If the Jets moved to London would you still be a fan?

joewilly12

If the Jets moved to London would you still be a fan?   

79 members have voted

1. 1. If the Jets moved to London would you still be a fan?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The subject is mental masturbation-starting with the Jet obligations for the stadium here. No one would consider moving a financially successful organization as opposed to a franchise having difficulties. Then there is the question of relocating players and families to a foreign country even though that might be resolvable by financial and other incentives since England apparently very much wants a franchise there. The travel is not much worse than west coast trip by east coast teams.

If they kept the name "Jets" I probably would still be a fan...but if they completely changed their name than no..I would be out.

I can't imagine becoming a fan of another team, so I probably wouldn't watch all that much NFL anymore.  Wouldn't really be a bad thing.

I'm British (Scottish), so sure, why not.

The only thing that would get me away from this franchise, regardless of where it goes, is something crazy like Glasgow/Edinburgh getting an NFL Franchise.

Then, sorry lads, I'm out.

Edit:  An expansion Richmond VA NFL team would be fun to follow too, but I'd hope for it to be in the NFC to avoid conflicts.  Richmond Generals ftw.

The Jets are in the biggest market in the league so I doubt it happens, but for sh*ts and giggles I would have to say yes. It would suck and I would struggle but my hatred for all other teams in the NFL makes it damn near impossible to switch to some other bunch of butt holes. 

I could maybe go to Carolina as I would simply HAVE to go to an underdog who's never really won anything if I was able to at all. 

Edit:  An expansion Richmond VA NFL team would be fun to follow too, but I'd hope for it to be in the NFC to avoid conflicts.  Richmond Generals ftw.

I always thought the Giants should relocate there that way the VA Giants would actually be their name and not just a nickname...

No.

I root for the city I've called home all my life....I would probably just follow football at that point just to follow it....would never stomach rooting for the Jints

Nope. It would be the ultimate slap in the face to the New Yorkers who have supported this team for their entire lives. 

+1000

I grew up in Secaucus, the Jets have been a part of my life since childhood. They belong to us. Moving to London would essentially break that connection.

That said, i doubt this ever happens. We're a well supported team in a big market.

Franchises like the Rams or the Jaguars are in more realistic danger of getting nuked.

The subject is mental masturbation-starting with the Jet obligations for the stadium here. No one would consider moving a financially successful organization as opposed to a franchise having difficulties. Then there is the question of relocating players and families to a foreign country even though that might be resolvable by financial and other incentives since England apparently very much wants a franchise there. The travel is not much worse than west coast trip by east coast teams.

Ummmmm Brooklyn Dodgers say otherwise..... 

Yes. But I would feel compelled to begin a Bring 'Em Back States-side campaign just to out of respect to our 18th century fallen brothers. CONCEDE NOTHING TO THE REDS!!!!!!

i am not going to last until the game :-? 

Archived