Who's second to Brady in AFC East?

AFJF

Favre didn't tell the team the extent of the injury if I recall.  Clemens was already ruined by that time.  Mangini and sutton deserve a huge part of the blame for that season tanking because they lost their nerve on defense and suddenly we became a 3 man rush zone team.

As an aside, Clemens 5/6, 63 yards and a td last week.  I'm glad he carved out a long term existence as a back up.  He never really had a chance with us, Adrien Clarke and Anthony Clement on the oline, our #1 Wr Justin Mcraphands.

Mangini had no role in ruining Clemens?

Favre made his career as the iron man playing through anything, his injury was an excuse.  he always made excuses when he failed just like when his agent tweeted out photos of his leg post NO choke in the '09 title game when he threw away Minny's chances at a SB just as he did Gb in '07 and us in '08.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Favre had us nowhere, he struggled most of that season and allowed inferior teams to either beat us or almost beat us then he tanked the last month.

He was GREAT in Minny for 2 reasons- a)he wanted to be there and cared and b)he was back in his old system.

Interesting how w/ my hero we made a title game and w/ the great Favre we couldn't make the playoffs w/ weaker sched and no Brady?

15-22  2tds

30-42 3tds

24-34 6 tds

25-33 1 td

28-40 2 tds

14-19 1 td

26-33 tds to beat new england in new england

25-32 ith 2 tds to beat previously unbeaten tennessee in tennessee

His 1st 11 games he was only under 60% once.

You seem to have some preconceived notions of not liking a player or liking another player and totally ignoring all relevant evidence in the process.

Mangini was no great HC but if you look at the talent evaluations and acquisitions his time here is sharply contrasted to what came later. He may have been the force pushing Tannenbaum not to be a complete idiot and checking the terrible recommendations frequently produced by the scouting department. Many average or better HCs might have done the same thing. It doesn't mean Mangini was a great HC or great talent evaluator, just better than the trash doing the work at the time.

15-22  2tds

30-42 3tds

24-34 6 tds

25-33 1 td

28-40 2 tds

14-19 1 td

26-33 tds to beat new england in new england

25-32 ith 2 tds to beat previously unbeaten tennessee in tennessee

His 1st 11 games he was only under 60% once.

You seem to have some preconceived notions of not liking a player or liking another player and totally ignoring all relevant evidence in the process.

he was outdueled in games that year by Ryan Fitzpatrick, Jamarcus Russell, Tyler Thigpen, Matt cassell, Jay Cutler, JP Losman, Shaun Hill & Seneca Wallace

I notice you post Tds but not when the Tds happened and no INts, why is that?

Mangini was no great HC but if you look at the talent evaluations and acquisitions his time here is sharply contrasted to what came later. He may have been the force pushing Tannenbaum not to be a complete idiot and checking the terrible recommendations frequently produced by the scouting department. Many average or better HCs might have done the same thing. It doesn't mean Mangini was a great HC or great talent evaluator, just better than the trash doing the work at the time.

folks around the league know who is doing what, if he was really the man in charge putting those title game teams together why isn't he working in someone's front office?

folks around the league know who is doing what, if he was really the man in charge putting those title game teams together why isn't he working in someone's front office?

We could speculate on reasons why he is or isn't but I don't have any personal knowledge of the extent of his involvement. What I do know is that our talent acquisition as a whole became worse after his departure. Res ipsa loquitur.

We could speculate on reasons why he is or isn't but I don't have any personal knowledge of the extent of his involvement. What I do know is that our talent acquisition as a whole became worse after his departure. Res ipsa loquitur.

sometimes you hit, sometimes you don't. 

I know, but it's a tough spot to be in.  If you have Tannehill, and you look at what the Jets have had for the past decade, you pull the trigger to avoid being in the abyss for the next ten years.  So damn hard to find  a QB it's ridiculous.

by doing so you set the franchise back. Monetarily and ideologically. Money wise you can't afford to dump more money into a QB if the chance arises, and of course after you dump a ton of money into a QB; you spend years trying to make it work regardless of results.

it's Tyrod Taylor. 

but people neglect to mention is that he had a full 3 years of sitting and learning.  I highly doubt he'd be lighting the world on fire had he been thrust into action on day 1 ala Geno. 

I'm hoping Petty gets a full 2 years as an understudy before we try and get him out there.

Mangini the greatest evaluator of talent ever took a pass on Flacco for Gholston.  Now he looks like a genius in San Francisco.

Meh, 2 picks after we took Gholston, Baltimore also passed on the opportunity to draft Flacco.

No one was as high on Flacco as Baltimore, and even they wouldn't touch him with the 8th pick. The idea that anyone would have imagined taking him at #6 is hindsight nonsense. As it ended up, getting taken at #18, he still went higher than expected before the draft.

That's a garbage argument. If talent acquisition was a matter of throwing darts at a board then teams would not waste money on scouting teams.

You could apply that same logic to anything in football. Sometimes the QB hits the receiver, sometimes he doesn't.

That is a bad analogy.

Sometimes it is throwing darts at a board.  If it wasn't, Brady would not have been the 6th QB drafted and pick 199.

Team's spend money on their scouting department to try to avoid drafting Giovanni Carmazzi instead of Tom Brady or Alex Smith instead of Aaron Rodgers.

QBs might take risks and force the ball is picked.  Same with picks. 

That's a garbage argument. If talent acquisition was a matter of throwing darts at a board then teams would not waste money on scouting teams.

You could apply that same logic to anything in football. Sometimes the QB hits the receiver, sometimes he doesn't.

the best teams at scouting still miss on players, until Gronk and co how many years in a row did NE fail in the draft?  even the best it is still somewhat of a crapshoot which is whyw e see busts every year and late round/UDFAs turn into good players.

it's Tyrod Taylor. 

but people neglect to mention is that he had a full 3 years of sitting and learning.  I highly doubt he'd be lighting the world on fire had he been thrust into action on day 1 ala Geno. 

I'm hoping Petty gets a full 2 years as an understudy before we try and get him out there.

He sat behind Flacco 2011-2014 a full 4 years only low rd picks have that luxury today or a high pick that is sitting behind a older top QB like Rogers did.. However not many teams would use a 1st rd pick when the have a HOF QB starting. The Pats used a 2nd last year but that's rare these days.. 

Archived