A few things that are really pissing me off....

ARodJetsFan

Fitzpatrick needs to take better care of the football.....his passes have been inaccurate at best and not just the long balls....although he did connect on that one long ball today, it was still underthrown. His passing was sloppy today - he could have easily had one or two more picks in his stat line today if the Dolphins defenders could catch the ball.  He needs to work on his decision making and his passing accuracy.

Special teams are a disaster - I am sorry, but Nick Folk is not a long term answer at kicker - he misses too many kicks and does not have enough leg to kick touchbacks consistently. You can't keep leaving points on the field - in a close game, a missed FG can be the difference. I didn't like the signing when they extended Folk and I still don't.

I would love to find and upgrade for Quigley at punter - he has not had very much leg on his punts and his directional kicking is non-existent.

The Jets needs to find a way to get Walter Powell onto the active roster. The kid has good hands, he would give the Jets a nice option as 3rd or 4th WR - he would also be a big upgrade at KR &PR - Kerley is not the answer as a PR. 

Devin Smith looks lost out there, clearly he and Fitzpatrick are NOT on the same page. I would have no problem letting Walter Powell take Smith's spot on the active roster. The Smith gave up on that interception when he got knocked down - foul or not was embarrassing.

Conservative play-calling with a lead. THIS FRUSTRATES ME THE MOST.

I don't like the way this coaching staff gets comatose with the play calling every time we get out to a lead. Good teams like the Patriots will eat you alive with that kind of coaching mentality.

PENALTIES - way too many of them and again, that falls on the coaching staff. They need to clean that up and quickly.

Yes the O-Line looked great, we ran the ball well and Chris Ivory was a beast - just to state the obvious.

Brandon Marshall started the game well had a good game - but where did he go in the 2nd half? Seemed like he disappeared.

I'd just like to see this team play a complete game in all phases from start to finish.

A divisional win is a divisional win, I'll take it - but this was a SLOPPY GAME.

Great observations on the special teams. April is a pretty well regarded coordinator I thought. Not what I expected this year. Kerley looks so slow back there as a returned. I think Mangold would be an upgrade speed wise.

Taking Smiths roster spot for a no name returner??? He's a top 40 draft pick. That's absurd. He missed all of camp. Give him more than 8 quarters and a few practices to get his rhythm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fitzpatrick needs to take better care of the football.....his passes have been inaccurate at best and not just the long balls....although he did connect on that one long ball today, it was still underthrown. His passing was sloppy today - he could have easily had one or two more picks in his stat line today if the Dolphins defenders could catch the ball.  He needs to work on his decision making and his passing accuracy.

Special teams are a disaster - I am sorry, but Nick Folk is not a long term answer at kicker - he misses too many kicks and does not have enough leg to kick touchbacks consistently. You can't keep leaving points on the field - in a close game, a missed FG can be the difference. I didn't like the signing when they extended Folk and I still don't.

I would love to find and upgrade for Quigley at punter - he has not had very much leg on his punts and his directional kicking is non-existent.

The Jets needs to find a way to get Walter Powell onto the active roster. The kid has good hands, he would give the Jets a nice option as 3rd or 4th WR - he would also be a big upgrade at KR &PR - Kerley is not the answer as a PR. 

Devin Smith looks lost out there, clearly he and Fitzpatrick are NOT on the same page. I would have no problem letting Walter Powell take Smith's spot on the active roster. The Smith gave up on that interception when he got knocked down - foul or not was embarrassing.

I don't like the way this coaching staff gets comatose with the play calling every time we get out to a lead. Good teams like the Patriots will eat you alive with that kind of coaching mentality.

PENALTIES - way too many of them and again, that falls on the coaching staff. They need to clean that up and quickly.

Yes the O-Line looked great, we ran the ball well and Chris Ivory was a beast - just to state the obvious.

Brandon Marshall started the game well had a good game - but where did he go in the 2nd half? Seemed like he disappeared.

I'd just like to see this team play a complete game in all phases from start to finish.

