Rex Ryan thread, week 4 edition

Bruce Harper

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel embarrassed by Rex's words.  After all, he did make the Jets winners when he first got to the Jets, and did bring us to two consecutive AFC Championship games.  But I feel that Rex's ability to lead the Jets waned in the last two years, and I was in favor of moving on from him.  Buffalo hiring him as their head coach is perplexing to me, since they should of seen what the Jets saw in the end.

They wanted to spark a fanbase who hasn't made the playoffs in 15 years. Plus, he had success with a similar roster so I'm assuming they thought he could repeat it. 

I give the Bills fans credit, they figured it out about 5 years faster than most Jet fans.

They had 6 years of evidence from his days in NYC to work with.  They had to have a contingent of fans aware that this might end in disaster, but merely hoped Rex learned his lessons.  He clearly didn't.

That post game interview was bad. 

Rex looked really bad, in over his head.  Holding on for dear life. 

I like Rex, I hoped he'd find some success (not too much in Buffallo).  Still early but his pattern of undisciplined teams continues, in 2009 and 2010 we had key veteran leaders like T. Rich, Cotchery, T. Jones - those are the glue guys that held the team together apparently.  Rex is a first grader running a kindergarten.

The bolded part is especially telling since when Rex was hired he actually INSULTED the previous DC by saying the defense UNDERPERFORMED and that he was embarrassed by their performance last year and that under him the defense would improve and be NUMBER 1.

He lost a lot of big boy points from me when he said that stuff. 

It was bush league and something a professional coach in the NFL should NEVER DO!!!

Not to mention, they kicked his ass not once but twice last year.

Maybe the Bills' ownership/management hired Ryan on purpose with the singular hope that there would not just be a collapse, but a total and widespread abandonment by a fan base that renounced its Bills loyalty because he can't stop talking to the cameras, and that he so rarely says the right thing when he does. They would go from mild interest and skip right over mild disinterest and jump over to outright hate.

Then, after the bulk of Buffalo Bills fan have renounced their loyalty to the team and after the record setting empty seats and low viewership, the Bills could get selected for the team that gets moved to London. It will then be done with far fewer protests from that team's fans.

NFL is happy. Bills' brass is happy. And there are no fans left up there to care/complain.

Maybe the Bills' ownership/management hired Ryan on purpose with the singular hope that there would not just be a collapse, but a total and widespread abandonment by a fan base that renounced its Bills loyalty because he can't stop talking to the cameras, and that he so rarely says the right thing when he does. They would go from mild interest and skip right over mild disinterest and jump over to outright hate.

Then, after the bulk of Buffalo Bills fan have renounced their loyalty to the team and after the record setting empty seats and low viewership, the Bills could get selected for the team that gets moved to London. It will then be done with far fewer protests from that team's fans.

NFL is happy. Bills' brass is happy. And there are no fans left up there to care/complain.

Or Toronto.

Could all be an elaborate plot for the Bills to get kicked out of Buffalo so they can move across the border to Toronto,

Even though I posted what Bills fans are currently are saying I still believe that the Bills are a dangerous team. 

They have real talent.....

Indeed...This might be the whole blind squirrel finding the nut routine but if Watkins and McCoy are healthy, this offense can be explosive and we know about the D

It's one unsportsmanlike conduct penalty after another.  Rex has to get these guys under control if they are going to live up to the hype.  Loving how the AFC east is looking at the moment.

He has to continue to tell them they do no wrong and every time they lose its his fault.

That's a formula for the Bills to suck and that's good for the green and white

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bolded part is especially telling since when Rex was hired he actually INSULTED the previous DC by saying the defense UNDERPERFORMED and that he was embarrassed by their performance last year and that under him the defense would improve and be NUMBER 1.

He lost a lot of big boy points from me when he said that stuff. 

It was bush league and something a professional coach in the NFL should NEVER DO!!!

Sort of like when Rex told Norv Turner he'd have won the Super Bowl if he coached the Chargers...

Just saw a clip from this presser. Rex had the same look in his eyes that my grandma did toward the end, when she was telling us that her nursing home was on a giant magnetic wheel that constantly turned so her room always faced the sun.

Last time he was that delusional was the Thanksgiving game.

"It's a free country. Write what you believe." Who the **** says that?

Indeed...This might be the whole blind squirrel finding the nut routine but if Watkins and McCoy are healthy, this offense can be explosive and we know about the D

McCoy is coming off 2 back to back seasons with 300+ carries. Safe to say his best days are behind him.

Watkins is good, but Tyrod doesn't have the ability to utilize him.

Anyway, their offense isn't the problem, we knew they would be average. The major concern is that the defense, which was easily one of the best in the league, is now reaching new levels of suck under Rex's brilliant coaching. They could have easily given up 50 to the Patriots, and the Giants had their way with them today.

They look like a 8 win team at best

Archived