****Official Jets vs. Dolphins London Game Day Thread****

AFJF

He's a pretty bad QB, and pointing at the names of other bad QBs doesn't mean he isn't bad himself. He locks in on his primary target like other bad Jets QBs but he has one of the NFL's better receiving corps to let him get away with it more. And a lot of the hesitancy and locking in on his primary read is probably because he knows it. He can't make a quick decision to go elsewhere downfield because he needs a long windup. So he doesn't bother looking.

The only thing Fitzpatrick hasn't done badly yet is turn it over in the form of a pick or fumble. But even turnovers - bad as they are - don't result in an automatic point differential in favor of the opponent (we might not have scored on a drive anyway, and the other team may not score after getting a turnvoer). Regardless, he's cost us easy points and it doesn't matter if it's failing to make an easy throw or tossing a pick-6.

The rest of this team is firing on all cylinders. If the rest of the team is meh anyway with lots of culprits, like the past few seasons, then who cares? But this is different. This team is a winner with a decent QB. Last week Miami started out with a 27 point deficit before they scored. Should have been similar this week for them. Instead, our QB kept them in the game, and after Miami the snot beat out of them, 2 PI calls and 1 completed pass later they're within 6.

Just because it wasn't showing up on the stat sheet doesn't mean Fitzpatrick wasn't having a terrible game. Because he was having a terrible game and people are overlooking it as though this was efficient but unspectacular game-managing. What's the difference if it's a QB throwing a pick that cost us an insurmountable, permanent lead or a QB failing to throw easy TDs that would have been easy points?

Points are points, and he's responsible for a sh*tload of them being off the Jets' scoreboard.

tl;dr

I gave you rep anyway, because I just assume you're right.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good for Stacy.  He wanted that end zone.  Good for the kid.  Is Suh dead and they ain't telling nobody nuttin?

must be. I wouldn't give winter all the credit on that one play. Sun has sucked all season so far. If he keeps this up, it may be one of the worst FA signings in a long time. That was a BIG deal they gave him. 101 Mill for one sack and barely any pressure?

That's what I mean. His stat sheet looks like he's had a decent half. Meanwhile he's misfired or failed to throw at all plenty.

A wide open Smith is a sure TD for a whole lot of QBs. On Fitzpatrick's stat sheet, it shows up as 2 rushing yards and no pass attempt at all. It's still a missed passing TD.

The rest of the team handed him 3 easy TDs. He took one of them and instead of the other 2 we came away with one FG.

I guess you can keep writing this nonsense about the damage Fitz is doing to the team. A few weeks will go by and we'll get another effort like we did against Philly and you'll be vindicated.

Go Jets!

I am watching it, we are winning, I didn't turn the game on thismorning expecting Fitzpatrick to be an all pro QB. He is playing good enough that we have a good lead. I also didn't turn the game on thinking that if Fitz makes a few bad throws we will suddenly have an all pro QB to come into the game and relieve him. Lets just relax and be happy that we have a winning record so far this season and a team that can actually bring us to the post season against the weak schedule we are blessed with.

Thank you, seriously, thank you. For showing that there are still some Jets fans with brains. I was really starting to question this.

Archived