested in seeing the jets lose games just for the sake of evaluating a QB who has proven how sh*tty he is over 2 full seasons and 34 starts

I don't get the love for Geno he had two years and was a far below average NFL QB. It's a sad state of affairs when fans think Geno can be a savior.

No one is calling Geno the savior, not a single person.

Fitz's skill set is too limited to be effective over the course of a season as an NFL QB.  Geno has the tools.  Yes, to date he hasn't been able to turn those skills into an effective starting NFL QB either.  

But Fitz gives you NO chance, why not go with the guy that gives you a slight chance.

Yes, what a glorious pre-pre-season Geno had. Epic.

All of which has what to do that he was outplaying your guy?

You know, because being assaulted and losing your job to injury proves what exactly on the field?

Sorry, call me confused but how is it better that Fitz was being outplayed by a guy who in your mind sucks.  How does that help the argument?

he does suck, and it's a fact that needs repeating after all the reactionary nonsense following our loss yesterday. 

Contrary to popular belief

1. Geno doesn't have 'tools' and can't make plays. His deep ball strength is a myth

2. Geno doesn't have any upside, but his downside is worse than whatever we get from fitz

3. I'm not interested in seeing the jets lose games just for the sake of evaluating a QB who has proven how sh*tty he is over 2 full seasons and 34 starts

OK, right.

Fitz's skill set is too limited to be effective over the course of a season as an NFL QB.  Geno has the tools.  Yes, to date he hasn't been able to turn those skills into an effective starting NFL QB either.  

But Fitz gives you NO chance, why not go with the guy that gives you a slight chance.

Fitz was bad yesterday! But I think he has more of a chance to be a game manager than Geno. Your right his physical tools hurt him and limit the chances for him to bring us back from behind but Geno is not an improvement.

Fitz is limited, I agree ...but I'd love to know more about these TOOLS that I keep hearing about, re; Geno. 

You know, because being assaulted and losing your job to injury proves what exactly on the field?

I think Geno's arm is much better then Fitz's but he wasn't a innocent victim in the assault.:rolleyes:. I'm sure if Fitz craps the bed in London after the bye Geno may get his shot..

First of all, Fitz is "my guy" until he's a dumpster fire that shakes the franchise to its core.

Geno was once my guy too. And turning to that dumpster fire is a step back to Idzik. Period. 

Secondly, 2-1 is 2-1. It's time to reload and fire to 3-1. 

I fully expect Genophiles will mumble that we should be 4-0, had their "guy" been not socked in the face for being dooshy.

I think Geno's arm is much better then Fitz's but he wasn't a innocent victim in the assault.:rolleyes:. I'm sure if Fitz craps the bed in London after the bye Geno may get his shot..

You need to get a grasp of what an assault is.  There aren't any he was assaulted but cases on the books.  
No one deserves to get assaulted, no matter how many times you say it or putting a smiley face on the comment. 

None of which has a thing to do with my post that Geno was outplaying Fitz in camp.  And that the assault and injury is the only reason that Fitz is playing,

You need to get a grasp of what an assault is.  There aren't any he was assaulted but cases on the books.  
No one deserves to get assaulted, no matter how many times you say it or putting a smiley face on the comment. 

None of which has a thing to do with my post that Geno was outplaying Fitz in camp.  And that the assault and injury is the only reason that Fitz is playing,

I know what assault is and I know what a fight is between 2 idiots in a locker room is also.. Geno's tools both arm and legs are better then Fitz, had his brain been better he would have started the season without a broken jaw.. 

OK, right.

every point I have made about geno is based on things we have actually seen from him over 34 games. there is some substance to that argument. 

Everything we hear from geno apologists is based on nothing but conjecture; "he might be better than fitz", "he might do well with these new receivers". Even though everything we have seen from him in 34 games suggests otherwise. Not to mention the constant 'deep ball' tools nonsense and his domination of meaningless 5x5 gym shorts scrimmages in training camp. 

First of all, Fitz is "my guy" until he's a dumpster fire that shakes the franchise to its core.

Geno was once my guy too. And turning to that dumpster fire is a step back to Idzik. Period. 

Secondly, 2-1 is 2-1. It's time to reload and fire to 3-1. 

I fully expect Genophiles will mumble that we should be 4-0, had their "guy" been not socked in the face for being dooshy.

Its not what our record is or would have been. We've seen what happens when D's stack the box and force Fitz to beat them in the air, in addition as the weather gets colder and the winds pick up at the Meadowlands , Fitz's long throws will look like hot air balloons.

Geno may not make a difference but at least he can run and more importantly he can stretch the field.

I know what assault is and I know what a fight is between 2 idiots in a locker room is also.. Geno's tools both arm and legs are better then Fitz, had his brain been better he would have started the season without a broken jaw.. 

Because that story fits your argument.  But you have no idea that Geno was at fault.

And again has nothing to do with what i was discussing.  Its another of your tangent arguments.  

and what did you see in geno in the 34 games he played? 

not a lot but he wasn't ready to play as a rookie and was forced into action by the GM and he hasn't had half the talent we have now around him.  I'd like to see what he can do in this offense w/ these weapons.

Geno may not make a difference but at least he can run and more importantly he can stretch the field.

1. Defenses will play geno the same way they play Fitz. This offense is built around ivory. 

2. Stretch the field? Ever looked at his completion rate on passes over 20 yards? He is a pathetic deep ball thrower: http://forums.jetnation.com/topic/123432-fitz-playing-like-crap/?do=findComment&comment=2872595

Geno is not an improvement on fitz in any way. 

Run blocking, missed tackles, Brandon Marshall and punt team lost the game yesterday, not Fitz...End of story

Did you actually watch the game? He was just as responsible for that sh*t-show yesterday as anyone else. He's like a hayseed Chad Pennington without the charm or personality.

Fitz gives you no chance at having a big season - Dignified Defeat is what you get with Fitz.

It's time for Geno.

Well I guess we agree to disagree on this for now.

Geno showed me all I needed to see when he skipped the Saturday team meeting in San Diego last year.

He isn't and will never be the answer IMHO.

Fitz holds the fort this year and maybe we see where Petty is at for 2016.

lol you should look up "assault" yourself.

Archived