A few things that are really pissing me off....

ARodJetsFan

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only important thing right now is that we're 3-1, and while preseason I wasn't a fan of the 'early' bye week, I have to admit it's come at a pretty opportune time as this season has unfolded.  We have a LOT of guys with various nicks/bruises that can use a few weeks to heal...esp Revis, Cro and Ivory not to mention Harris, Powell and Williams.  Plus we get Sheldon back.

Fitz is what he is...good enough to win a game, but not one that's gonna carry you across the finish line by himself; that's OK at this point and subbing Geno for a reason other than bad play or a string of losses/injury is not a good idea IMO.

We'll get killed for SOJF mentality and "crying" after a win but the Jets only have one formula to win - dominate on D and run it down their throats.

If this team gets behind like we saw in Philly then the game is over - Fitzy can get us to the playoffs which is gret, maybe we should be happy with that but he will never get us all the way....maybe Geno wouldn't either, in fact probably not but do you make the change for the possibility - do you dare to TRY to be great?  I'd like to see it personally.  But if I was HC of the NYJ I realistically don't think you can do it.  If it didn't work out it'd be suicide, honestly.

I've had it up to the heavens with Fitzpatrick, but we're not going to see the switch just yet.  I do believe he's on an incredibly short leash however.

Are these guys complaining the same people that complained that Fitz never won more than 7 games?

If so than at 3-1 I'd say Fitz is a winner now.

For some reason winning percentage seem only seems applicable when it suits their argument.

Fitz is exactly who I said he was. Just below average. Somewhere in the third tier of QBs (16-22) Better than 33-40 like Geno/Sanchez

With Marshall, Decker, Ivory, and this defense we can play with anyone as long as we avoid pick 6s, and 3 and outs.

Every pick Fitz has thrown has been deep down the sideline. Totally acceptable risk, and it still stretches the field. If you can't see the difference between that and a pick in the flat I can't help you.

Fitzpatrick needs to take better care of the football.....his passes have been inaccurate at best and not just the long balls....although he did connect on that one long ball today, it was still underthrown. His passing was sloppy today - he could have easily had one or two more picks in his stat line today if the Dolphins defenders could catch the ball.  He needs to work on his decision making and his passing accuracy.

Special teams are a disaster - I am sorry, but Nick Folk is not a long term answer at kicker - he misses too many kicks and does not have enough leg to kick touchbacks consistently. You can't keep leaving points on the field - in a close game, a missed FG can be the difference. I didn't like the signing when they extended Folk and I still don't.

I would love to find and upgrade for Quigley at punter - he has not had very much leg on his punts and his directional kicking is non-existent.

The Jets needs to find a way to get Walter Powell onto the active roster. The kid has good hands, he would give the Jets a nice option as 3rd or 4th WR - he would also be a big upgrade at KR &PR - Kerley is not the answer as a PR. 

Devin Smith looks lost out there, clearly he and Fitzpatrick are NOT on the same page. I would have no problem letting Walter Powell take Smith's spot on the active roster. The Smith gave up on that interception when he got knocked down - foul or not was embarrassing.

Conservative play-calling with a lead. THIS FRUSTRATES ME THE MOST.

I don't like the way this coaching staff gets comatose with the play calling every time we get out to a lead. Good teams like the Patriots will eat you alive with that kind of coaching mentality.

PENALTIES - way too many of them and again, that falls on the coaching staff. They need to clean that up and quickly.

Yes the O-Line looked great, we ran the ball well and Chris Ivory was a beast - just to state the obvious.

Brandon Marshall started the game well had a good game - but where did he go in the 2nd half? Seemed like he disappeared.

I'd just like to see this team play a complete game in all phases from start to finish.

A divisional win is a divisional win, I'll take it - but this was a SLOPPY GAME.

really don't understand all the bitching after wins.  the game was WELL in hand.  being up 27-7 isn't anything to whine about - and calling it a sloppy game.

i agree Fitz isn't being very accurate.  that being said, the INT he was charged with was an obvious pass interference call.  complete BS that no call was made.

i agree Quigley needs to be improved on.  

i agree Powell was a flashy KR/PR in the preseason, but he's on the practice squad for a reason.  and no other team jumping to sign him kind of shows you that he's there for a reason.

being up 27-7 is going to adjust your play calling.  what do you want to do, throw the ball the whole second half?

i still don't get the hate for Folk.  he's been pretty clutch for us.

Are these guys complaining the same people that complained that Fitz never won more than 7 games?

If so than at 3-1 I'd say Fitz is a winner now.

For some reason winning percentage seem only seems applicable when it suits their argument.

Fitz is exactly who I said he was. Just below average. Somewhere in the third tier of QBs (16-22) Better than 33-40 like Geno/Sanchez

With Marshall, Decker, Ivory, and this defense we can play with anyone as long as we avoid pick 6s, and 3 and outs.

Every pick Fitz has thrown has been deep down the sideline. Totally acceptable risk, and it still stretches the field. If you can't see the difference between that and a pick in the flat I can't help you.

The pick when Smith was knocked down by the DB today was a bit questionable was it not??

The pick when Smith was knocked down by the DB today was a bit questionable was it not??

