Bears unloading players

Obrien2Toon

While Marshall, Decker, Jeffrey, and Devin may be overkill with the current state of our offense (I won't name names), may not be the worst idea.

Decker is starting to concern me a bit.  What's his injury history before the Jets?  Last year he was healthy for what, like five games?  Now this year he's already missing games.  Hopefully just bad luck cause the guy is awesome.  Just beginning to notice a trend here.

Having Jeffery would really help limit the drop-off when Decker is sidelined.

While Marshall, Decker, Jeffrey, and Devin may be overkill with the current state of our offense (I won't name names), may not be the worst idea.

Decker is starting to concern me a bit.  What's his injury history be for the Jets?  Last year he was healthy for what, like five games?  Now this year he's already missing games.  Hopefully just bad luck cause the guy is awesome.  Just beginning to notice a trend here.

Having Jeffery would really help limit the drop-off when Decker is sidelined.

overkill? Decker is injured, Devin Smith hasn't done anything yet and Marshall probably is injured and we just don't know about and oh it's a Wide Receiver league and we run the spread offense

while I don't think it would happen Forte would be a perfect fit for Fitz who does like to check down . Forte is a beast out of the backfield and a combo of him and Ivory would easily be one of the best if not the best tandem in the NFL

Every time Fitz dropped back Sunday he looked check down first.... 

So, why would you give up Kerley and a pick for a rental WR when you have no QB?

A better question is why the Bears would want to pick up salary and years during a salary dump?  They want picks.  Jeffery is hurt - bad time to deal a healthy WR for an unhealthy one.  Long-term Jeffery is obviously a better option, but with Decker and Owusu dinged/out, we need bodies.  Also we are not trading Kerley this year since I am pretty sure that he costs more against the cap to trade than to keep.

Chicago is not stupid enough to get rid of Jeffrey and it would be a near fireable offense imo.

Despite the fact he's a nut I'd take cutler over anything we have in a minute.

The Bears are in wrecking ball mode and Jeffery is a UFA after this season who won't resign with the team so yes they are trying to trade him.

I'd offer them Mo Wilk or Sheldon for Forte, and draft picks. High draft picks.

Wilk and Forte are both at the end of their contracts. They are rebuilding, and the only way you are going to get them to give up veteran studs and high picks is by giving them young studs.

For us, it solves the problem of having far too much cap tied up in the DL, and gives us one more piece to use to hide the QB. 

Martellus Bennett wouldn't be a bad acquisition either.

I would sign up for Cutler before Geno again.

Yes.

Cutler instead of Geno, absolutely. I'd even consider him over Fitz, tbh. 

With the rest of the offense we have in place, we could drop 24+ points a game no problem, and absorb his turnovers. Honestly, I think Chan could get him to play better than he has in Chicago too. Chi-town has allowed him to assert himself too much over the coaching he's received. 

TEs are so awful that the Jints are trying out Chris Cooley, who has been out of the NFL for 2 years and hasn't been even decent/productive since 2010.

I wish he would have been invited to try out for the Jets.  Cooley was a good catching and blocking TE, and even two years removed can probably do more than our current TEs.

Yes.

With the rest of the offense we have in place, we could drop 24+ points a game no problem, and absorb his turnovers. Honestly, I think Chan could get him to play better than he has in Chicago too. Chi-town has allowed him to assert himself too much over the coaching he's received. 

you just called the wabmbulance

Every time Fitz dropped back Sunday he looked check down first.... 

actually you can't look check down first. Usually a check down is after your first few reads and a RB coming off a block so I doubt Fitz was staring at a running back blocking for him since he always seems to step up into the pocket its one of his better qualities

actually you can't look check down first. Usually a check down is after your first few reads and a RB coming off a block so I doubt Fitz was staring at a running back blocking for him since he always seems to step up into the pocket its one of his better qualities

Thanks for the correction, rather he was looking to dump the ball at or just past the line of scrimmage on most plays and never looked downfield.  Al least that is what I saw form my seats at the game on Sunday.

I'd offer them Mo Wilk or Sheldon for Forte, and draft picks. High draft picks.

In my mind Forte at his age is not worth a 1st rounder, so the Bears would have to include THEIR first for sure in the deal, with us sending back a 2nd or 3rd rounder.  And given that they're likely to have a top 5 pick that would be a hard no on their end. 

Jermaine Bushrod anybody?  Forte and Bennett will probably save them the most money.  I don't think there is much savings in unloading Bushrod now and it will accelerate his bonus, but they may want to get something in return.  I have no real knowledge of how he has been playing and he has a concussion.

KYLE LONG PLEASE 

;)

He is still on his rookie deal, isn't he?  I doubt those are the guys they are trying to move.  You want him at G or T?  They just kicked him outside. The Bears starting guards last week?  LG Matt Slauson, RG Vlad Ducasse

Saints just fire-saled Akiem Hicks to the Patriots, so other guys on that roster can probably be had at a discount now as well.

Checking over their roster, there is a ton of dead money on everybody.  Not sure that they want to/can move many of those guys but they probably will

FWIW, the Bears cut Brock Vereen, a 2014 4th rounder who started at FS for them last year.  Considering how we've been swapping safeties around (mostly big Seahawks cast-offs) maybe we'd be interested.  Vereen is more a size deficient speedster, and he apparently got steamrolled by Jimmy Graham last week.  Isaiah Pead was also cut.  Considering how we keep picking up Rams cast-offs (Darryl Richardson, Zac Stacy) at RB, maybe they'd want to complete the set. .

Yes.

Completely agree that Chan could do better with him

Archived