when u cant throw the ball over 20 yards

kmnj

im gonna stand by when Tom Brady has a deep threat .. He can make the throws .. 

the entire offense is built on crossers, arrows and picks.    they kill you with a thousand cuts.  the deep ball is very al davis, both kinda dead in the current NFL

He underthrew  Devin smith twice .. Your gonna blame that on decker being out ? 

Not for nothing, but Fitz has like no reps with Smith.

Perhaps Fitz threw to the right spot, but not having reps with this kid he didn't realize how fast he is. Or perhaps Smith allowed himself to be pushed off his route, changing the timing of everything.

Or perhaps yes, the ball was underthrown. 

QBs underthrow passes all the time. They don't get benched for it. 

2 passes to a rookie WR that missed all of camp, hasn't had reps with the QB, and the QB missed most of camp too... I'm going to go with both players involved need more time together. Neither needs to be benched because fans need to do a pee-pee dance over a respectable loss.

the entire offense is built on crossers, arrows and picks.    they kill you with a thousand cuts.  the deep ball is very al davis, both kinda dead in the current NFL

I'm not saying your wrong . But there is no deep threat on that team . It's built around Gronk and Edelman . So scheme fits them . But when Brady has a deep threat he will light it up . He has proven this in my mind .. He slings that ball anywhere it needs to be short, mid, long with no problems .. 

I'm not saying your wrong . But there is no deep threat on that team . It's built around Gronk and Edelman . So scheme fits them . But when Brady has a deep threat he will light it up . He has proven this in my mind .. He slings that ball anywhere it needs to be short, mid, long with no problems .. 

Pats offense is about spreading you out 50 yards laterally, and Brady having arguably the best instincts, and abilities to predict what a defense is going to do pre snap, and get the ball to the correct WR placed perfectly allowing guys like Edelman to get serious YAC, and having a beast in Gronk always kind of helps on top of this.

We lost becasue we allowed a punt return td and had 4 turnovers, and dropped some passes, not because we can't throw deep.

Tom Brady seems to do fine for a guy that rarely throws deep.  They can stack the box all they want if we often are going 4 wides and actually executing the offense.

This is what I love you are honestly and in truth comparing Tom Brady to a journeyman QB who even on his best days is not in Tom Brady's league..

Ok that makes sense...

Not for nothing, but Fitz has like no reps with Smith.

Perhaps Fitz threw to the right spot, but not having reps with this kid he didn't realize how fast he is. Or perhaps Smith allowed himself to be pushed off his route, changing the timing of everything.

Or perhaps yes, the ball was underthrown. 

QBs underthrow passes all the time. They don't get benched for it. 

2 passes to a rookie WR that missed all of camp, hasn't had reps with the QB, and the QB missed most of camp too... I'm going to go with both players involved need more time together. Neither needs to be benched because fans need to do a pee-pee dance over a respectable loss.

Philly's DBs played a good game last week. The guy who had step for step coverage with Smith and was perfectly placed for the INT deserves credit for his play. He got on Smith's inside and positioned himself perfectly.

Sometimes the other guys make plays. It happens. We just didn't make enough of our own.

teams will stack the box and shut down the run-nfl coaches are smart they know fitz cant throw a deep ball-miami who is terrible now will shut down our offense sadly-I truly hope I am wrong but i see us sending a win to another team in shambles like we gave the eagles their win

Ryan Fitzpatrick has been in the NFL since 2005.   Do you think that Mike Pettine, and Pagano/Manusky were not aware?  Chip Kelly had to develop the blue print?  NFL coaches are famous for ignoring 90+ games of data and waiting until week 3 to adjust to a QBs strengths and weaknesses.

Pretty amazing how guys like Tom Brady and Peyton Manning made HOF careers throwing the ball 80% of the time under 20 yards and mostly under 10.

Amazing how a guy like Drew Brees made a career throwing most of his passes to RB's using check downs.

How in the ******* world did these guys ever accomplish this ? How did 90 % of the god damn NFL not catch on ??

