when u cant throw the ball over 20 yards

kmnj

teams will stack the box and shut down the run-nfl coaches are smart they know fitz cant throw a deep ball-miami who is terrible now will shut down our offense sadly-I truly hope I am wrong but i see us sending a win to another team in shambles like we gave the eagles their win

Ryan Fitzpatrick has been in the NFL since 2005.   Do you think that Mike Pettine, and Pagano/Manusky were not aware?  Chip Kelly had to develop the blue print?  NFL coaches are famous for ignoring 90+ games of data and waiting until week 3 to adjust to a QBs strengths and weaknesses.

Agree.  

We lost becasue we allowed a punt return td and had 4 turnovers, and dropped some passes, not because we can't throw deep.

Tom Brady seems to do fine for a guy that rarely throws deep.  They can stack the box all they want if we often are going 4 wides and actually executing the offense.

The field is both vertical and horizontal. Being accurate from 20+ yards out is not necessary. Welcome, but not necessary.

Not according to to NFL Head coaches 

Former Ravens coach Brian Billick, now an analyst for NFL Network, said demonstrating an ability to throw deep is important for the Jets.

“You have to be able to take the top off the defense,” Billick said in a phone interview. “It’s not enough (just to throw it deep). At some point you have to connect deep.”

We lost becasue we allowed a punt return td and had 4 turnovers, and dropped some passes, not because we can't throw deep.

Tom Brady seems to do fine for a guy that rarely throws deep.  They can stack the box all they want if we often are going 4 wides and actually executing the offense.

Don't forget that we apparently have problems with the wheel route.  

when Brady has a deep threat he goes deep a lot especially during the Randy Moss years .. He also hits Gronk on plenty of passes 15+ yards down the field. The difference Brady doesn't have too throw jump balls 15 yards down the field .. Cause he got a Arm to put it on a rope so he can put it on Reciever in stride with no problems that far down the field .

Yep.

Because Brady gets great protection and gets the ball out faster than pretty much every QB in football. When Fitz had great protection and was able to get the ball out fast, the offense worked. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick's success as QB of the Jets is going to be tied directly to the success of the OL. Like it is for almost every QB in the league. Just ask Andrew Luck. Even the elite are dependent upon the OL for success. There have been a select few QBs over history that could excel no matter how they were protected.

teams will stack the box and shut down the run-nfl coaches are smart they know fitz cant throw a deep ball-miami who is terrible now will shut down our offense sadly-I truly hope I am wrong but i see us sending a win to another team in shambles like we gave the eagles their win

The CHAD PENNINGTON years are back...................

I'm not saying that not being able to go deep is no big thing but it was not what caused the loss nor was the other team stacking it up.  We have had poor oline run blocking and not great Rb play the last two games.  I for sure do not think it was the cause of the loss to philly.

I'm not saying that not being able to go deep is no big thing but it was not what caused the loss nor was the other team stacking it up.  We have had poor oline run blocking and not great Rb play the last two games.  I for sure do not think it was the cause of the loss to philly.

that bad Rb play wouldn't have nothing to do with Teams stacking the box because they have no fear of being beat deep would it ? 

that bad Rb play wouldn't have nothing to do with Teams stacking the box because they have no fear of being beat deep would it ? 

You don't think losing Colon and having Colon and Carpenter injured going into the game might have contributed?  The fact that Ivory DNP?  Stacy and Powell have not exactly been world beaters throughout their careers.

You don't think losing Colon and having Colon and Carpenter injured going into the game might have contributed?  The fact that Ivory DNP?  Stacy and Powell have not exactly been world beaters throughout their careers.

they both have been productive backs in nfl .. We once had Powell leading the league in rushing  . Stacey had a 800 yard season in his rookie year . No one said there world beaters but there more than solid enough to play and produce in spot duty . But then again as much as ivory gets hurt I don't think he is world beater either .

Not according to to NFL Head coaches 

Former Ravens coach Brian Billick, now an analyst for NFL Network, said demonstrating an ability to throw deep is important for the Jets.

“You have to be able to take the top off the defense,” Billick said in a phone interview. “It’s not enough (just to throw it deep). At some point you have to connect deep.”

Does it count if you connect deep with the DB?? Fitz can do that..:)

Ryan Fitzpatrick has been in the NFL since 2005.   Do you think that Mike Pettine, and Pagano/Manusky were not aware?  Chip Kelly had to develop the blue print?  NFL coaches are famous for ignoring 90+ games of data and waiting until week 3 to adjust to a QBs strengths and weaknesses.

teams watch game films every week-you think cause brady has been in the league and won all of those rings teams dont watch films of most recent games ? Fitz is on a new team with new weapons-I suspect coaches said damn with those star players jets will light it up -two games later-guys he cant throw the ball move on up and cover the box

I wonder how many ints fitz would have had throwing to the jaqs geno was throwing too-guys like Nelson were his wr1 for the week

teams watch game films every week-you think cause brady has been in the league and won all of those rings teams dont watch films of most recent games ? Fitz is on a new team with new weapons-I suspect coaches said damn with those star players jets will light it up -two games later-guys he cant throw the ball move on up and cover the box

I wonder how many ints fitz would have had throwing to the jaqs geno was throwing too-guys like Nelson were his wr1 for the week

So was Chad when he took the 1-15 Fin's to 11-5 or Vinny going 12-4 in his first year with the Jets.. Bottom line if one wants to you can think up a ton of excuses for failure..

No it wouldn't at all.  Do you think teams do not stack the box vs the good runners of this league?  The jets had a top 3 running offense last year, do you think it was never stacked then.  You can just say, oh they stacked the box so we can forget about running, your rbs still have to make plays when they get the chance, ours didn't last game or the game before until we were well ahead.

they Fitzpatrick becomes Tom Brady or Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers let me know ??  Those guys don't have problems throwing deep balls 

brady is terrible on deep throws.  they are both kings of the short pass.  

this fan base is so dog gone traumatized by pennington that arm strength seems to be the only things that matters, even if the 2 best QB's check it down non-stop all game long

they Fitzpatrick becomes Tom Brady or Peyton Manning (prime) or Aaron Rodgers let me know ??  Those guys don't have problems throwing deep balls 

you guys are really exaggerating the problems with Fitz throwing deep.  Most of the incompletions the WR was covered last week

Archived