Rex Ryan thread, week 4 edition

Bruce Harper

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of my favourite Rex quotes:-

"First off, with all the cameras I was looking for our new president [Barack Obama] back there. I think we’ll get to meet him in the next couple of years anyway.”

"Each game we might also designate an opposing player with a dot. Players don't want to be dotted by the New York Jets, because that means we want that dude knocked out of the game. Of course, it has to be legal and by the book. We don't play dirty, and no way will we intentionally hurt a player with an illegal, cheap shot. We dot players fair and square."

"There are players out there who think they are bad a****, and you just might see two of our players knock the hell out of him. Pow! Pow! That's our mentality. Everything we do is aggressive and, hey, we may make a mistake, but we will go one hundred miles per hour and we will knock the hell out of you. Big hits create turnovers. You haven't been Punked—you've been Dotted!"

“As much as I respect and admire Bill Belichick, I came here to kick his a**, and that’s the truth"

Perhaps my fav

“Let’s make sure we play like the f****** New York Jets and not some f****** slap d*** team.  That’s what I want to see tomorrow. Do we understand what the f*** I want to see tomorrow? Now let’s go eat a Goddamn snack.”

"First off, with all the cameras I was looking for our new president [Barack Obama] back there. I think we’ll get to meet him in the next couple of years anyway.”

"Each game we might also designate an opposing player with a dot. Players don't want to be dotted by the New York Jets, because that means we want that dude knocked out of the game. Of course, it has to be legal and by the book. We don't play dirty, and no way will we intentionally hurt a player with an illegal, cheap shot. We dot players fair and square."

"There are players out there who think they are bad a****, and you just might see two of our players knock the hell out of him. Pow! Pow! That's our mentality. Everything we do is aggressive and, hey, we may make a mistake, but we will go one hundred miles per hour and we will knock the hell out of you. Big hits create turnovers. You haven't been Punked—you've been Dotted!"

“As much as I respect and admire Bill Belichick, I came here to kick his a**, and that’s the truth"

Perhaps my fav

“Let’s make sure we play like the f****** New York Jets and not some f****** slap d*** team.  That’s what I want to see tomorrow. Do we understand what the f*** I want to see tomorrow? Now let’s go eat a Goddamn snack.”

My favorite quotes...

" arr, we got outplayed today. Dey were good and we gotta be better and that stuff. Maybe I should go through a bunch of offensive coordinators. Heck, I dont go to the meetings and stuff"

Big follower of Buffalo media are ya?

the legendary Tom Shane lives in upstate ny with his state of the art 3G network cell phone package. That network doesn't reach our area so he has to follow the buffalo media

This one is my fav considering that; the last two years he was here the Jets set a record for creating the fewest turnovers of any nfl team over a two year period.  He darn near ruined our rookie safety by telling him starting with the phone call on draft day that he was the hammer and was supposed to knock the hell out of everything.  Now Pryor still has a ways to go but he has looked much better at times this year than last when he was running full speed and taking bad angles all year trying to get big shots.

Re Bufflo fans, they had the advantage of hearing his bluster in New York and being told by some of us to expect the clown show.

Through week 4,  Total defense, Jets 2nd, Bills 22nd  Pass defense Jets 2nd, Bills 29th, points against Jets 1, Buffalo 17th

McCoy is coming off 2 back to back seasons with 300+ carries. Safe to say his best days are behind him.

Watkins is good, but Tyrod doesn't have the ability to utilize him.

Anyway, their offense isn't the problem, we knew they would be average. The major concern is that the defense, which was easily one of the best in the league, is now reaching new levels of suck under Rex's brilliant coaching. They could have easily given up 50 to the Patriots, and the Giants had their way with them today.

They look like a 8 win team at best

McCoy is coming off 2 back to back seasons with 300+ carries. Safe to say his best days are behind him.

Watkins is good, but Tyrod doesn't have the ability to utilize him.

Anyway, their offense isn't the problem, we knew they would be average. The major concern is that the defense, which was easily one of the best in the league, is now reaching new levels of suck under Rex's brilliant coaching. They could have easily given up 50 to the Patriots, and the Giants had their way with them today.

They look like a 8 win team at best

If Mc Coy was just 75%,  he'd still be among the best RB's in the NFL.

Tyrod Taylor went into the Giants game with a 74% completion rating.  He had 2 touchdowns that were called back.  Neither penatly had anything to do with Tyrod or his ability to run the ball in  or throw to his target.  Watkins has been limited on the field due to a hamstring injury but there's no doubt that Tyrod knows how to use any of  his RB's.  The Bills were totally undisciplined yesterday.  Some of the dubious calls made by the referees didn't help either.  

Tyrod Taylor went into the Giants game with a 74% completion rating.  He had 2 touchdowns that were called back.  Neither penatly had anything to do with Tyrod or his ability to run the ball in  or throw to his target.  Watkins has been limited on the field due to a hamstring injury but there's no doubt that Tyrod knows how to use any of  his RB's.  The Bills were totally undisciplined yesterday.  Some of the dubious calls made by the referees didn't help either.  

i love you. no homo.

