****Official Jets vs. Dolphins London Game Day Thread****

AFJF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then he throws a TD pass to Decker...on the wrong shoulder but Ill take it.  He is what he is...but as long as we win, Ill take it.  If you told me before the season we'd be 3-1 at the bye, 3-0 in the AFC, and 1-0 in the AFC East...I would have taken it happily.  We're on track.

Oh, I'll definitely take it. And against a pushover like Miami these things probably won't matter in the end.

But while this 20-7 lead will probably stand (or expand), the reality is even with those PI calls we should be up in the 35-7 neighborhood which will stand without any "probably" before it.

But he's had an atrocious half of quarterbacking what has been an impossibly easy game the rest of the team (and coaches) have made for him.

He is 11-19 for 172 yards, 1TD, 0 INT. 

He eventually found Decker in the end zone (identical to the route you've been bitching about) 

And the Jet offense did not need 2.5 turnovers from the Dolphins to get this. In fact, they got 0.

No he didn't "realize" much of anything. It was his primary read and he had a step and a half lead on his man. You could have "realized" that, in real time, if you were the QB. 

My complaints have been more about easy throws he didn't make at all because he didn't see his non-primary read, than "might not make perfect throws" today. He locks in on one target like crazy. The difference is his primary target is open so much more than Jets targets in recent years, because they're just better (and healthy) players, that we get away with it. 

I'm all for getting away with it. And Miami is probably too incompetent to make us pay for a number of Fitzpatrick mistakes in the first half. I'll take that, too.

But he's had an atrocious half of quarterbacking what has been an impossibly easy game the rest of the team (and coaches) have made for him.

yep.  Running game? Check!  Defense domination? Check!   Fitz is making it look harder than it should be.  

I was too harsh on devin smith.  he is so far behind everybody else.  he is still in may trying to pick up the the offense

Chris Ivory might be this teams MVP

decker saved the first half with that one handed catch

now have at least a productive first possession, get it to mid field and pin miami deep at least, and they will be in great shape

100% correct Most  Violent Player.  Not even close.  He ran Suh over like a little girl.

He eventually found Decker in the end zone (identical to the route you've been bitching about) 

And the Jet offense did not need 2.5 turnovers from the Dolphins to get this. In fact, they got 0.

That's what I mean. His stat sheet looks like he's had a decent half. Meanwhile he's misfired or failed to throw at all plenty.

A wide open Smith is a sure TD for a whole lot of QBs. On Fitzpatrick's stat sheet, it shows up as 2 rushing yards and no pass attempt at all. It's still a missed passing TD.

The rest of the team handed him 3 easy TDs. He took one of them and instead of the other 2 we came away with one FG.

It is halftime guys. What are your guys opinion so far of Fitzpatricks performance in relation to starting after the bye? 

Cons: He's inconsistent and during those times inaccurate. He also misses wide open receivers by not seeing them. Fitz completion percentage can somewhat mask the inconsistency if you're looking solely at stats (58%). When Fitz has to go down field he still looks very suspect.

Pros: When Fitz is on he can move an offense. I've seen Fitz 2 weeks in a row set up the Jets for a TD score to end the half which is big either to further solidify a lead or to close the gap. 

I think Fitz has to really pick it up in the 2nd half and win the game in order to solidify the starting position. However, if he still looks inconsistent (against a bad Dolphins team) yet the Jets still pull out a win I believe that the conversation could still be had on whether to pull him or not. Fitz needs to be more consistent with this throws in the intermediate to deep levels if we expect to beat good football teams. 

Have you been watching the game?

I am watching it, we are winning, I didn't turn the game on thismorning expecting Fitzpatrick to be an all pro QB. He is playing good enough that we have a good lead. I also didn't turn the game on thinking that if Fitz makes a few bad throws we will suddenly have an all pro QB to come into the game and relieve him. Lets just relax and be happy that we have a winning record so far this season and a team that can actually bring us to the post season against the weak schedule we are blessed with.

I don't think it is possible to run like that and stay healthy for a season.  Would love to be wrong.

not sure if any of you heard but the bears are quietly shopping Matt Forte the problem ATM is they are asking a bit too much whatever that is. I say pay it LOL that guy makes us a SB contender IMO and would be an awesome check down option the guy is a beast. Tandem of Ivory and Forte would be devastating

I'm sorry but those numbers are incredibly deceptive.  I'd be all for Fitz if he really made me feel like he was better than Geno with this supporting cast and competent coaching, but his play has done everything but that.

We legit might have the worst kick and punt returners in the league. On top of the kick and punt teams, it's just depressing. Throughout everything for so long, despite our faults, STs were such a point of pride for this franchise. Doesn't seem like we've given a sh*t about that since Westhoff retired.

...and misses Devin Smith running wide open again...but some scrubs blame everything on teh rookie that all he does is run open as his QB misses him.  Must feel like he took a step back from the Ohio State QBs...who look terrible this year but all 3 threw to Smith better than Fitz has this year...

Archived