A divisional win is a divisional win, I'll take it - but this was a SLOPPY GAME.

Couldn't agree more. Jets let Indy and Fins in both these games when they should have been both blowouts.  Some good points made by many.  We need a TE, Period. Devin Smith has been a non-factor and hopefully its just a matter of time before he and Fitzy get their timing down.  Kid has been open many times and Fitz continues to miss this his throws to this kid.  Walter Powell needs to be activated. He was killin it on kickoffs in preseason. Kerley and Stacey have done nothing on punts and kickoffs.  We need to upgrade there immediately.  Who the heck is the special teams coach.  Get the guy with the cane back now!         

Why do you think Fitz is on a short leash?

Because despite the fact that we've won I don't think the coaches are as blind as some of the Fitzrimjobbers around here and have seen how putrid his play has been at times.  He isn't turning his career around here.  He isn't going to be like Rich Gannon.  He's not going to be the second coming of Vinny.  He's going to continue being the same mediocre, turnover prone, journeyman JAG that he always has been. The sooner people understand that the better off they'll be.  This won't play out like the Sanchez debacle where he gets way too many games to turn it around.  The second he implodes, that's it.  That is of course if Bowles is the smart coach I think he is. If he comes out and looks like hot garbage against the Redskins and we lose, do you really think Bowles is going to keep going with him?  Especially when he's played like a flaming bag of sh*t when we win and the guy behind him was blowing him out of the water in TC.  Anyone with half a brain should be able to see we're not winning because of Fitzpatrick. We're winning in spite of him

I think Bowles/Rodgers were extremely strategic when it came to the game plan and the penalties.  I don't have the breakdown of how many yards came from PI/Def Holding/Illegal Contact but of the 163 total lets say 100 came in the secondary.  Tannehill was 19-44 for 167 with 1 TD and 2 ints. The guy averages 60+% completions and 240 yds a game over his career. Bowles probably figures if he rushes 4 and sits in coverage that Tannehill would dink and dunk at least as many yds as we gave up via penalty. So he takes a chance and says 1) I've got an all-pro in Revis who probably can get away with some stuff 2) Landry, Stills and Cameron are not Pro Bowl guys and 3) maybe I can get a few extra sacks/pressures/turnovers I wouldn't get if I sat back in coverage.  So he brings the house on 70% of the plays and blitzes a DB 22 times in the game.  

You have to expect there are going to be penalties in the secondary when everybody is in man and your blitzing a DB 22 times. 

People going nuts on the penalties are missing the other side of the strategy.  It created 2 turnovers, 3 sacks for -31 yds and a 43% completion rate from a career 60% QB.  

I saw both this game and the Bills and IMO there is no comparison.  The Bills played with uncontrolled emotion and shot themselves in the foot.  The Jets I feel took a calculated gamble that they'd create more benefits by throwing everyone at Tannehill than by sitting back doubling some of their wide outs and avoiding penalties.

I must say all our specials look terrible, Quigley's punts are weak, the punt coverage team seem to be running in cement. Folk is ok up to 45 yards, then all bets are off. He can't buy a touch back, Kerley's last year as a Jet, I keep wondering why the don't try Devin Smith back there.

I can see us bring a punter for a try out during the bye.

Cmon ARod no need for name calling.

Folk is pretty damn good and he isn't going anywhere.

Fair enough about the name calling Max.

Lets see how many games Folk costs us this year.

Quigley & Folk are 2 weak points on this team that will haunt us all season long.

Book it.

http://forums.jetnation.com/topic/123575-afc-standings-heading-into-the-bye/

There were 18 missed field goals and extra points combined in Week 4, the new rules have made a difference to all kickers

I think the overly conservative play calling should be the priority to fix, agree it is frustrating to watch and with no specials to spark the team, the flow of the game really makes a difference, one big play on the other side and Jets are reeling, they have to learn to take a punch and come back, losing to Philly hurt, Jets gave that game away after the kick return for TD

The thing that can't be fixed until after the season is the oline getting old and no real backup to Ivory, seems like he is the key to this offense... (and yes, a franchise QB)  D looks solid, and should be for the next couple of years...

