fitz apologists

kmnj

every point I have made about geno is based on things we have actually seen from him over 34 games. there is some substance to that argument. 

Everything we hear from geno apologists is based on nothing but conjecture; "he might be better than fitz", "he might do well with these new receivers". Even though everything we have seen from him in 34 games suggests otherwise. Not to mention the constant 'deep ball' tools nonsense and his domination of meaningless 5x5 gym shorts scrimmages in training camp. 

Geno was the qb during an 8-8 season with an atrocious offense compliments of Idzik. 

The 2 seasons Fitz was able to play 16 games he was 12-20.  That's not "conjecture".

I don't think anyone is saying Fitzpatrick is awful..  he's fine.  He's just not the type of QB that is capable of overcoming big deficits.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because that story fits your argument.  But you have no idea that Geno was at fault.

And again has nothing to do with what i was discussing.  Its another of your tangent arguments.  

If your saying Geno played no part at all with him getting clocked you must have been there even Bowles said they were both to blame..

I love how Fitz has been terrible for the past 12 years outside of a trestman/mccown like flashy 10 game streak in 2009 or whatever, yet people here continue to act like "well at least he isn't throwing pick 6s like Geno"... Lol... the f*ck? That's ALL Fitz does. 

He was brought in to stop the bleeding when or if Geno face planted. There was no expectations about Fitz and playoffs, leading the team, etc etc. This was Geno's team going into 2015. Fitz was the respectable journeyman brought in to hold the fort down if things fell apart...

And some of you are now defending Fitz? Like he should stay the starter for 16 games??? Are you kidding me?

You don't think the whole locker room knows Fitz is a back up? 

The original plan was that Geno would've been the starter, and would've had until the bye week to demonstrate that he deserved the job, or they would use a that week to get Fitzpatrick ready. Now the roles are reversed. Fitz gets the start next week in London, but if his physical limitations are again a culprit in a loss to the fish, that bye week might be used to hand Geno the keys to the Porche. 

I would be ok with this plan, but to me this should be the plan regardless of outcome next week, in the first 3 games Fitz has demonstrated his style of QB play will not beat the likes of Tom Brady, or the Bills, one where you will have to keep up on the scoreboard with the Pats, and another where you will have to beat the D in 1 on 1 coverage with pressure coming at you.  To me it's over for Fitz, and your stated plan is probably the best way to work Geno back in as the starter of this team.

1. Defenses will play geno the same way they play Fitz. This offense is built around ivory. 

2. Stretch the field? Ever looked at his completion rate on passes over 20 yards? He is a pathetic deep ball thrower: http://forums.jetnation.com/topic/123432-fitz-playing-like-crap/?do=findComment&comment=2872595

Geno is not an improvement on fitz in any way. 

TBH I don't really care about completion % . We need a QB that can force the DB's to run and cover as opposed to creeping into the box.  Geno can throw deep , he has a much stronger arm than Fitzy.

nobody was complaining about fitz after the first two games.  the problem was they spotted phily 24 points and had to throw most every play starting in the 2nd quarter.  fitz isn't a good deep ball thrower and really missed decker, but still, the plan to win with fitz isn't having him sling it around like farve.  sure he had some bad throws, but the eagles knew he had to throw them.  there's enough blame to go around for this loss, from marshall to special teams to demario davis (how bad does he suck?) to the offensive line.  

nobody was complaining about fitz after the first two games.  

Excuse me? Do you have the memory of a Goldfish? We duked it out last week cause I TOLD you this was going to happen. In fact, there was a few people saying how terrible Fitz looked vs IND and we were lucky they were playing street-scrubs at Corner.

Why is so hard to admit that fitz played like fitz --- aka Journeyman backup who can't hold a starting job. This place almost as bad as CLE thinking McCown is a starting caliber QB.

I love how Fitz has been terrible for the past 12 years outside of a trestman/mccown like flashy 10 game streak in 2009 or whatever, yet people here continue to act like "well at least he isn't throwing pick 6s like Geno"... Lol... the f*ck? That's ALL Fitz does. 

He was brought in to stop the bleeding when or if Geno face planted. There was no expectations about Fitz and playoffs, leading the team, etc etc. This was Geno's team going into 2015. Fitz was the respectable journeyman brought in to hold the fort down if things fell apart...

And some of you are now defending Fitz? Like he should stay the starter for 16 games??? Are you kidding me?

You don't think the whole locker room knows Fitz is a back up? 

You don't think the whole locker room knows Geno is a back up as well?  The Jets do not have a Qb on their team including petty that will get us to be real contenders.  Fitzpatrick is who we thought he was to use Denny's famous words, even those who are supporters of him know that.  If your team plays well on defense and specials he can win some games for you.  If not he won't.  Geno on the other hand is just a lunk head though he has way more tools.  No worries we will see him sooner or later this year.

Excuse me? Do you have the memory of a Goldfish? We duked out last week cause I TOLD you this was going to happen. In fact, there was a few people saying how terrible Fitz looked vs IND and we were lucky they were playing street-scrubs at Corner.

Why is so hard to admit that fitz played like fitz --- aka Journeyman backup who can't hold a starting job. This place almost as bad as CLE thinking McCown is a starting caliber QB.

