Biggest Disappointment with 2-1 start?

Jetster

It's easy to say, "hey, we're 2-1 what are you complaining about", but honestly, this team should be 3-0. My biggest disappointment is the Oline as a whole.

We brought in a million guards & still ended up starting a Steeler cast off from 2 years ago in Colon. Carpenter has actually been pretty solid but Mangold has been shaky playing against some pretty pedestrian players. This guys turned some nobody named Bair into a star last week (guy had 4 pass knockdowns) and blew up our inside rain game on numerous occasions knocking Mangold into the backfield. 

If we can't maintain a semblance of a running game we can't win with Fitzpatrick throwing 50 times a game, at that point it's a NO BRAINER to see if Geno can use his arm & running ability to back off the defense. I've already stated that I'm no Geno lover but until the dude fails playing with ACTUAL NFL WRs in this new Chan Gailey offense everything is conjecture on these boards.

I actually feel that the way the game went on Sunday, Geno would have had a better chance at success, there were at least 3 times in that game when Fitz needed to run from pressure but was quickly tripped up. Geno would have easily gotten by the LOS & then it's upfield for god knows what kind of yardage.

As Jets fans we're always caught between a rock & a hard place with our QB situation. Constantly running in place with no real optimism for the future at the position but you hope that your play in the trenches can be the equalizer. Last week was really easy to see what went wrong, we couldn't run the ball & on defense we gave up WAY TO MANY, 4/5/6 yard runs on 1st down in the 1st half. The defense adjusted in the 2nd half, the Oline had problems for 60 minutes. That needs to change in London.

Too easy to take this the Fitz/Geno route and there are plenty of threads for that.  So I'll say Decker.  Guy is awesome but beginning to worry that he just can't stay healthy.  Offense takes a big hit when he's not out there and as of now, it seems we'd be lucky to have him healthy 50% of the time.

Just point to Week 3.

No Ivory, no Decker, bad defense in first half and bad special teams play.

Yeah, Fitz threw some picks but Decker and Ivory's absence contributed to that.

I would put Fitz on the bottom of the scapegoat list.

Imagine how tough it woulda been for Fitz w/o Decker and Marshall.

No QB could be expected to play well in a scenario like that...  right?

Come out and beat the Dolphins and we are 3-1, great place to start. Get our bye , get some players healthier and get Sheldon Richardson back, who IMO is our best player on the DL, yes better than Wilkerson. 

3-1 coming off the bye to play the Redskins at home, should move to 4-1 when we play the Patriots. We are lucky we don't really play any elite QBs this season. Our schedule isn't that tough. 

I wonder how much the new blocking schemes have to do with the way the O line looks. We're giving every other area some time to jell and get up to snuff with a little understanding. I think the O line may be in it's infancy stage of what they need to do and who they will be as a unit, We also added a LG which may have some impact as well. 

I'm surely trying to find a "reason" for probably my favorite Jet in Nick Mangold to be playing less dominantly than in the past, but seriously, It's not like they are all used to the scheme and each other. Maybe that has something to do with it. 

Just point to Week 3.

No Ivory, no Decker, bad defense in first half and bad special teams play.

Yeah, Fitz threw some picks but Decker and Ivory's absence contributed to that.

I would put Fitz on the bottom of the scapegoat list.

Does that mean Boles didn't have them ready to play??

Does that mean Boles didn't have them ready to play??

It very well could mean that. We've come out flat in every game so far. There has to be a reason for that. Slow and steady is great, slow and getting taken advantage of is not. 

Even in the Cleveland game we were really getting out played even a little after the endzone fumble we retrieved. 

What's to be disappointed about? We're 2-1. Marshall is a real #1 WR. The new secondary is as advertised. Leonard looks like a promising future stud. Harris is playing up to his new contract. Bowles looks like the real deal. Fitz ain't Aaron Rogers but I never expected that he would be.

A victory tomorrow is coming!!!

Obviously the hot topic is Geno/Fitz but I have been a little disappointed in the offense overall on two fronts other than QB.

1.Super conservative play calling. Yes, Fit threw 50 times last week, but the super conservative play calling contributed to us being far enough behind to force that.

2. Too little variety in formations, Seems like we are running heavy, 3 wide and empty would like to see more creativity there.

Fitz will rarely, if ever, throw us back into a game like we were forced to try and do last week. Neither will Geno.

We couldn't run the ball last week and got behind by more than two scores. That has always been our recipe for an L due to not having an upper echelon QB.

No different than the majority of the NFL.  I'll be happy with 3-1 should we win tomorrow.

the over reactions and bizarre need to start labeling each other as haters or apologists

The part of the Jets fan base that drives me crazy.

And while thread idea isn't a problem, listing the OL is just dumb.

Disappointment?  The play and use and lacking talent at the TE position due to injuries.

Geno getting hurt.

Decker and Ivory being out last week which probably would have helped.

Mauldin and Reilly being hurt at a position where we really need an infusion of youthful talent to boost pass rushing at OLB, looking forward to seeing Mauldin grow.

Everything else looks pretty damn good!  .... so far

Another point on the OL

We Jets fans haven't been able to benefit from a dynamic passing attack and top half of the league QB play to take pressure off of the OL.

Does anybody really believe the Pats OL with multiple rookies this year are good without the presence of Brady and of course the Pats cheating to keep defenses off balance?

A balanced offensive attack does wonders for OL performance. 

The Jets have plenty of talent and established players on the OL, it is probably a very strong OL compared to the rest of the league.

With a top 15 QB it's that much better!!!

My biggest disappointment with a 2-1 start is that it validated our concerns we still have a conundrum at QB that we already knew after the 2015 draft: no Stud QB who is READY NOW that can carry the team when the chips are down to gloriously ride off with victory into the tequila sunrise horizon on a unicorn Pegasus, ie. Aaaron Rodgers. 

Archived