Is Geno Smith a GOOD DEEP BALL THROWER?

predator_05

Decker didn't play 15 games last year and have nearly 1,000 yards receiving? Spare me. The only difference between the weapons this year and last is Marshall, who by the way, helped cost the team the victory this weekend. Just sayin'.

Marshall himself is a big difference. A true #1 WR who moves last year's oft-injured #1 to his more comfortable #2 position. Last year Decker was getting doubled, that isn't happening this year. 

Jets also brought in a veteran guard to help stabilize the OL, while Geno was running from guys Idzik's draft picks couldn't block. 

The coaching staff is also allegedly much improved. Gailey's offense is much more QB friendly than the WCO Marty had them running the last couple years. Geno shouldn't been sitting on the bench and learning his rookie year -he was not an NFL ready prospect by any stretch- instead of running a complicated offensive system with a lacking WR corps. 

Geno finished last season strong. Is that because the pressure was off and the opponents were weak like his critics would have you believe? I don't know. You can only play your schedule, and he played it well. I expect these coaches to get a look at Geno in real game action before they make a final decision on him. 

I think bottom line answer is yes, can throw deep, not accurate though,,fitz accurate , just cant get ball deep enough,,,BUT , the REAL answer is a new GM/HC with a young high drafted QB on roster went out ASAP after hiring and got a Vet QB who knew system and then drafted a 4th Rd QB, tells you they think Petty is future of Jets , not geno. Fitz is stopgap till Petty proves himself to coaches. If Petty flops in practices all year and coaches think he is a tool,  then I assume Jets look Free Agency at QB in 2016 or massive trade up in draft somehow if there is a franchise QB there. 

Drafting a QB in the fourth round and planning for him to be a franchise QB is roughly the equivalent of buying a lottery ticket and calling it retirement planning. The new guys -correctly!- dumped Michael Vick and Matt Simms. Then they replaced Vick and Simms. Trying to extrapolate that to mean something about Geno Smith is a reach. It's nice to hear nice reports about Petty from camp, but if Fitz continues to flounder, they'll hand the job to Geno. If Geno flops, they'll be aggressive in the QB market next year. FA, trade, draft - something. 

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can't underthrow there, if anything you need to overthrow it so either your WR can get it or it's incomplete.  terrible job.

Yup. And if Fitz was able to connect on the Enunwa pass that the threw 5 yards out of bounds along with this pass the Jets could have been down 21-24 with 7 minutes to go in the 3rd qtr. 

Two passes (that Fitz had time to step up and throw in) could have changed the direction of this game had he been accurate and led the receiver. 

EDIT: What I will include is that Devin Smith needs to make sure that this pass is incomplete if he cant catch it. Im not a fan of the "wagging of the arms" in the endzone because it was a bad pass when its still the WR's job to make sure that its either a completed pass or an incomplete pass. 

That's a similar type of effort Geno got from his WR's when he throws the ball deep. I wouldnt care if Smith had to take an offensive pass interference call right there. You do not allow that CB to turn that ball over right there. 

I may be calling out Fitz but I feel like I am being fair about it, and Smith could have helped keep that throw just as an "inaccurate" one instead of it being a poor one with the eventual result. 

you can't have less 30% completion rate after 15+ yards and claim to be accurate.

Along with details, I think numbers are overrated as well. I'm a strict "eye-ballist" by training. After a few beers, I can see the bead of sweat on a mosquito's ass at a hundred yards. So yes, I can claim that Fitz is accurate. Tim Tebow could throw a football into a bucket at 30 yards. What do you have to says about that?

Along with details, I think numbers are overrated as well. I'm a strict "eye-ballist" by training. After a few beers, I can see the bead of sweat on a mosquito's ass at a hundred yards. So yes, I can claim that Fitz is accurate. Tim Tebow could throw a football into a bucket at 30 yards. What do you have to says about that?

I believe it...into this bucket:

CedarBucket.jpg

The difference is, everyone knows Fitz isn't a franchise qb. Teams aren't banking on him for the future. Teams use him as a one year stop gap and then move on. Problem with Geno is he stinks for the majority of the year, and plays good at the end of the year, thus bringing in a stupid argument about how he progressed and how he deserves another chance. We passed on Bridgewater cause of this dumbass, the last thing this team needs is another year of giving Geno a chance. We did this sh*t with Sanchize and now we're doing it with Geno. It's time for this team to simply cut bait and move on cause we're going nowhere with him.

your argument is weaker than a weakly thrown Fitzpatrick INT

No, Morninwheys bonehead timeout changed that game and really changed our season even though it was week 2. 

The TD that suddenly "wasnt". 

GenoTD.gif

How is this so easily forgotten? 

That certainly didn't help but even if we score GB was going to score, we couldn't stop them.

yes that great  bridgewater 1 td 2int is what where missing omg 

Not even go to bother giving this reply any time of the day. You clearly don't watch the Vikings.

your argument is weaker than a weakly thrown Fitzpatrick INT

But yet it's much stronger then your Geno and weapons argument. Geno sucks dick, wishing he isn't, isn't going to change anything. The only benefit starting Geno will have, is if we're tanking the season. And no way in hell we're picking top 5 with this roster, so their's not even any point in tanking.

Not even go to bother giving this reply any time of the day. You clearly don't watch the Vikings.

Every week I sit back and watch as many games as  I can. ..  And right now your fooling yourself right now if you don't think Bridgewater has been struggling early out .. 

image.jpeg

Every week I sit back and watch as many games as  I can. ..  And right now your fooling yourself right now if you don't think Bridgewater has been struggling early out .. 

image.jpeg

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2015/9/28/9410171/teddy-bridgewater-how-stats-can-lie-to-you

Last year Bridgewater's stats were: 64.4% with 14-12 tds to ints. Seems pretty good for a rookie. Fact of the matter is, you'd be killing for either Geno or Fitz to have those numbers.

And if you dislike Bridgewater I can just bring up Carr instead, another qb we passed on in favor of Geno. 5 tds to 1 int so far with a completion percent of 63.3 while averaging 8.07 yards a pass so don't bother bringing up the captain checkdown remarks a lot of posters had last year about Carr.

Archived