Brian Winters vs. Suh

jetscrazey

So we have this to look forward to this week.  Looks like Winters will get the start this week in place of injured Colon.  What a tough assignment he's going to have in Suh.  Winters has always been a human turnstile in pass protection. Dolphins are going to attack him all day.  Expect a lot of Kellen Davis as a 6th man on the OL, especially with Cumberland now in the concussion protocol.

How bad were our other guards in camp that Winters is our backup at guard. He is the absolute worst. He makes Colon look like Larry Allen. 

Aboushi replaced Winters last year and did a credible job.  This year we cut Aboushi.  I don't get it.  Winters must look better in training camp than he does in the regular season. 

So we have this to look forward to this week.  Looks like Winters will get the start this week in place of injured Colon.  What a tough assignment he's going to have in Suh.  Winters has always been a human turnstile in pass protection. Dolphins are going to attack him all day.  Expect a lot of Kellen Davis as a 6th man on the OL, especially with Cumberland now in the concussion protocol.

then why doesn't our fearsome d-line sack the QB 15 times a game ?   seriously, I heard all week how the eagles o-line sucks, and the jets couldn't lay a glove on bradford

Aboushi replaced Winters last year and did a credible job.  This year we cut Aboushi.  I don't get it.  Winters must look better in training camp than he does in the regular season. 

O'Brien gave Aboushi credit today in the media as well. Not saying he is an all pro or anything, but clearly better than Winters. Winters is a train wreck.

Suh has been sh*t this season so far.

I'm not as worried as I used to be.

Suh hasn't had a chance to line up against Winters yet. Winters is almost as bad as Vlad Ducasse. Better run blocker but a revolving door in pass protection. That matchup alone makes Miami an attratcive option in the betting world. I am hoping the Jets can get pressure on Tannyhill because he is Mr Panic Button when rushed. I am hoping for a Jets win of course but I think Miami prevails in this one because the Dolphins will bring more pass rush heat than the Jets who are mediocre pass rushers.

How bad were our other guards in camp that Winters is our backup at guard. He is the absolute worst. He makes Colon look like Larry Allen. 

We should have picked up Incognito. He was a layup for the Bills, 2nd straight week as PFF highest rated guard - http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/09/former_dolphins_richie_incognito_charles_clay_haunt_their_former_team_5_notes_fr.html 

It amazes me how quickly some of you throw certain players under a bus no matter what they do, and most of the time fans make sh*t up to float their agenda on their targets scapegoat players.... ????

So Winters steps in, and automatically he is the only guy that will block Suh?  LOL...

Just like the QB situation, fans have no patience to let players develop, Winters was a 3rd round pick, has shown flashes, just hasn't been consistent, pretty normal for a young player developing. 

I know, every breakdown of the OL regardless of scenario, for those scapegoated players, it's always that guy's fault...

:rolleyes:

I'm not so sure why so many people think that Aboushi is better than Winters.  Winters stepped in as a rookie and played a substandard G.   They had another camp competition in 2014 and Winters came out the starter.  Aboushi took over and played a credible G.  Winters won in open competition with Aboushi in 2013 and 2014.  Winters was a better prospect from a smaller school-Kent State.  Both were moving inside from T, but it is not a surprise that Winters would take time to develop.  I am not saying that Winters will be good, but that there are reasons to think he may have improved.  The board was ready to suck off Qvale who was an UDFA that wasn't even on roster last year despite coming from Nebraska.

Archived