When Paradis speaks even EF Hutton listens..Especially about Tight Ends..:)

You don't think the whole locker room knows Geno is a back up as well?  

I'd argue that. I don;t think there's many who view him as a "leader", but I would wager there's more than a few - especially those playing WR - who want "the kid" as they say to get a shot - so they (the receivers) can make a play on the ball that doesn't include defending the interception. 

nobody was complaining about fitz after the first two games.

Some of us were.  Again, not saying he sucks.  He's a good backup.  This loss doesn't really make Fitz any worse than weeks 1 and 2.  He still was missing open WRs and throwing week wobblers at points.  This week the D and special teams couldn't make up for Fitz's faults.  Missing Decker and Ivory didn't help either.  If Decker and/or Ivory is back next week (probably even if not), I'd expect a win in London regardless of whether Fitz or Geno is the QB.  

Just hope Bowles and Co. won't just see the W and figure things are good at QB.

If your saying Geno played no part at all with him getting clocked you must have been there even Bowles said they were both to blame..

You always conveniently leave the part where Bowles said no one has a right to put his hands on another man.  That it was inexcusable.

They were both to blame as in it could have been avoided.  The next logical step isnt they're equally responsible for the punch.  

Once again on a tangent taking away from the point.  Why?  Who knows

And out of the blue with no reason at all IK said to himself I think I'll go smack Geno..:rolleyes:

wtf does this bit of nonsense mean?  Do you not understan the meaning or do you not get that you arent allowed to assault someone even if youre pissed off?  There are other remedies that apparently are hard to grasp here

Go outside, assault someone and then explain to authorities your were justified because you were pissed.  Or you think the victim owed you money. See how that works out for you.  When you do, put on a smiley face too, helps

wtf does this bit of nonsense mean?  Do you not understan the meaning or do you not get that you arent allowed to assault someone even if youre pissed off?  There are other remedies that apparently are hard to grasp here

Go outside, assault someone and then explain to authorities your were justified because you were pissed.  Or you think the victim owed you money. See how that works out for you.  When you do, put on a smiley face too, helps

And he lost his job immediately.  What is YOUR point?

Before people go off knocking "fitz apologists" Let's be clear of what they are apologizing for. Fitz was claimed to be "THE WORST QB EVER TO PUT ON A JETS UNIFORM. Because of the incapability of Jets fans to be anywhere in the middle on an issue. He's not great and he 's not horrible. He's somewhere in the middle

The point your missing is the people involved.. Could this happen between me and you?? No because if I owed you money it would have been paid on the spot and I know you would have done the same.. Your using common sense rules and it applying it to 2 players with a thug mentality.. IK was known to be a hot head thug and Geno was a lightweight thug used to pushing around 72 year old coaches on the field and thought he could out thug IK.. He was wrong..

And he lost his job immediately.  What is YOUR point?

That all of this has absolutely nothing with anyone saying Fitz was outplayed by Geno up until he lost his job from the punch.

Its not all that hard to follow except that someone decided it was time to blame Geno for getting punched.  Because somehow that changes the point that Geno was outplaying Fitz. 

Thats my point, yours? 

nobody was complaining about fitz after the first two games.  the problem was they spotted phily 24 points and had to throw most every play starting in the 2nd quarter.  fitz isn't a good deep ball thrower and really missed decker, but still, the plan to win with fitz isn't having him sling it around like farve.  sure he had some bad throws, but the eagles knew he had to throw them.  there's enough blame to go around for this loss, from marshall to special teams to demario davis (how bad does he suck?) to the offensive line.  

He played good enough in the first two games because his defense forced 10 turnovers. As far as yesterday goes, absolutely lots of blame to go around. Defense was horrid against the run in the 1st half and tbh the only reason we were in the game was because Philly had two horrible drops. Marshall's lateral was stupid and I feel we got screwed on a few bad penalty calls ( esp the personal foul call) . But still given all that , the Jets had they're chances, and we saw firsthand what our QB and offense looks like when trailing in games , and to be quite honest its ugly.  Fitz is serviceable when the run game clicks and the D is handing him favorable field position which is what happened in game 1 & 2. Those making excuses for Fitz are ignoring games 1 & 2 and ignoring his obvious limitations.

As in "assault is the act of creating apprehension of an imminent harmful or offensive contact with a person."?????

LOL???

yes, exactly. funny that you are maligning someone for not understanding the definition when neither do you.

That all of this has absolutely nothing with anyone saying Fitz was outplayed by Geno up until he lost his job from the punch.

Its not all that hard to follow except that someone decided it was time to blame Geno for getting punched.  Because somehow that changes the point that Geno was outplaying Fitz. 

Thats my point, yours? 

Nobody except maybe you were saying the Geno was outplaying Fitz either at that time.  Fitz was still coming off an injury and it made sense to have Geno open TC the presumptive starter which is what happened.  Somebody has to get reps wioth the #1s and they made that decision with a little help from the injury rehab.  We had not payed a single preseason game nor had we even scrimmaged when that punch happened.  To assert as a proven fact then Geno was playing great and clearly outplaying Fitz is a totally BS assertion given where we were at in TC.

Archived