Fitz first half

BowlesMovement

I think Geno is an unknown...where as Fitz is a known quantity to me.    That's likely where we disagree --- no matter how good the D is (and I don't dispute the potential of this defense) you're going to, at some point, need a QB that can make big plays..take control of a game.

We have different opinions on Fitz's potential, but I just want people to understand that point many of us are making.   I don't think Fitz has been bad and don't think he "stinks" just don't think we can win a championship with him (and I do believe we have championship level talent everywhere else)

So bring in Geno and see if he's taken that next step.

So we're currently one of the top teams in the AFC and you want to change QBs for an "unknown" who has played like crap his past two years.

Makes so much sense.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3-1 is not the time to experiment and see if Geno has improved.  He's not an unknown product.  He's a known terrible product that, if put under center, we are simply going to have blind hope that maybe he improved.

Fitz would have done no better than Geno, and probably worse, if he had Geno's receivers the last two years.  Don't say Geno is a known quantity-his best receiver the past two years was Kerley, and Kerley can barely crack the lineup these days.  The guys Fitz is throwing to convert interceptions into first downs near the goal line.

Fitz would have done no better than Geno, and probably worse, if he had Geno's receivers the last two years.  Don't say Geno is a known quantity-his best receiver the past two years was Kerley, and Kerley can barely crack the lineup these days.  The guys Fitz is throwing to turn interceptions into first downs near the goal line.

LOL

Fitz would have done no better than Geno, and probably worse, if he had Geno's receivers the last two years.  Don't say Geno is a known quantity-his best receiver the past two years was Kerley, and Kerley can barely crack the lineup these days.  The guys Fitz is throwing to convert interceptions into first downs near the goal line.

Oh gee, now here's a unique, original take no one has mentioned already.  Did Geno's receivers make him fumble behind the back?  Do Geno's receivers make him wildly overthrow them or toss hail mary's out of bounds?  Do Geno's receivers cause him to consistently throw into triple coverage, particularly in the red zone to directly take points off the board?  Do his receivers make him sulk on the sidelines and be the exact opposite of a leader?  Just stop, please. 

Until he proves otherwise he is worse than Fitz.  It's fairly simple.  We don't know what Fitz would have done with the last 2 years' Jet teams.  But we do know we're 3-1 (4th best record in the AFC) with him under center.  This after being called a "career loser" over and over on this board. 

It is simple indeed.  Geno with a present day benchwarmer as his star receiver puts up over 3,000 yards against NFL competition.  Unless you want to take the position that the quality of the receiver, be it benchwarmer quality or Pro Bowl quality-makes no difference to an offense because the QB is the whole show, then Geno will do much, much better throwing to Marhshall and a healthy Decker. Fitz had Pro Bowl quality receivers when he got here, and his ass is being bailed out by them.

It is simple indeed.  Geno with a present day benchwarmer as his star receiver puts up over 3,000 yards against NFL competition.  Unless you want to take the position that the quality of the receiver, be it benchwarmer quality or Pro Bowl quality-makes no difference to an offense because the QB is the whole show, then Geno will do much, much better throwing to Marhshall and a healthy Decker. Fitz had Pro Bowl quality receivers when he got here, and his ass is being bailed out by them.

It's not simple if it's never happened before.  And 3,000 yards isn't impressive anymore for a QB.  How many turnovers would he have by now, 11? 

It's hilarious that all of a sudden people who support Fitz all of a sudden are being accused of making him out to be an elite option.  He's not.  He's not even good.  It's just that people who want Geno under center somehow take the last 2 years of his play, turn them into something they're not, then put unrealistic projections on what he'd do now that he's in a "real offense".  Let's be realistic here.  A guy who was the 38th ranked QB last year isn't suddenly going to be a top 20 QB all of a sudden because of improved talent and coaching around him.  Which is exactly what he'd have to be to be better than Fitz.

we aren't changing but Fitz needs to play a lot better.

That's not what was said above. At least one poster was calling for a change.

But to your point...

Fitzpatrick had the second best QBR in the AFC this week. Let's have some realistic expectations here.

Obviously we can always point out opportunities where the play could have been better but the same could be said for any player any week. This is probably the best stretch of four games Fitzpatrick has ever played and right now we are one of the top teams in the league. He has earned some slack and certainly earned holding the spot for the foreseeable future.

3-1 is not the time to experiment and see if Geno has improved.  He's not an unknown product.  He's a known terrible product that, if put under center, we are simply going to have blind hope that maybe he improved.

We're going to continue to disagree with this..I understand it would be almost impossible to start Geno at this point - but they should.

Again, it seems most of you are happy with a wildcard and out....I'm not.  I would rather take a chance and see what Geno has with these weapons, OC and another off-season under his belt...than stick with a QB that has no chance of winning you a Super Bowl or being the future of the franchise.

