Rex Ryan thread, week 4 edition

Bruce Harper

I'm not looking to absolve the Bills, but if you are going to claim that he has "been injured for years"  how can you say "he physically can't play"?  He is on a pace for better numbers than last year and probably as good or better than 2013. 

For that reason.  He's been used differently, has been used more often.  Actually she's the one saying he's been injured for years.  Either way you can be injured get through it and at any time take a shot and get worse.   

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there is nothing in any of the articles you posted that says he didn't play due to personal issues.  Everyone talks about his bad knee and more.  From his mouth and others admit he's injured..  Except for the guy who doesn't want to pay him.  Yes, if injured he will be paid.  As he should. 

All along Rex has been saying that's he out,  one reason being, for a personal issue.  He's played with the same injured hip on and off since 2013.  Now and apparently for other reasons,  he's thinking of not playing at all anymore.  Say what you want about the Bills.  Couple things that are certain:  1)  Terry Pegula is very people orientated 2)  Terry Pegula is NOT cheap.  If for some reason Harvin is justly due money from the Bills,  he will get it.  I say,  if he decides not to play anymore,  he should be paid for the games he participated and then his disability insurance should respond.

All along Rex has been saying that's he out,  one reason being, for a personal issue.  He's played with the same injured hip on and off since 2013.  Now and apparently for other reasons,  he's thinking of not playing at all anymore.  Say what you want about the Bills.  Couple things that are certain:  1)  Terry Pegula is very people orientated 2)  Terry Pegula is NOT cheap.  If for some reason Harvin is justly due money from the Bills,  he will get it.  I say,  if he decides not to play anymore,  he should be paid for the games he participated and then his disability insurance should respond.

Don't know why you think any of this other than being a fan.  And people persons don't try to withhold pay from a player who's injured and owed money.  NFL teams insure their players contracts, for the value of the deal, not a percentage on a par of disability insurance.  The usual way to look at is that the player left his knee on field for your team.  Not he screwed out of games.  Are you saying that McCoy should give back the money he was paid while missing games? 

Rex is a buffoon with a long history of lying to cover his ass.  He'll say anything if it helps him.  

Don't know why you think any of this other than being a fan.  And people persons don't try to withhold pay from a player who's injured and owed money.  NFL teams insure their players contracts, for the value of the deal, not a percentage on a par of disability insurance.  The usual way to look at is that the player left his knee on field for your team.  Not he screwed out of games.  Are you saying that McCoy should give back the money he was paid while missing games? 

Rex is a buffoon with a long history of lying to cover his ass.  He'll say anything if it helps him.  

Paying or not paying a player is not Ryan's call.  It's up to the GM and President.  I just happen to think that Harvin's injury is only part of the problem.  As stated,  there is a personal issue too.  You may not believe there is  personal issue but I do.  It seems that he would still be playing if he didn't have the personal issue along with the hip injury.  He played with his hip injury for 2 years.  Personally,  I think he may be experiencing some psychological affects (probably due to the ongoing pain) and this is why he  just needs some time off.  Maybe in time,  he will be able to overcome the personal issue and get back on the field.  Again,  just a personal opinion.

For that reason.  He's been used differently, has been used more often.  Actually she's the one saying he's been injured for years.  Either way you can be injured get through it and at any time take a shot and get worse.   

Is it bad that when I read "she's the one saying" I thought you meant Harvin?  I thought you were equating him with Terry Glenn.

This season is beginning to try on my nerves but it's nothing that a quick run can't handle :D

Jeaniec - the fact that six games in you are already sensing that "this season is beginning to try on my nerves but it's nothing that a quick run can't handle" is precisely the point that many of us have been trying to get through to you.  With Rex...it's always something.  The feet.  The tattoo.  The guarantees.  His defense.  The hyperbole.  The lack of backing it up.  2-17 after a win.  It wears on you.  It makes rooting for and following your team not as fun as it could and should be.  You know how many times I've had to defend Rex?  It gets old.  And couple that with the fact that he has lost a lot of games in the last four years and you can only imagine how it feels to have this guy as your coach.  It's downright brutal.

He anoints players before they do anything.  He talks like he invented defensive football.  He says things that no objective observer believes to be true and as a result he loses credibility.

You're six games in and scratching your head.  These issues happened to us also (Derrick Mason anyone).  I wish you the best because you love your team and are willing to fight for them.  But man, run from the hills from this guy.  

Instead of jumping to conclusions and using this as another opportunity to criticize the Bills,  why don't we wait and get the whole story.  Rex has been saying right along that it's more than a hip injury. There are personal reasons.  Also,  we don't know the full details of his contract.

Injured players under contract get paid.  Period.  Seems like the Bills are preparing to try to worm their way out of their financial obligation to him.  Don't blame Harvin.  Blame the stupid GM/HC that agreed to sign him with full knowledge of his injury history and his history of locker room disruption. 

Injured players under contract get paid.  Period.  Seems like the Bills are preparing to try to worm their way out of their financial obligation to him.  Don't blame Harvin.  Blame the stupid GM/HC that agreed to sign him with full knowledge of his injury history and his history of locker room disruption. 

