JetNation \ FanDuel League Week Four

Maxman

This actually sounds good and I like the 5 max.  

Count my vote in for this proposal.

I would vote this way too, its not fun thinking that one or two guys are unbeatable because they are in the top 10 every week when in reality they have 30 teams and only one of their teams don't suck.

I'm actually fine the way things are. Even with it opening to the public we only had 329 entries with a prize pool of $4,330. So basically we contributed $3,290 dollars in entries and we are awarded an extra $1,000 dollars from Fanduel. That is a GREAT deal. Not a good deal, a GREAT deal. Sure a few outsiders may sneak in and win a few bucks, but we are all coming out way ahead in terms of value compared to EVERY other similar tournament on fanduel or other sites.  

Look at the average fanduel contest and you will see prize pools of $5k with 520 members contributing $10 per entry. Meaning Fanduel is making a profit on the pool. In our league, fanduel is LOSING money on us. 

If people want a small friendly fanduel league we can start a 50 person, 1 entry per person league. But there is no reason to stop this fanduel league while it's still great value. 

Just my 2 cents. 

I will do whatever you guys do, but this seems to make sense to me. 

Where will all the extra teams come from? They're going to want to reach the limit, no?

The limit with entries (we don't have to do that) would come with a lower max of people that could enter.

I was saying if we go from 700 to 300 people max maybe we limit the entries.

But let's split the difference. I will ask them for a 300 or 350 person league with the 25 max per person that they were doing. Thanks.

The limit with entries (we don't have to do that) would come with a lower max of people that could enter.

I was saying if we go from 700 to 300 people max maybe we limit the entries.

But let's split the difference. I will ask them for a 300 or 350 person league with the 25 max per person that they were doing. Thanks.

25 entries might be a little obnoxious..  I thought we had a limit of 20 anyway?

I think 350 max with 10 entry limit given to us early in the week is the way to go.  just my 2 cents.

25 entries might be a little obnoxious..  I thought we had a limit of 20 anyway?

I think 350 max with 10 entry limit given to us early in the week is the way to go.  just my 2 cents.

Listening to Pac on fantasy football league formatting is a huge mistake. Just my two pesos.

Why limit how many teams people can buy, unless you anticipate reaching the limit and having some people get shut out of the contest while others have twenty teams, which I doubt will happen.

Agreed. The only time we should consider changing the format is when the league starts to fill up. Until that point, I say keep things the same.  

Not if they don't see it. They are only entering from the FanDuel lobby.

I can never find it via the Lobby. Always end up clicking the link you provide here. Although my son found it. Each week I have played 4-5 entries with 2 or 3 making the payout cut. Never hit for more than a $20 payout yet. My son puts in 2 or 3 entries with similar results.  

This DFS stuff is a lot harder than it looks. And how in the world does this escape the online gambling laws?  This is gambling pure and simple. 

I can never find it via the Lobby. Always end up clicking the link you provide here. Although my son found it. Each week I have played 4-5 entries with 2 or 3 making the payout cut. Never hit for more than a $20 payout yet. My son puts in 2 or 3 entries with similar results.  

This DFS stuff is a lot harder than it looks. And how in the world does this escape the online gambling laws?  This is gambling pure and simple. 

http://gamboool.com/how-is-fanduel-legal-and-is-it-legal-to-play-daily-fantasy-sports-like-football-baseball-and-basketball-for-money

I had one team finish out of the money by .08 points, another by .32 points and another by 2.5 pts. FML

I would have finished #1 had the Mark Ingram TD (that was clearly a TD) had not been overturned...  I still could have finished #2 had the Seahawks completed 2 more passes to Graham for about 20 yards..  how do you not pass the ball to Jimmy Graham???

I would have finished #1 had the Mark Ingram TD (that was clearly a TD) had not been called overturned...  I still could have finished #2 had the Seahawks completed 2 more passes to Graham for about 20 yards..  how do you not pass the ball to Jimmy Graham???

At some point this season you would think they figure out that they can throw the ball to Graham more often in a game.

At some point this season you would think they figure out that they can throw the ball to Graham more often in a game.

I was incredibly annoyed last night.  This has been a fun few weeks of fanduel but the downside is I sat there for 3 hours watching every play of a game I normally wouldn't have watched 10 seconds of.  Your o-line sucks and your running game was non-existent.  PASS TO GRAHAM!

Thankfully the stories today about the cheating going on is enough to keep me from venturing off into the main board of FD or DK.  Just our games for me. 

I was incredibly annoyed last night.  This has been a fun few weeks of fanduel but the downside is I sat there for 3 hours watching every play of a game I normally wouldn't have watched 10 seconds of.  Your o-line sucks and your running game was non-existent.  PASS TO GRAHAM!

Thankfully the stories today about the cheating going on is enough to keep me from venturing off into the main board of FD or DK.  Just our games for me. 

You need to be in one of those commercials man, lol.  That story is bad for business and will also raise the already raised flag by lawmakers.  Outside of the Jetnation group,  I join a random $2  fifteen man group for fun.  I came in 3rd place this week and won 5 bucks (minus my entry, it's 3 bucks)

If there is a free tournament for hundreds of thousands of dollars I will join it.  That's like a free scratch off card that I have no expectations of winning but you never know.  

You need to be in one of those commercials man, lol.  That story is bad for business and will also raise the already raised flag by lawmakers.  Outside of the Jetnation group,  I join a random $2  fifteen man group for fun.  I came in 3rd place this week and won 5 bucks (minus my entry, it's 3 bucks)

If there is a free tournament for hundreds of thousands of dollars I will join it.  That's like a free scratch off card that I have no expectations of winning but you never know.  

yeah I can see very small stake games for the hell of it.  lately though I've wondered if I should enter more contests and stories like this are a big reminder to stay away.

Employees from both FD and DK using inside info and winning millions should be criminal.  They just invited a sh-tstorm of regulation with that.

yeah I can see very small stake games for the hell of it.  lately though I've wondered if I should enter more contests and stories like this are a big reminder to stay away.

Employees from both FD and DK using inside info and winning millions should be criminal.  They just invited a sh-tstorm of regulation with that.

enjoy it while you can boys.......look like DFS is going to go the way of my beloved online poker......cant have a multi-billion dollar industry with no over site and regulations for the integrity of the game.......this story is all some attention starved politician needs to shut the industry down.....i give it less than a year

seeing everyones players picked is akin to seeing everyones cards in poker

Archived