Time to vote - Geno Smith or Ryan Fitzpatrick? (Oct 2)

EM31

Who should be the starting QB of the Jets and if a change needs to be made, when?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who should start after the bye week?

• Ryan Fitzpatrick is the starter and should start for the rest of the year or until injured
    • Geno Smith is the starter and should start for the rest of the year or until injured
    • Fitzpatrick should start for now but change to Geno based on W/L record
    • Other
  2. 2. If we change based on record?

• 2-2 or any .500 record should trigger the change
    • Under .500 (2-3 or 3-4 etc.)
    • Two or more 2-4 or more games under .500
    • Go to Petty or Geno if we are mathematically eliminated

One pair of clicks and people are done.  Will keep updated each week if there is an interest.  This way we can suspend the arguments and simply register a position on the subject and be done with it.

The topic is pretty well beaten up at this point.  I am as guilty as any.  It is really the same group of us trying (and failing) to find different ways to repeat the same arguments over topic of what should come next at QB? 

Let's take the pulse of the posting fan base on the basic questions and keep a current count.

(1) What is the current sense of the fan-base and more interestingly...

(2) What will it be after Sunday?

Certainly opinion might have changed as a result of the game last week and I expect the same here.  If nothing else it will provide some with a list of who they need to persuade.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fitz should be the starter until further notice unless his play gives the Jets a losing record. If they go under .500 due to Fitz then Geno should play. 

We win the next two, but Fitz throws for a combined 300 yards, 2 TDs, and 5 ints. Still keep Fitz? Highly unlikely. 

too bad he cant read a defense or throw the deep ball accurately. Oh and I forgot about the multiple pics and fumbles. 

3rd year QB with an OFFENSE and WRs finally and an OC who took into consideration his strengths and weaknesses way better than a guy on his 5th team in 6 years who cant throw the deep ball. 

3rd year QB with an OFFENSE and WRs finally and an OC who took into consideration his strengths and weaknesses way better than a guy on his 5th team in 6 years who cant throw the deep ball. 

I agree with this, but also think the change should not happen unless we're losing games consistently. We lose to Miami and I think the change is made over the bye week. If Fitz looks good then I don't see the change happening. 

Went with the closest option to my opinion.

"Geno Smith is the starter and should start for the rest of the year or until injured"

But if he ends up playing like sh!t after a couple weeks, ya go back to Fitz.  That's what the backup is for.

Also wouldn't necessarily wait 'til after the bye.  If Fitz plays the first quarter or two like he did last week, I'd put in Geno after the half or earlier.

too bad he cant read a defense or throw the deep ball accurately. Oh and I forgot about the multiple pics and fumbles. 

Oh wow, for a second there I thought you were talking about Fitzpatrick. Y'know, considering that this description has been the scouting report on him his entire career. Big difference between the two is one has spent a decade in this league and the other is in the third year of his career which, ideally, would have been his first season stepping on a field since he wasn't completely ready.

I am not a Geno hater if Fitz sh*ts the bead then let's see what the kid has. But I don't  think the team will rally behind Geno, but what do I know. It's just my opinion. I just want the best QB on the Field and that is the coaches job.

Oh wow, for a second there I thought you were talking about Fitzpatrick. Y'know, considering that this description been the scouting report on him his entire career. Big difference between the two is one has spent a decade in this league and the other is in the third year of his career which, ideally, would have been his first season stepping on a field since he wasn't completely ready.

So glad your opinion on this matter is meaningless.

Oh wow, for a second there I thought you were talking about Fitzpatrick. Y'know, considering that this description been the scouting report on him his entire career. Big difference between the two is one has spent a decade in this league and the other is in the third year of his career which, ideally, would have been his first season stepping on a field since he wasn't completely ready.

. I am not giving up totally on Geno at all. I think he needs to mature and become a leader. I definitely don't think Fits is the answer at all. The last game was horrible, the first two games I don't think we win without Fitz. I think Fitz's veteran knowledge helped him make some reads that helped us win. I am by no means advocating Fitz be our long term starter.

Oh wow, for a second there I thought you were talking about Fitzpatrick. Y'know, considering that this description has been the scouting report on him his entire career. Big difference between the two is one has spent a decade in this league and the other is in the third year of his career which, ideally, would have been his first season stepping on a field since he wasn't completely ready.

So glad your opinion on this matter is meaningless.

Don't worry Mogglez...

63346496.jpg

. I am not giving up totally on Geno at all. I think he needs to mature and become a leader. I definitely don't think Fits is the answer at all. The last game was horrible, the first two games I don't think we win without Fitz. I think Fitz's veteran knowledge helped him make some reads that helped us win. I am by no means advocating Fitz be our long term starter.

Fair enough. Fitzpatrick's performance, for me, will determine how long he keeps the job. I can easily  see them making the change after the bye.

I think I liked you better when you wanted to sign every free agent in the entire league maybe we can get Julio Jones ??

Jets are going to be 3-1 at the bye and they'll stick with Fitz.  Gaily should have plenty of mismatches with Marshall, Decker, and Devin Smith healthy,  He'll be moving them all over the field.  You'll see Marshall and Decker on nickel backs and safeties with lots of chances to make plays.  Fitz is who is...he'll have game manager games like the first two with an occasional stinker like the last game.  He is what he is.  But if you look at his run with the Texans, he had two stinkers and a bunch of mediocre games.  I think that's what we get.  I think he's in till he gets hurt because he doesn't make too many "bonehead" plays that leave coaches head scratching.  There's less questions about his decisions and only about his actual ability.  He'll be exposed here and there but coast us into 9-7 or 10-6 and keep us in the play-off discussions.  

I checked Other because I think it will just be a gut thing by the coach.  If Fitz is fotzing around getting nowhere and Bowles senses a lack of direction or momentum, he'll make the change then.  If the team shows offensive sharpness and direction under Fitz, he stays in.

LOL...name calling. 

When all else fails...

You are a troll. I've responded to multiple posts of your's without any hostility towards you as a poster (maybe some hostility towards Fitzpatrick) and you have done nothing but respond to me with childish posts or ridicule my posts with enthralling responses such as "TLDR" or "Thank God your opinion is meaningless". No debates about the subject. Just childish responses. You're a useless troll. Piss off.

You are a troll. I've responded to multiple posts of your's without any hostility towards you as a poster (maybe some hostility towards Fitzpatrick) and you have done nothing but respond to me with childish posts or ridicule my posts with enthralling responses such as "TLDR" or "Thank God your opinion is meaningless". No debates about the subject. Just childish responses. You're a useless troll. Piss off.

Personal attacks, LOL.

Im really curious about genos potential away from rex ryan however this is fitz's shot so i believe in the beard until he proves me wrong. If he plays poorly in london it gets tricky because this is probably the best time to make a switch if they are going to. We'll find out soon i guess

Archived