Very happy at 3-1 going into the bye

Fair enough about the name calling Max.

Lets see how many games Folk costs us this year.

Quigley & Folk are 2 weak points on this team that will haunt us all season long.

Book it.

I think there is a shot that Quigley could be gone soon. They have to make changes to the punt team, the punt coverage has been terrible.

Why not start with the punter? It is a little bit easier to swap out one guy instead of finding a new coverage team at this point.

One thing that's had me wondering is why did Dexter McDougle make the team ? I don't think he plays special teams, he's never in the game, and you always see him on the sidelines all up in Revis jockstrap

The site I check doesn't have the stats for this week, but through week 3 he'd played 23 snaps, all on specials.  That is about 30% of special teams snaps.  He has seemed fairly invisible.  The fact he doesn't seem to get much run with Walls out is probably concerning, but Williams has looked very good and I don't think Walls played any defensive snaps either.

Yes. Arm strength for the Deep ball is Penningtonesque. Would like to see better mid-range throws. 

Alot of teams seem to be having kicking issues. I wonder if the change in distance on the XP's are playing with their heads a bit. I like Folk though, he had been very solid for us for almost five years.

Yes

Smith missed most of training camp because of the ribs. He will improve and give the Jets their best deep ball threat since Wesley Walker.

I thought that with the Indy game. They let them hang around. Yesterday was a day that the Jets could run the ball at will against the Fish. No issues there for me

Major problem all around the league

Didn't really need him. The Jets were able to pound the rock.

The Jets still have a long way to go. I love the idea of Fitz or Geno being able to throw to Marshall, Decker, Smith, Kerley, Owusu, and Enuwa. Ivory running the ball and a complete defense (DL, LB, Secondary).

The circus is outta town and has been replaced by a group more interested in winning football games then generating back page headlines.

For the first time in almost 4 years I am enjoying going out and watching this team play.

There is nothing wrong with Folk and no FA kicker available who would be even nearly as good.  You lost credibility on that point IMO.

Devin Smith is a rookie who missed most of training camp.  I don't expect him to be playing with veteran-like savvy yet.  Give him a few weeks.  For now, as long as Decker is healthy, Smith is a luxury. 

Agreed on Quigley.  He seems to be a disaster in the making on almost every punt.  Not sure how much of it is coverage but there is a big problem to address.

As for penalties, that was a weird game.  They called a ton of PIs on the Jets, and while some were legit, some were ticky-tack or worse.  Then the non-call on Smith.  It felt a lot like there was a secret mandate to keep the game close but once it got late in the 4th quarter, they seemed to decide to swing the bias back over our way.  I know...black helicopters. 

Agree with you about Folk and Smith.

Last time I looked the don't sell Punters at Modells.

No excuse for that many penalties. Got to clean that up.

Great win! 3-1! Woot!

Because despite the fact that we've won I don't think the coaches are as blind as some of the Fitzrimjobbers around here and have seen how putrid his play has been at times.  He isn't turning his career around here.  He isn't going to be like Rich Gannon.  He's not going to be the second coming of Vinny.  He's going to continue being the same mediocre, turnover prone, journeyman JAG that he always has been. The sooner people understand that the better off they'll be.  This won't play out like the Sanchez debacle where he gets way too many games to turn it around.  The second he implodes, that's it.  That is of course if Bowles is the smart coach I think he is. If he comes out and looks like hot garbage against the Redskins and we lose, do you really think Bowles is going to keep going with him?  Especially when he's played like a flaming bag of sh*t when we win and the guy behind him was blowing him out of the water in TC.  Anyone with half a brain should be able to see we're not winning because of Fitzpatrick. We're winning in spite of him

You're completely right Fitz won't be any of those guys. Fitz is a jag. But he's better than Geno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived