Jets promote TE to Active Roster Bring Back Dion Simon

jetsrule128

I like Saxton he's a little small for a T.E, but could be good in the spread or H Back.

I concur, he's not at all built as a blocker but his speed and hands could give Enunwa a run as H-Back.

Pathetic we dont have a decent TE not saying Saxton is a bad guy but come on Jets

why? Gailey's schemes don't really emphasize the TE so there's no need to have an exceptional one. They are primarily used as OT-Lite for aiding the run blocking.

What's your definition of a "decent TE?" That's such a relative term. If you are a run-heavy team, Hell, Matthew Mulligan or Fred Baxter suffice as a "decent TE" especially when you have a Decker & Marshall as WideOuts, your TE isn't getting target priority over the latter pair mentioned. 

This is no longer Rozelle or Tagliabue NFL Football, this is a Pass-Heavy, Offensive biased league where the modern TE is more a WR than blocker. And guess what.............Saxton seems to fit that new mold. I believe that's why most of us, myself included, were excited about Amaro's potential offensive contributions. 

I concur, he's not at all built as a blocker but his speed and hands could give Enunwa a run as H-Back.

why? Gailey's schemes don't really emphasize the TE so there's no need to have an exceptional one. They are primarily used as OT-Lite for aiding the run blocking.

What's your definition of a "decent TE?" That's such a relative term. If you are a run-heavy team, Hell, Matthew Mulligan or Fred Baxter suffice as a "decent TE" especially when you have a Decker & Marshall as WideOuts, your TE isn't getting target priority over the latter pair mentioned. 

This is no longer Rozelle or Tagliabue NFL Football, this is a Pass-Heavy, Offensive biased league where the modern TE is more a WR than blocker. And guess what.............Saxton seems to fit that new mold. I believe that's why most of us, myself included, were excited about Amaro's potential offensive contributions. 

+1 

There are a handful of truly effective, game-changing tight ends in the league. The rest are guys like Amaro, Cumberland, Davis, and Saxton.

The Jets aren't great at the tight end spot but neither are most of the teams in the NFL.

+1 

There are a handful of truly effective, game-changing tight ends in the league. The rest are guys like Amaro, Cumberland, Davis, and Saxton.

The Jets aren't great at the tight end spot but neither are most of the teams in the NFL.

+ 1.27

other than Gronkowski, Witten, Graham whenin NOLA, and Julius Thomas with Manning in Denver

who else would qualify as GameChangers at the TE position? The latter 2 suck now without their previous prolific QBs. 

I used to love the TE as a great chess piece (bring em in to run block, have them split the seam and occupy middle vs. LBs, split em out vs. a DB, 4-5 yard safety valve for QB) but today's NFL has devalued that position to where the H back serves the purpose of what the Shulers, Brent Jones, Eric Greens, and Bavaros did BACK in the day when Cocaine was King, Film was grainy, and Americans were yet to be obese. 

+ 1.27

other than Gronkowski, Witten, Graham whenin NOLA, and Julius Thomas with Manning in Denver

who else would qualify as GameChangers at the TE position? The latter 2 suck now without their previous prolific QBs. 

I used to love the TE as a great chess piece (bring em in to run block, have them split the seam and occupy middle vs. LBs, split em out vs. a DB, 4-5 yard safety valve for QB) but today's NFL has devalued that position to where the H back serves the purpose of what the Shulers, Brent Jones, Eric Greens, and Bavaros did BACK in the day when Cocaine was King, Film was grainy, and Americans were yet to be obese. 

Would put Greg Olsen solidly in 2nd tier. He's money.

+ 1.27

gates, kelce, Olsen right now... Also ASJ, eifert and ebron have all been showing signs that they could be in for breakout years

gates, kelce, Olsen right now... Also ASJ, eifert and ebron have all been showing signs that they could be in for breakout years

Jordan Reed is pretty good too

I think most Jet fans are just wishing for a competent TE catching and running with the ball.

Archived