We're going to continue to disagree with this..I understand it would be almost impossible to start Geno at this point - but they should.

Again, it seems most of you are happy with a wildcard and out....I'm not.  I would rather take a chance and see what Geno has with these weapons, OC and another off-season under his belt...than stick with a QB that has no chance of winning you a Super Bowl or being the future of the franchise.

It is far more likely that Geno would currently have us at 1-3 than it is likely that his ceiling is so high that we can anticipate BETTER than what we've gotten so far.  We were never more than a Wild Card team regardless of which QB we picked.  But facts are facts.  Fitz has us at 3-1.  Not only won't we switch, but we should NOT be thinking about making the switch until we stumble.

And 3,000 yards isn't impressive anymore for a QB.  How many turnovers would he have by now, 11? 

3.000 years isn't impressive if you are throwing to frontline NFL quality starters.  But that has not been the case with Geno, has it?  Quarterbacks and receivers have to have a rapport, so they raise each other's level.  Receivers have to make some good plays on bad balls, then quarterbacks have to come back and make great throws to receivers who are covered well. If your partners in this are not good quality receivers, (actually Kerley is OK, just not a star), the play is going to suffer.  I'm seeing Marshall and a healthy Decker making plays on badly thrown balls from Fitz all the time, and I know and you know that if he was throwing to the people Geno had, those passes don't get completed.  Assuming the receiver was open in the first place, which is unlikely. 

That's not what was said above. At least one poster was calling for a change.

But to your point...

Fitzpatrick had the second best QBR in the AFC this week. Let's have some realistic expectations here.

Obviously we can always point out opportunities where the play could have been better but the same could be said for any player any week. This is probably the best stretch of four games Fitzpatrick has ever played and right now we are one of the top teams in the league. He has earned some slack and certainly earned holding the spot for the foreseeable future.

QBR is meaningless, he was not good yesterday outside of those nice scrambles but to win we will need more than scrambling.

best stretch? he was ok at best week 1, bad weeks 2-4.  if this was his best stretch we have no shot going forward when the sched gets tougher.

It is far more likely that Geno would currently have us at 1-3 than it is likely that his ceiling is so high that we can anticipate BETTER than what we've gotten so far.  We were never more than a Wild Card team regardless of which QB we picked.  But facts are facts.  Fitz has us at 3-1.  Not only won't we switch, but we should NOT be thinking about making the switch until we stumble.

there's a better chance we'd be 4-0 w/ Geno than 1-3.

yeah, again, not really.

Unlike you, I constantly refine and adjust my position based on what I see.

I thought the first 3 games Gailey called bad games, and I called it like I saw it. I particularly thought the Eagles game plan sucked. I was luke warm on the Bowles hiring, did not like the fact that he chose Gailey as his OC from day one.

Yesterday Gailey called a far better game, and I give Bowles credit for that. I see it as him making the adjustments that need to be made, and so far, 1/4 of the way through the first season in his tenure, I am gaining confidence in him. Is that legal?

I could care less if Fitzpatrick gets criticized, I criticize him plenty, but I also don't make agenda driven statements about him. I love Marshall, but yet think he killed them last week, is that legal?

I think a Pro Geno agenda is wrong, sorry, but I do. I think he is not the long term answer for the Jets, and the sooner the franchise realizes that, the better off it will be. Wasting time with QB's who are not franchise capable is a killer, it kills coaches, it kills seasons. I think this team can get into the playoffs this year with either QB, because there is enough talent around the QB to overcome either of their bad deficiencies. But I call out a bad agenda when I see one, is that legal?

How dare you criticize Gailey. You should support him because it's him or no one. What do you want, for Paul Hackett to come back? Or maybe you're a Hackett-lover. You must be. You made a whole thread taking a swipe at Gailey, which as we now know is the same as a swipe against Bowles who deserves our benefit of the doubt. 

How dare you criticize Gailey. You should support him because it's him or no one. What do you want, for Paul Hackett to come back? Or maybe you're a Hackett-lover. You must be. You made a whole thread taking a swipe at Gailey, which as we now know is the same as a swipe against Bowles who deserves our benefit of the doubt. 

I-SEE-WHAT-YOU-DID-THERE.jpg

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, k

Fitz has never helped a team win more than 6 games in a season, to say Geno is more of an unknown and that Fitz could help us win a championships isn't being fair.

well we are 4 wins away from the laws of physics being broken and Fitz winning 7 games in 1 season

and u know this how?

I don't know it any more than someone who says we'd be 1-3 or 2-2 w/ geno but QB play hasn't ben one of the reasons we are 3-1 and the QB killed us vs. philly and kept Indy and Miami in games that we should have won by 3 TDs at least.

Archived