With exception of Harvin's injury,  everything is purely speculative,  including the rhetoric that our team doesn't want to pay.

Jeaniec - the fact that six games in you are already sensing that "this season is beginning to try on my nerves but it's nothing that a quick run can't handle" is precisely the point that many of us have been trying to get through to you.  With Rex...it's always something.  The feet.  The tattoo.  The guarantees.  His defense.  The hyperbole.  The lack of backing it up.  2-17 after a win.  It wears on you.  It makes rooting for and following your team not as fun as it could and should be.  You know how many times I've had to defend Rex?  It gets old.  And couple that with the fact that he has lost a lot of games in the last four years and you can only imagine how it feels to have this guy as your coach.  It's downright brutal.

He anoints players before they do anything.  He talks like he invented defensive football.  He says things that no objective observer believes to be true and as a result he loses credibility.

You're six games in and scratching your head.  These issues happened to us also (Derrick Mason anyone).  I wish you the best because you love your team and are willing to fight for them.  But man, run from the hills from this guy.  

You make a lot of good points Blake.  I am passed Rex's hyperbole.  The other day,  he made a comment,  see where we are at the end of the season.  Well no,  I am not going to do that.  I am looking at each and every game.  I'm not a football guru but I can tell when a team is playing good or bad.  I still have faith in our team. We have a lot of outstanding players. At  very least, we should squeeze through Sunday.  I am actually looking forward to games  after the bye week when most of our injured players are back.  I can only hope that the team is ready because that has not been the case (ready after the bye) with our current coach.  

I am really concerned that Kyle Williams is out as a result of an injury.  He's a great leader and has been amazing in the locker room.  We can really use him now more than ever with all the grumblings of late.  I still like Rex and I really hope  he,  along with our team,  succeeds.  However,  as I mentioned in an earlier post,  it's time to put up and shut up 

You are so on point.  It was the Derrick Mason matter that triggered real concern for me because he was clearly shot and instead of getting a competent WR on the Jets we got Baltimore's reject.......

And we wonder why the offense suffered....

I'm more concerned about this week game where we are going to be missing our starting QB, top 2 WRs, starting RG, RT, DT, SS and backup running back...ugh

And,  it's still unclear whether Carpenter is 100% and after  6 games into the year,  it seems like our d line is still not comfortable with the 3-4 scheme.

Do you know who died in John Miller's family?  

Where in  Buffalo do you live?  I am on Grand Island

We are in week 8 but he only played 5 games.  He also came to us with the understanding that he was going to play.  Now,  it seems like he no longer "wants" to play due to his injury.

Just catching up on some conversation in here.  I don't think it matters how many games he's played, Harvin is a vet I believe and a vet that is on the roster prior to week 1 has guarantees built in I think.  If I'm wrong someone that understands contracts better please correct me.

Paying or not paying a player is not Ryan's call.  It's up to the GM and President.  I just happen to think that Harvin's injury is only part of the problem.  As stated,  there is a personal issue too.  You may not believe there is  personal issue but I do.  It seems that he would still be playing if he didn't have the personal issue along with the hip injury.  He played with his hip injury for 2 years.  Personally,  I think he may be experiencing some psychological affects (probably due to the ongoing pain) and this is why he  just needs some time off.  Maybe in time,  he will be able to overcome the personal issue and get back on the field.  Again,  just a personal opinion.

The personal issue is he's hurt, he can't play and probably is depressed by the fact he can't play.  So instead of sucking it up and being a team player and being by the teams side and helping in any other capacity isn't his M. O.  Rex knew who this guy was when he brought him to Buffalo.  I couldn't have been happier to see him go.  You need to start worrying how much influence Rex has over your GMs decisions.

Just catching up on some conversation in here.  I don't think it matters how many games he's played, Harvin is a vet I believe and a vet that is on the roster prior to week 1 has guarantees built in I think.  If I'm wrong someone that understands contracts better please correct me.

A couple of posters are saying that his contract provides for a full season's pay.    I am confused right now if he's not playing because of his hip or if the personal problem is keeping him off the field.  As of right now,  all we know is that he asked for some time off

The personal issue is he's hurt, he can't play and probably is depressed by the fact he can't play.  So instead of sucking it up and being a team player and being by the teams side and helping in any other capacity isn't his M. O.  Rex knew who this guy was when he brought him to Buffalo.  I couldn't have been happier to see him go.  You need to start worrying how much influence Rex has over your GMs decisions.

I know that Rex and Whaley had a good relationship in the beginning.  Not sure where they are at now.  Whaley is pretty tough and I don't think he'd let anyone push him around.  I may be wrong.

I know that Rex and Whaley had a good relationship in the beginning.  Not sure where they are at now.  Whaley is pretty tough and I don't think he'd let anyone push him around.  I may be wrong.

This weeks game might be the most important game for your club in a long time.  Jacksonville isn't that much of a pushover this year and Bortles, Robinson, Hurns and TJ Yeldon are getting better each week.  I'll be up early watching the game as I think the outcome could very well spiral your club to incredible sinkable lows.  