Going to rewind that and go thru it a few times -  when it first happened the PI looked blatant and for sure.

Everyone was hollering about the injustice - including the announcers - after they showed a single short replay it kinda looked like Smith got tripped up on himself and all discussion just dropped.

The amount of negativity is stunning. We're 3-1 dude. Chill out.

Nick Folk has not missed a PAT this season as you claim. He has missed 2 field goals this season. That is about the only thing you have to go on if you want to believe he sucks. You don't have last year, because last year is evidence that he's a good kicker. You don't have the year before that as evidence, because the year before that is evidence that he's a good kicker. So basically, you are just looking for reasons to complain IMO.

The amount of negativity is stunning. We're 3-1 dude. Chill out.

Nick Folk has not missed a PAT this season as you claim. He has missed 2 field goals this season. That is about the only thing you have to go on if you want to believe he sucks. You don't have last year, because last year is evidence that he's a good kicker. You don't have the year before that as evidence, because the year before that is evidence that he's a good kicker. So basically, you are just looking for reasons to complain IMO.

He missed a long fg that would have beat the Pats last year..LOL But yeah Folk is good..

Apparently the author I has not watched what is going on / has gone on with kickers in the first 4 weeks. Folk is a great kicker compared to the trash that has already been cut and will be cut in the coming weeks. Quigly sucks, I would go out and sign Weatherford today.

I am concerned about our secondary, Each guy looks to have lost a step, way too many PI penalties today. QB has been beaten to death, we will go nowhere with what is on the roster today.

All in all 3-1, could not have asked for a better start, although we have this annoying habit of making blowout games far too close at the end.

As i read the first post i couldnt help but think the guy who posted this thread was a 5 year old who is still breast feeding. i mean i know we are all here to complain but what a whiner. This is football. 

Fitz is what he is and if your one of the people who has not realized his faults than catch up. Hes a veteran not a young qb like Geno who can be molded.

Devin Smith is a rookie, one his has missed considerable time on top of that. 

i think the jets have been generally good in regards to penalties, this game seems to be more outlier than common trend.

Special teams needs to step up, Quigley is only player i think Jets should look into replacing. Steve Weatherford is free? 

!! Devin Smith and Fitz are not on the same page with two games worth of experience togeather? we definatly need to cut them both and replace them with all pros!...give the kid some time players don't get better by not playing. The Jets are 3-1...people need to cut the crap with all the knit picking and just be happy for once, that would be wonderful.

!! Devin Smith and Fitz are not on the same page with two games worth of experience togeather? we definatly need to cut them both and replace them with all pros!...give the kid some time players don't get better by not playing. The Jets are 3-1...people need to cut the crap with all the knit picking and just be happy for once, that would be wonderful.

I totally agree.

We're 3-1, half a game behind the Pats.

The team is playing well, solid defense, running game clicking, tremendous leadership from the quarterback position.

It's a good time to be a Jets fan!

Why take the joy from fans that live to bitch?? LOL  Like someone once said;Jet fans could go to a orgy loaded with beautiful women and complain about the wine..:)

I am very glad to be 3-1 Fish.

But, there are areas on this team that can easily be improved - I can see it plain as day.

It would be nice to see the coaching staff & front office would do something about it.

The coaching staff and FO have been churning the bottom of the roster constantly (hello Dion Bailey). You say "easily can be improved"..... Oh really? There's QBs on the street better than Fitz? Really? There's kickers better than Folk on the street? Really? Scobee is free. Punters? Really? Weatherford, the guy people here like to blow yet statistically was worse than Quigley at pretty much everything? Please share these easy fixes, I'm really excited to hear!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you know what really pisses me off ?

that neighbor kid with the mustang who thinks he's cool so he sits in it and plays the stereo without going anywhere

wtf ?

Had that issue with a cousin 's kid that lived next to my mom. House actually vibrated. Had to go out and tell the kid to shut it down or I would. After a few words I was told I wouldn't dare. Told the kid to go inside and ask his father what I would do and that. ended it.

Top things that pissed me off about today's game:

1 The Referees: Those two huge pass interference penalties that gifted Miami a TD, both of those balls were uncatchable and there was barely any contact. The calls reeked of the NFL whispering to the refs to call a tighter game to make it more competitive for the London audience. 

2 Devin Smith: It seems like he is running completely incoherent routes because he and Fitz are clearly not on the same page. Also that Fitz interception play.. it looked like Smith flopped in order to try and get a call rather than fight for the ball and tackle the CB after the pick. 

3: Special Teams: Punt it out of bounds! Jarvis Landry had a field day when it came to returns, it felt like he could score every time. Just punt it out of bounds! The punt coverage team worries me a lot, I don't have much confidence in them. Also, why can't we just kick out the back of the end zone on kickoffs? Is Folk not strong enough? Make them go 80 yards every time. When we let them return it, we are only pushing them back 10 yards or less, and more often than not they get past the 20 or we risk a long return. 

Why do you think Fitz is on a short leash?

Because of all the comments Todd Bowles has made about how disappointed he is in Fitz's play.  Oh....wait....I'm being told that it is actually based on comments by a bunch of blowhards on a Jets message board.  But basically the same thing.

Archived