Jets could get Dolphins Coaches Fired With Win.

Villain The Foe

:-)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000547697/article/dolphins-coaching-staff-could-see-changes-if-team-loses-to-jets

Dolphins' coaching staff could see changes if team loses to Jets

• The Miami Dolphins are considering shaking up their coaching staff if the team loses to the New York Jets this weekend in London, multiple sources have confirmed to NFL Media.

"If the team loses three in a row, don't be shocked if someone on that coaching staff gets fired," one well-placed source said.

International Series
0ap3000000541337.jpg

A season that began with optimism in Miami has quickly become disappointing as we near the quarter-point. Multiple sources inside and around the franchise indicate there is widespread frustration among the players with certain members of the coaching staff. A meaningful portion of that discontent stems from -- what some players believe to be -- flawed offensive and defensive play-calling.

One team source said "everyone understands" the coaches are the issue and aren't putting the team in a position to win.

As a result of those frustrations and a host of others -- including the length and difficulty of practices -- multiple sources said the coaching staff is at risk of losing the locker room if Miami loses in London.

"We've been going out there, and practicing our (tails) off every day, but as players, we're tired of being embarrassed," said one member of the Dolphins. "If we get beat in Europe, (players) are going to throw in the towel. It isn't the players. We have all the talent in the world."

After an offseason that saw the Dolphins add a number of players through free agency and the draft -- such as defensive tackles Ndamukong Suh and Jordan Phillips (second-round pick), wide receiversKenny Stills and DeVante Parker (first-round pick), and tight end Jordan Cameron -- team owner Stephen Ross made it abundantly clear during numerous interviews that he expected his franchise to make the playoffs for the first time since 2008.

"There has to be improvement," Ross said in March after adding an extra year to head coach Joe Philbin's contract.

While Philbin is revered by those who know him well, his 24-27 record in three-plus seasons has exposed him and his staff to scrutiny. Despite being on the brink of making the postseason in 2013 and 2014, Miami missed the playoffs each time.

The Dolphins opened this season with a 17-10 win at Washington, but they have since lost consecutive games to the Jaguars and had a 41-14 loss to the Bills.

"(Ross) is a remarkably loyal person," said one source who knows the Dolphins' owner. "But I don't think that loyalty is limitless."

Follow Rand Getlin on Twitter @Rand_Getlin.

One team source said "everyone understands" the coaches are the issue and aren't putting the team in a position to win

Or maybe Tannehill isn't that good, and Suh is really only tolerable so long as he's playing for a hardo like Schwartz, and their offensive line really wasn't that good to begin with, ditto for the linebackers, and everyone knows that Jennings is pretty average and he wasn't going to be the answer to anything.

But hey, it wouldn't be football season without Fins fans, SoFla media, and Stephen Ross drastically overrating how good their roster is.

Or maybe Tannehill isn't that good, and Suh is really only tolerable so long as he's playing for a hardo like Schwartz, and their offensive line really wasn't that good to begin with, ditto for the linebackers, and everyone knows that Jennings is pretty average and he wasn't going to be the answer to anything.

But hey, it wouldn't be football season without Fins fans, SoFla media, and Stephen Ross drastically overrating how good their roster is.

Ding ding ding! The Dolphins are really awful.

Enjoy your top 5 pick, Miami.

"We've been going out there, and practicing our (tails) off every day, but as players, we're tired of being embarrassed," said one member of the Dolphins. "If we get beat in Europe, (players) are going to throw in the towel. It isn't the players. We have all the talent in the world."

This line right here says it all.  What a bunch of pansy low character mooks.  Four games into the season and they are going to throw in the towel.  Also amazing how when things are not going well it's on the coaches but when things are going well the players are asking their agent to get more money.  Perhaps the coaches need to be paid 20 million a year and the players 2 million if it is all on the coaches?

I think the Fins turn it around in London. Unfourtantely I think we drop this one. Unless the players really want to get the coach fired. Which would make my weak as I would love to see the demise of the Dolphins more then anything.

Jets lost to themselves last week and based on the article it's possible the fish do not go 100% and give the Jets a little help, I am ok with that (douche move but it's the fins)

3-1 going into the bye week would be nice

Jets lost to themselves last week and based on the article it's possible the fish do not go 100% and give the Jets a little help, I am ok with that (douche move but it's the fins)

I hope your right man, but I think the Fins come out and play hard. Decker is not ready he might be out there but he won't be 100%. Winters at guard and the way Fitz's passes were getting batted down last weak makes  me concerned. 

Agreed. I don't usually listen to the radio anymore, but living in SoFla it's very hard not to listen to the Miami sport talk radio in the morning. Listening to them complain and whine is a better start to my day than meditating naked in a rainbow, which I do almost daily when its not football season. 

He made All Pro under Caldwell last year??

Archived