Rex Ryan thread, week 4 edition

Bruce Harper

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's not just little 5 yard penalties, its 15 yard personal fouls and 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct.  heck, they even pulled that off on 1 play today.  that was a classic rex ryan "shoulda coulda woulda" game

jeanie, did he say in his presser "that ones on me, but I promise we will get it cleaned up"?

The Jets, meanwhile, were the epitome of discipline today, committing only 150+ yards worth of penalties. Thanks Bowles!

at what point did the jets look out of control to you today ?  that is the point here.  the bills were completely out of control for long sequences.  the jets got snagged for pulling a few jersies.  huge difference

The Jets, meanwhile, were the epitome of discipline today, committing only 150+ yards worth of penalties. Thanks Bowles!

I think there is a big difference for in play penalties (like PI , holding) and after the play penalty (like  personal fouls  and unsportsmanlike conduct) Bills had players punching the Giants after the play

Ever play the game? Coaches have a lot to do with the number of penalties committed. It isn't always their fault but they aren't faultless either. Unsportsmanlike conduct penalties in particular.

The only game I have ever played is Settlers of Catan. I'm really good at it tho

The only thing worse than watching FOX NFL broadcast is watching a Giants game- they are literally the teacher's pet of the NFL.  If Eli were to get pummeled like Tyrod Taylor did by Cullen Jenkins do you think those officials would have picked up the flag ?  It's no wonder the Bills look undisciplined when they're playing the most biased officiated team in the league 

I think there is a big difference for in play penalties (like PI , holding) and after the play penalty (like  personal fouls  and unsportsmanlike conduct) Bills had players punching the Giants after the play

Bills have 8 of those...Jets have 5 (1st and 2nd)  Jets haven't been entirely disciplined either.

http://www.footballdb.com/stats/penalties.html?sort=numyds

Yup. Anyone with 2 eyes and half a brain should be able to tell the difference between the two teams today.  The refs had me feeling like a fix was in at certain points.  

Yup. Anyone with 2 eyes and half a brain should be able to tell the difference between the two teams today.  The refs had me feeling like a fix was in at certain points.  

This 100%

Why people tie their hearts into knots attempting to defend Rex at all costs amazes me.  

Was Rex a good HC at times? You better believe he was.   The 8 and 8 record Geno's first year was a miracle based on the Jets talent level.  

Was Rex to lax at times with his team being to undisciplined at times? Yes he was.  He gone now no need to defend his every belch.  

After 17 accepted penalties many of which were unsportsmanlike and personal fouls Rex said this:

“I’m proud of the way this team played,” Ryan said in his postgame press conference. “Can we play a lot smarter? Absolutely. But I’ll take a team that’ll fight over a team that will sit back and take it every day of the week and bring on the next team. Give me a team that’s got some fight and will compete to the very end right, wrong or indifferent no matter how good the officiating is or whatever.”

Ryan said that reporters were free to write what they want, but that “the real deal” wasn’t that the Bills are an undisciplined team.

Holy hell, so glad the buffoon is gone. So sorry for Bills fans.

Archived