So many questions...

Are the players still buying into Rex?  

How much can you rely on Tyrods legs to win you games?  He was lucky to make it to week 5.

Can Rex actually manipulate and change his defensive scheme?

When will Rex distance himself from some of the sub par coaches he's been carrying around over the years?

Why is the conditioning of your players so crappy and why are you having so many major injuries?

When does Pegula and Whaley put their foot down and demand change?

When does the Buffalo fan base start buying billboards and banner planes?

Is Rex handicapping Roman as he did with Jets OCs as the season progresses? Just like Buffalo the Jets would always be pretty damn good in Sept but then nosedive as the season continued to only pick itself up at the end of the year when other teams weren't playing hard.

I feel for you guys because that football club is freaking super talented up there and its unfortunate to see it wasted.  Miami is interesting because we all knew how damn good talent wise that team looked on paper and under Philbin they looked like trash then comes a no name interim HC that laid the smack down on them and focused the gameplan in the right areas (I'm looking at you lamar miller) and now that team can be sneaky good and gain traction again.

This weeks game might be the most important game for your club in a long time.  Jacksonville isn't that much of a pushover this year and Bortles, Robinson, Hurns and TJ Yeldon are getting better each week.  I'll be up early watching the game as I think the outcome could very well spiral your club to incredible sinkable lows.  

So many questions...

Are the players still buying into Rex?   No 

How much can you rely on Tyrods legs to win you games?  He was lucky to make it to week 5. -  Tyrod will continue to get better - passing and running.

Can Rex actually manipulate and change his defensive scheme? - Anything is possible but at this point don't  think this is probable.  At least not from what I've read in the news.

When will Rex distance himself from some of the sub par coaches he's been carrying around over the years? Willing to bet that he has been called on to answer questions about Dennis Thurman.

Why is the conditioning of your players so crappy and why are you having so many major injuries?  I have the same questions.  It's a real concern.

When does Pegula and Whaley put their foot down and demand change?  If my read on Whaley is correct, this has already started.

When does the Buffalo fan base start buying billboards and banner planes?   This probably won't happen but they can make a lot of noise.  Trust me on this one.  

Is Rex handicapping Roman as he did with Jets OCs as the season progresses? Just like Buffalo the Jets would always be pretty damn good in Sept but then nosedive as the season continued to only pick itself up at the end of the year when other teams weren't playing hard.  I think Roman is  running the show.  From all outward appearances (on game day,  interviews, etc),  this appears to be the case.

I feel for you guys because that football club is freaking super talented up there and its unfortunate to see it wasted.  Miami is interesting because we all knew how damn good talent wise that team looked on paper and under Philbin they looked like trash then comes a no name interim HC that laid the smack down on them and focused the gameplan in the right areas (I'm looking at you lamar miller) and now that team can be sneaky good and gain traction again.

Answers are next to your questions and printed in red.  I am sure you know this already.  LOL

I agree that we have a super talented team.  I am anxious to see what we do,  after the bye week, going forward and with our injured players back on the field.  

Answers are next to your questions and printed in red.  I am sure you know this already.  LOL

I agree that we have a super talented team.  I am anxious to see what we do,  after the bye week, going forward and with our injured players back on the field.  

the bills will win in london.  after the bye week, they will be blown out by 28 pts

This is from a Bills forum - 

"Rex Ryan- Not to belabor the point, but you suck. You suck for getting the entire fanbase’s hopes up, you suck for talking crap all week every single week, you suck for not being able to coach a disciplined team, you suck for getting pants’d by Brady and Belichik pretty regularly, you suck for those stupid god damn wristbands, and you suck for taking an uber-talented defense and steering them off a cliff. If there’s a hint of anger or frustration in my post, it’s only because Rex is spearheading the single least-likable Bills team I can remember in quite some time. They play like punks, beat lesser teams, and get schooled by teams with quality personnel and coaching. A team takes on the personality of its’ coach, and this team is an underachieving blowhard. God I’m furious right now. – Buffalo Rumblings""

Seems to sum up things pretty well, doesn't it?

This is from a Bills forum - 

"Rex Ryan- Not to belabor the point, but you suck. You suck for getting the entire fanbase’s hopes up, you suck for talking crap all week every single week, you suck for not being able to coach a disciplined team, you suck for getting pants’d by Brady and Belichik pretty regularly, you suck for those stupid god damn wristbands, and you suck for taking an uber-talented defense and steering them off a cliff. If there’s a hint of anger or frustration in my post, it’s only because Rex is spearheading the single least-likable Bills team I can remember in quite some time. They play like punks, beat lesser teams, and get schooled by teams with quality personnel and coaching. A team takes on the personality of its’ coach, and this team is an underachieving blowhard. God I’m furious right now. – Buffalo Rumblings""

Seems to sum up things pretty well, doesn't it?

I guess he told us

The Bills will beat the Jags and be 4-3 and the fans will calm down...

til  after the bye when the Bills get bitchslapped  by the revitalized Fins and snapped in half by The Jets...

The clown will be tossed after next year....then again they are 3-3..

Archived