Fitz's Picks

AFJF

Three INT's....one overthrow picked off in the EZ, one batted down at the line when, as Mike Westhoff put it, "he had a lineman in his lap" and one that went straight through Brandon Marshall's hands.

There's a difference between throwing picks because you don't read a defense correctly, don't see a defender, or you're way off target.

IMO, two of those three picks were a group effort.  With a clean pocket on the batted ball and a catch by Marshall, we're looking at another 1 INT game.

Three INT's....one overthrow picked off in the EZ, one batted down at the line when, as Mike Westhoff put it, "he had a lineman in his lap" and one that went straight through Brandon Marshall's hands.

There's a difference between throwing picks because you don't read a defense correctly, don't see a defender, or you're way off target.

IMO, two of those three picks were a group effort.  With a clean pocket on the batted ball and a catch by Marshall, we're looking at another 1 INT game.

he could have had many more w/ poor decisions, he was awful yesterday though at least 1, if not 2, weren't his fault.

Can you follow me around all day and rationalize each time I screw up, too?  I like your style.

Two or three screw ups is my limit, I'm afraid you may exceed that before you hit the snooze button.

No excuses were ever made for Geno's picks none should be made for INTPatricks either. 

I made some for Geno....I remember people ripping him for his INT against the Raiders in the opener last season but wasn't a big deal IMO.  He saw the coverage, there was a gap between Woodson and Decker and Geno tried to squeeze it in.  If not for an amazing diving grab by Woodson, it's a completion.

Not all INT's are equal.  If a QB is throwing them because he can't read a coverage then you're in trouble.  If passes are bouncing off of or going through the hands of receivers, it sure as hell isn't the QB's fault.

I figured this out when I was very young and somebody told me Warren Moon was terrible in his Vikings debut, that he threw 3 INT's.  Then I saw the highlights, and two of them literally hit his receivers in the chest and popped up in the air to get intercepted. Not sure how people look at the QB and say he needs to do better than hitting his receiver in a perfect spot to catch the ball

I agree on the Marshall INT but not entirely on the one batted down by the DL. That guy (Bair?) had knocked down some other balls. Fitz never should have made that low pass right over the line knowing the risk was there it never made it past the DL. That was like the Sanchez Special in Sanchez's last couple years.

I agree on the Marshall INT but not entirely on the one batted down by the DL. That guy (Bair?) had knocked down some other balls. Fitz never should have made that low pass right over the line knowing the risk was there it never made it past the DL. That was like the Sanchez Special in Sanchez's last couple years.

I get that, and it's definitely worse that the Marshall pick, thing is with a batted ball, it's not something you can anticipate, dudes throw their arms up at the last second and it's either too quick to notice, or too late to pull it back.  Like I said, I worry when you can see that a QB missed the presence of a defender (as Fitz appeared to do against the Browns) or is just off target and hits a defended instead of a receiver.   In fairness, he could've had another one that was dropped when the two Eagles DB's ran in to each other.

the one in the end zone was an under throw.  under throwing is Fitz's problem with the deep ball, for the most part.  You could quibble about the deflected pass INT--he might have found a better lane.  The other one was on Marshall.  The Rowe at the goal line was all Fitz.

I made some for Geno....I remember people ripping him for his INT against the Raiders in the opener last season but wasn't a big deal IMO.  He saw the coverage, there was a gap between Woodson and Decker and Geno tried to squeeze it in.  If not for an amazing diving grab by Woodson, it's a completion.

Not all INT's are equal.  If a QB is throwing them because he can't read a coverage then you're in trouble.  If passes are bouncing off of or going through the hands of receivers, it sure as hell isn't the QB's fault.

I figured this out when I was very young and somebody told me Warren Moon was terrible in his Vikings debut, that he threw 3 INT's.  Then I saw the highlights, and two of them literally hit his receivers in the chest and popped up in the air to get intercepted. Not sure how people look at the QB and say he needs to do better than hitting his receiver in a perfect spot to catch the ball

the one in the end zone was an under throw.  under throwing is Fitz's problem with the deep ball, for the most part.

Good call.  I was field level on the opposite side so didn't have the best view and was too mad to look up and watch the replay. 

Archived