I'm going to say this again so it sinks in to the idiots claiming Fitz absolutely can't throw a deep ball. Fitz' deep throws have ALL been contested he is throwing them to open up the stuff underneath and help the running game to some extent. They are designed to work that way. When those type of passes are called its up to the receiver to make a play on the ball as well. if you think Fitz or any other QB is going to hit a well covered WR directly in the hands 40 yards downfield for a good percentage you have not been paying attention to the NFL for how ever long you have watched the NFL.

Stop calling out our QB for stupid ignorant reasons that do not make any sense and start taking a look at how this freaking league is progressing in the passing game. Its all about high percentage short passes with routes designed to create mismatches and let the players make the plays. Fitz is a good QB for this type of system its up to the team to stop making stupid mistakes . Fitz has 5 Int's 3 of which were not his fault and if the Jets would not have made a few boneheaded plays on Sunday he very well might have brought us back for the win.

Fitz is not in the same league with the Bradys and Rodgers of the world but he is good enough to lead this team to victories. This is a team game and it was obvious to anyone with a ******* brain Sundays loss to the Eagles was due to so many more reasons than the QB. Dropped Passes, Bad Special teams play, Boneheaded lateral attempts and tipped balls that cause Int's right in our Receivers hands. If you do things like this consistently your going to LOSE consistently. Cutting down on mistakes like this is what builds a winner .

Can we please stop with the stupid QB threads

The field is both vertical and horizontal. Being accurate from 20+ yards out is not necessary. Welcome, but not necessary.

Well said. Field was only horizontal last wk. Fitz was magical passing it at the LoS for about 80% of his passes. 

teams will stack the box and shut down the run-nfl coaches are smart they know fitz cant throw a deep ball-miami who is terrible now will shut down our offense sadly-I truly hope I am wrong but i see us sending a win to another team in shambles like we gave the eagles their win

This is a fresh perspective, tell me more! Oh and I love your innovation, turning periods into dashes! I'm certain it will be the next big thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<snip).

Can we please stop with the stupid QB threads

From your keyboard to God's ears.

Sunday was painful.  Across the board it was painful starting with the way our defense did not exactly defend the run.  I thought we were supposed to be the best in the NFL at that.  There was plenty of blame to spread around.  Yes, plenty of blame.... including the QB.

We fought back in the 2nd half to make it close.  I would like to think that was our team imposing it's will on the Eagles but I think there was and element of them sitting on a big lead and taking their foot off the gas pedal.  We'll never really know.  With that said and strictly as a matter of point swings, if any of a number of non-QB related things go differently we are tied or in a FG game.  The punt return or the lateral are just two examples.

In other words and once again.... plenty of blame to go around for this loss.

Unfortunately the people who want to see Geno back in need to find a way for that to happen.  The 2-0 start did not work well with that agenda and so the QB performance this week is really the first time in 6 weeks or so that they can get to beat their anti-Fitzpatrick drums and try to influence a change by exaggerating how badly Fitzpatrick (a) has been and (b) is likely to be moving forward.

Fitz has been fair to middling in the first three games overall.

Fair to middling represents a monumental improvement in NY Jets QB play.

This is what I love you are honestly and in truth comparing Tom Brady to a journeyman QB who even on his best days is not in Tom Brady's league..

Ok that makes sense...

The whole thrust of the tread is 'We can't throw deep', you can't have a successful offense if you don't throw deep!  So no I am not comparing Brady to our QB.  I am comparing the offenses.

The whole thrust of the tread is 'We can't throw deep', you can't have a successful offense if you don't throw deep!  So no I am not comparing Brady to our QB.  I am comparing the offenses.

I understood what you were saying but I was being a wise guy about it.  The truth is what I was trying to say is that Brady in the short game can not be compared to Fitz. Brady is a HOF player so how he even executes the short game is dramatically different than the hard working but limited Fitz, so the fact that Brady isn't primarily a deep threat isn't as relevant.

So while you are 100% correct that the short game can win championships that is predicated on superior QB play.

Archived