Rex Ryan thread, week 4 edition

Bruce Harper

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Ryan, it always looks plausibly decent until it goes to total sheetbox. Which is just around the corner.  QB controversy? Coach at odds with the front office in week 5? 

http://deadspin.com/the-dumbass-buffalo-bills-invented-a-dumbass-quarterbac-1737201344

LOL @ the QB controversy....there surely isn't one. Especially now. 

Ehhhhh, jury is still out on Rex for me. This season depends on who we get back from this mountain of injuries we have. Our schedule gets much easier the rest of the way. We've lost to the two best teams in the AFC who haven't lost a single game, combined. The Giants who are playing really well and will likely win their division. We have lots of guys out.

We can very easily be 5-3 by taking down Jax and Miami at home.

Right now even, the Bills have more or as many wins than 10 other AFC teams. Long way to go. 

I'm not worried. Yet. 

Good post.  I'm no fan of Rex...but they've had a tough schedule so far.  They're 3-3 but lost to likely the two best teams in the AFC.  The Jets have yet to play a team with a winning record.

As a Jet fan right now, it's tough to boast considering who we've played and who they've played.

Bill's are still a good team and going to be in this thing at the end of the year.

Good post.  I'm no fan of Rex...but they've had a tough schedule so far.  They're 3-3 but lost to likely the two best teams in the AFC.  The Jets have yet to play a team with a winning record.

As a Jet fan right now, it's tough to boast considering who we've played and who they've played.

Bill's are still a good team and going to be in this thing at the end of the year.

Exactly Fidelio.   The real test for the Jets will be this Sunday when they play the Patriots.  The Bills have a fairly easy schedule over the next month when playing the Jags, having a bye week, then the Dolphins.    By the time we play the Patriots again,  I hope that Ryan makes some adjustments to the dline scheme and the majority of our injured players should be back.  

Watkins bitching about coaching, Mario Williams bitching about coaching, you can sure as hell bet there are others bitching behind closed doors.

IDK - I'd be worried if I was a Bills fan.  Yeah they played good teams, but this is a team that is supposed to be able to play and beat good teams.  The expectations were not only a playoff team, but a team that was going to win in the postseason.  I know it's early, but I'd still be worried.  If they somehow lay an egg next week in London, things are really going to snowball.

Watkins bitching about coaching, Mario Williams bitching about coaching, you can sure as hell bet there are others bitching behind closed doors.

IDK - I'd be worried if I was a Bills fan.  Yeah they played good teams, but this is a team that is supposed to be able to play and beat good teams.  The expectations were not only a playoff team, but a team that was going to win in the postseason.  I know it's early, but I'd still be worried.  If they somehow lay an egg next week in London, things are really going to snowball.

I'm really not worried at all. Yeah we're supposed to be good, but the loss to New England is nothing. They are one a tear, and the best team in the NFL. Cincy is 6-0 now and will likely be in the AFC title game. I don't think anyone here had AFC title game expectations. Wildcard game is really where we all thought the ceiling was for us, especially considering the questions at QB...

Plus the injuries are really a major factor. We played the Bengals with our backup QB, backup SS, #2 WR, and then by halftime were without our #1 WR, starting RT and a starting DT...I don't really know how we were really supposed to win that game considering the circumstances against a AFC power. Personnel matters.

If they dont beat the JAGS by 14...  REX should be fired on the spot. Based on their schedule..I expect them to still have 9 or 10 wins.

When Rex was hired in Buffalo, with all the press and fans absolutely thrilled beyond belief, I joined their team's message board.  I kept posting that Rex was a fraud and that he would fail as miserably in Buffalo as he did with us.  Needless to say, I was banned after a few posts.  Wonder what those dopes are saying now?  LMFAO.

When Rex was hired in Buffalo, with all the press and fans absolutely thrilled beyond belief, I joined their team's message board.  I kept posting that Rex was a fraud and that he would fail as miserably in Buffalo as he did with us.  Needless to say, I was banned after a few posts.  Wonder what those dopes are saying now?  LMFAO.

I think those who laugh last, laugh loudest.  Just a saying that came to mind when reading your post. 

If they dont beat the JAGS by 14...  REX should be fired on the spot. Based on their schedule..I expect them to still have 9 or 10 wins.

We can beat the jags even with all of our injuries.  I didn't anticipate a win yesterday against a 6-0 team with the status of our players' injuries.

I think that happens on Revolution #9 but well done!

The end of Strawberry Fields is where you hear John lennon say  "I buried you, Paul"

Turn me on dead man is what you hear playing Revolution #9 backwards (the part that goes "number 9, number 9, number 9...)

Have any of the Beatles or friends/family survivors ever admitted to that huge publicity stunt?  

And as a result,  Rex said that there needs to be some changes.

Rex stood there absolutely befuddled when asked about the Personal Fouls and dumb penalties as if it's something new.  That's been going on for 7 years now for him, yet he's still dumbfounded.  Yep, needs to be some changes alright.....

Rex stood there absolutely befuddled when asked about the Personal Fouls and dumb penalties as if it's something new.  That's been going on for 7 years now for him, yet he's still dumbfounded.  Yep, needs to be some changes alright.....

