If the Jets moved to London would you still be a fan?

joewilly12

If the Jets moved to London would you still be a fan?   

79 members have voted

1. 1. If the Jets moved to London would you still be a fan?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ummmmm Brooklyn Dodgers say otherwise..... 

Actually, as a Dodger fan growing up in Brooklyn, the Dodgers while successful were limited because of the capacity of Ebbets Field but the the City would not provide land in Brooklyn offering O'Malley land in Queens where Shea Stadium was eventually built. Los Angeles offered him not only the land where Dodger stadium was built but also several hundred acres around it making it a very lucrative financial package. 

Ummmmm Brooklyn Dodgers say otherwise..... 

Brooklyn Dodgers weren't drawing, weren't making money.  They needed a stadium and the city wouldn't give them one in Brooklyn, was trying to force them to move to Queens.  

I could never understand the NFL love affair with London. My experience with Europe is that Germany has the biggest "American" football following...Frankfurt Jets? But to answer your question, yes I'll still follow the Jets if they moved to London, Sunday ticket makes it very easy to follow your favorite team.

• 2 months later...

There's an eight hour time difference for west coast games. Their home field advantage would be huge while their road trips would be really tough for them. Taxes are higher in the UK, plus the US charges income tax to its overseas citizens, with some deductions and write offs, but the additional taxes would still be steep on a football player's income.

I'm British (Scottish), so sure, why not.

The only thing that would get me away from this franchise, regardless of where it goes, is something crazy like Glasgow/Edinburgh getting an NFL Franchise.

Then, sorry lads, I'm out.

Edit:  An expansion Richmond VA NFL team would be fun to follow too, but I'd hope for it to be in the NFC to avoid conflicts.  Richmond Generals ftw.

William Wallace is rolling in his grave!

I'm British (Scottish), so sure, why not.

The only thing that would get me away from this franchise, regardless of where it goes, is something crazy like Glasgow/Edinburgh getting an NFL Franchise.

Then, sorry lads, I'm out.

Edit:  An expansion Richmond VA NFL team would be fun to follow too, but I'd hope for it to be in the NFC to avoid conflicts.  Richmond Generals ftw.

Actually I think I'd still root for the Jets if they moved to Glasgow/Edinburgh but not London. 

If the Jets ever move out of state - be it New Jersey or as far away as London - then I'm off the bandwagon.   Oh wait.

The Jets are in the suburbs of NYC they used to be in the suburbs of NYC in Queens. They consider the same city as their city. It's where all our roots, history, and culture derive. It's not the same as moving to another city that considers itself foreign to NY.  If the Jets moved to Albany I would consider that abandonment as well. NYC has almost no ties to NYS but that they take NYCs money.

NYC doesn't technically have a football, or baseball team. They have one hockey team, and one basketball team. 

The Jets are in the suburbs of NYC they used to be in the suburbs of NYC in Queens. They consider the same city as their city. It's where all our roots, history, and culture derive. It's not the same as moving to another city that considers itself foreign to NY.  If the Jets moved to Albany I would consider that abandonment as well. NYC has almost no ties to NYS but that they take NYCs money.

NYC doesn't technically have a football, or baseball team. They have one hockey team, and one basketball team. 

Well that's completely wrong. Manhattan is 1 of 5 boroughs in NYC, not all of it.

The 5 boroughs ARE NYC: Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Da Bronx, Shai-Land, aka Staten Island, aka Dirk McGirk!!

we got an MLS senior tour all star team this year: NYCFC in tha Bronx

NYC has 2 basketball & hockey teams:Knicks/Rangers in Manhattan, Nets/Islanders in Bklyn.

If you want to count Div 1-Aa, we also have Ivy League football mops Columbia Lions playing up in Bakers Field in the Inwood/Dyckman-Uptown Manhattan enclave.

sooooooooo.............you're about as Sho Far from correct that you are just dead wrong. 

The 5 boroughs ARE NYC: Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Da Bronx, Shai-Land, aka Staten Island, aka Dirk McGirk!!

we got an MLS senior tour all star team this year: NYCFC in tha Bronx

NYC has 2 basketball & hockey teams:Knicks/Rangers in Manhattan, Nets/Islanders in Bklyn.

If you want to count Div 1-Aa, we also have Ivy League football mops Columbia Lions playing up in Bakers Field in the Inwood/Dyckman-Uptown Manhattan enclave.

sooooooooo.............you're about as Sho Far from correct that you are just dead wrong. 

the suburbs of NYC are Long Island and Westchester County. 

Dont believe me, just ask Robert Moses yourself or watch Ken Burns' amazing 8 part 17 1/2 hour Documentary film New York. 

Watch it, you'll thank me. But more importantly, you will  finally understand the municipal boundaries of NYC And that we do have all the professional sports physically represented in the city except for American Football. 

If you send something to 1 E. 161st st NY NY it's not going to Yankee stadium

That's a pretty horrific way to try to make a point.

Considering that the address above does not exist, it absolutely would get it The Stadium if you got the zip code correct. The post office would likely assume that you're simply unaware of that. 

New York City consists of five counties - New York (Manhattan), Kings (Brooklyn), Bronx, Richmond (Staten Island) and Queens.

It's usually best to not try to assert yourself as an expert when you have almost none of the correct information.

the suburbs of NYC are Long Island and Westchester County. 

Dont believe me, just ask Robert Moses yourself or watch Ken Burns' amazing 8 part 17 1/2 hour Documentary film New York. 

Watch it, you'll thank me. But more importantly, you will  finally understand the municipal boundaries of NYC And that we do have all the professional sports physically represented in the city except for American Football. 

I love the documentary.  You basically know everything there is to know about NYC history after watching that.

That's a pretty horrific way to try to make a point.

Considering that the address above does not exist, it absolutely would get it The Stadium if you got the zip code correct. The post office would likely assume that you're simply unaware of that. 

New York City consists of five counties - New York (Manhattan), Kings (Brooklyn), Bronx, Richmond (Staten Island) and Queens.

It's usually best to not try to assert yourself as an expert when you have almost none of the correct information.

when he posted that, I was going to reply in the same vain as you, but realized why waste time when it's rather evident he has no idea what he is talking about.

Well that's completely wrong. Manhattan is 1 of 5 boroughs in NYC, not all of it.

I never lived in any of the boroughs. But knew someone who lived in Brooklyn. I was in his house one night and he said to his wife that tomorrow he needed to go into New York. I asked him what he meant, he was IN NY right now. He said something like "Nah, this isn't NY." Since then, I have had the impression that those who live in the city do in fact think of Manhattan as if it were NYC, and ALL of NYC.

Go figure.

I never lived in any of the boroughs. But knew someone who lived in Brooklyn. I was in his house one night and he said to his wife that tomorrow he needed to go into New York. I asked him what he meant, he was IN NY right now. He said something like "Nah, this isn't NY." Since then, I have had the impression that those who live in the city do in fact think of Manhattan as if it were NYC, and ALL of NYC.

Go figure.

I lived in Manhattan for several years and in the area for 40. Most people I know make reference to "The City", which usually means the island of Manhattan. But if you spoke of New Yorkers, it usually meant anyone from any of the 5 (with Staten Island kind of iffy, but counted nonetheless).

No. And it would be one of those free moments you can't get your balls busted by friends for switching teams. 

I I switched from the NY Yankees in 1999 to the SF Giants and still 16 seasons later they say I should never have switched teams. I think I made the right move....as of late. 

Archived