I think Rex looked a little worried yesterday during his post game speech.  If there was any doubt that the injuries are killing us,  Sammy Watkins should have cleared that up yesterday with the completion of 4 to 5 passes,  48 yards,  22 yard touchdown.  If we rest our players until after the bye week,  we should be okay.  I think we can beat the jags with our second line.  As a few other posters mentioned here,  our tough games  (Patriots, Bengals, NY Giants) are behind us.

he fired a bunch of assistants here.   look out DC !

I was thinking more on the lines of changing back to a 4-3 defense.  Think there is any chance of that?  That change would most likely include the firing of his DC.  

I think Rex looked a little worried yesterday during his post game speech.  If there was any doubt that the injuries are killing us,  Sammy Watkins should have cleared that up yesterday with the completion of 4 to 5 passes,  48 yards,  22 yard touchdown.  If we rest our players until after the bye week,  we should be okay.  I think we can beat the jags with our second line.  As a few other posters mentioned here,  our tough games  (Patriots, Bengals, NY Giants) are behind us.

so playing the pats again and the jets 2x should be cake then.

so playing the pats again and the jets 2x should be cake then.

LOL!  And don't forget the game after the bye against the Dolphins.  Rex is 1-5 all-time after bye weeks and there's a new sheriff in town in Miami.  Another Parcells guy.  The type of coach that could feast on a Rex Ryan-coached team even with inferior talent.

7-9 is very possible.

Sun, Oct 25

@ tXx78AqT7Wk75Dr+oAAAAASUVORK5CYII=Jaguars   9:30 AM      W

Sun, Nov 8 vs 38UxSiyXdCMMQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==Dolphins   1:00 PM          L

Thu, Nov 12
@
-m-05g49__56x42.pngJets

8:25 PM         L

Mon, Nov 23
@
-m-05g3b__56x42.pngPatriots

8:30 PM          L

Sun, Nov 29
@
-m-0487___56x42.pngChiefs

1:00 PM            W

Sun, Dec 6
vs
-m-03lsq__56x42.pngTexans

Sun, Dec 13
@
-m-05tg3__56x42.pngEagles

1:00 PM             L

Sun, Dec 20
@
-m-084l5__56x42.pngRedskins

Sun, Dec 27
vs
-m-02896__56x42.pngCowboys

1:00 PM              L

Sun, Jan 3
vs
-m-05g49__56x42.pngJets

I was thinking more on the lines of changing back to a 4-3 defense.  Think there is any chance of that?

It's not over till the fat lady sings.  The Jets should take note of this because you have some tough games ahead of you.

7-9 is very possible.

Sun, Oct 25

@ tXx78AqT7Wk75Dr+oAAAAASUVORK5CYII=Jaguars   9:30 AM      W

Sun, Nov 8 vs 38UxSiyXdCMMQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==Dolphins   1:00 PM          L

Thu, Nov 12
@
-m-05g49__56x42.pngJets

8:25 PM         L

Mon, Nov 23
@
-m-05g3b__56x42.pngPatriots

8:30 PM          L

Sun, Nov 29
@
-m-0487___56x42.pngChiefs

Sun, Dec 6
vs
-m-03lsq__56x42.pngTexans

Sun, Dec 13
@
-m-05tg3__56x42.pngEagles

1:00 PM             L

Sun, Dec 20
@
-m-084l5__56x42.pngRedskins

Sun, Dec 27
vs
-m-02896__56x42.pngCowboys

Sun, Jan 3
vs
-m-05g49__56x42.pngJets

how about 4-12

I was thinking more on the lines of changing back to a 4-3 defense.  Think there is any chance of that?  That change would most likely include the firing of his DC.  

No, no chance of that.  Rex runs his system.  Period.  He doesn't adjust and he doesn't think about making it fit the players.  It's why Coples was running around covering receivers, it was why we steadfastly played man covg with one of the worst secondaries in the NFL.  It's why Eric Smith was contantly 3 steps behind a TE in man to man.  And it's why Mario Williams is dropping in covg. 

Rex does not adjust.  Rex runs what he runs, period.  When the personnel matches (ie 8 first round draft picks starting on the defense, including Cro and Revis in their primes), then the D is pretty stout I'll give it credit.  What you won't get with a Rex D is a consistent amount of turnovers.  And when the personnel doesn't fit you won't get very much of anything. 

No, no chance of that.  Rex runs his system.  Period.  He doesn't adjust and he doesn't think about making it fit the players.  It's why Coples was running around covering receivers, it was why we steadfastly played man covg with one of the worst secondaries in the NFL.  It's why Eric Smith was contantly 3 steps behind a TE in man to man.  And it's why Mario Williams is dropping in covg. 

Rex does not adjust.  Rex runs what he runs, period.  When the personnel matches (ie 8 first round draft picks starting on the defense, including Cro and Revis in their primes), then the D is pretty stout I'll give it credit.  What you won't get with a Rex D is a consistent amount of turnovers.  And when the personnel doesn't fit you won't get very much of anything. 

I guess I was a little overly optimistic when Rex said he would have to look into what Mario Williams had to say.  

when rex was here he played multiple fronts every game.  3-4, 4-3, 46, even the 2-5 stuff and the walk around ameoba stuff. 

all utter nonsense.  in the 2nd playoff game against the colts he came out in base nickel, dared them to run it, and played coverage with very little blizting

rex is a mediocre HC, but lets not play revisionist history here and pretend he didn't coach his ass off on D

Archived