No he would not be.  Which is why you don't trade away a talented LB for an overused RB.  Once they lose a step or a little bit of their burst, they're toast.  And they never get it back.

Through week 4,  Total defense, Jets 2nd, Bills 22nd  Pass defense Jets 2nd, Bills 29th, points against Jets 1, Buffalo 17th

this has to kill him and the fanbase.  He took over a top 5 defense and bragged that 3 wasn't good enough.  Shlt on Schwartz and Marone for underachieving.

this has to kill him and the fanbase.  He took over a top 5 defense and bragged that 3 wasn't good enough.  Shlt on Schwartz and Marone for underachieving.

Yep.  Just like he claimed he'd win a Super Bowl if he had San Diego's talent under Norv Turner.  In Rex's mind he rarely has the players he needs to succeed, and when he does take over a team with talent, they eventually become an undisciplined mess.  Damn good coaching right there. 

Ever play the game? Coaches have a lot to do with the number of penalties committed. It isn't always their fault but they aren't faultless either. Unsportsmanlike conduct penalties in particular.

Really? Have you ever heard of Bill Bellicheck, Pete Carroll, Mike Tomlin, Jim or John Harbaugh, to just name a few good head coaches?  When is the last time you saw one of their teams have that sort of melt down?  Stop making excuses and please give a rest with the "ever play the game" bullsh*t. lol, you have got to be kidding.

Yep.  Just like he claimed he'd win a Super Bowl if he had San Diego's talent under Norv Turner.  In Rex's mind he rarely has the players he needs to succeed, and when he does take over a team with talent, they eventually become an undisciplined mess.  Damn good coaching right there. 

Rex sees different players, coaches and games in his mind than what is actually on the field. I think he sees himself as a modern day Lombardi with Landry and all the other greats on his staff, wining championships every year.  He really doesn't see himself and the team he assembles as we all do.  

Funny he states the unprovable, that he would have won with someone else's teams (SD & Balt) then proved he couldn't with the team he actually coached.  

Incognito did a chop block that was clear as day in front of the ref on one of the called back TDs.Didn't impact the play because the guy was blocked by another Bill anyway, but Moron Richie goes and does something remarkably dumb.  Nobody else in the NFL wanted this guy because he does moronic stuff like that. Rex Ryan...

Even though I posted what Bills fans are currently are saying I still believe that the Bills are a dangerous team. 

They have real talent.....

I agree and we could certainly lose to them.  I like our chances, though especially with Richardson back in the fold.

That post game interview was bad. 

Rex looked really bad, in over his head.  Holding on for dear life. 

I like Rex, I hoped he'd find some success (not too much in Buffallo).  Still early but his pattern of undisciplined teams continues, in 2009 and 2010 we had key veteran leaders like T. Rich, Cotchery, T. Jones - those are the glue guys that held the team together apparently.  Rex is a first grader running a kindergarten.

I liked him right up to his stupid comment regarding Jace Amaro.  The fact that he let a second year TE get under his skin like that told me he would never get it.  He actually had the nerve to make it personal.  He continues to put a great big bulls eye on the back of his team with his big mouth; it is only a matter of time before the players get sick of this.  Good Riddance.

they're 2 and 2 with losses against 2 of the better teams in the league (Giants can easily be undefeated).

Tom Coughlin owns Rex Ryan.  Owns him.  It wasn't like they lost a close game.  The essentially got blown out by the Giants at home.  This after the Giants have shown they basically don't have a defense so far this season.

Rex sees different players, coaches and games in his mind than what is actually on the field. I think he sees himself as a modern day Lombardi with Landry and all the other greats on his staff, wining championships every year.  He really doesn't see himself and the team he assembles as we all do.  

Funny he states the unprovable, that he would have won with someone else's teams (SD & Balt) then proved he couldn't with the team he actually coached.  

You ever notice that when ever we played Baltimore they would do their very best to destroy Rex?  It was because he tried to take credit for that defense and now we know he had very little to do with how great they were.

Incognito did a chop block that was clear as day in front of the ref on one of the called back TDs.Didn't impact the play because the guy was blocked by another Bill anyway, but Moron Richie goes and does something remarkably dumb.  Nobody else in the NFL wanted this guy because he does moronic stuff like that. Rex Ryan...

Well here is a touchdown call by one of the fair and reasonable refs yesterday.  Think maybe the calls were just a little unbalanced.  Not saying we didn't deserve most but it was pretty clear where these refs.  loyalties lied.

giants touchdown.jpg

No he would not be.  Which is why you don't trade away a talented LB for an overused RB.  Once they lose a step or a little bit of their burst, they're toast.  And they never get it back.

Let's see what happens when McCoy gets back on the field.

I liked him right up to his stupid comment regarding Jace Amaro.  The fact that he let a second year TE get under his skin like that told me he would never get it.  He actually had the nerve to make it personal.  He continues to put a great big bulls eye on the back of his team with his big mouth; it is only a matter of time before the players get sick of this.  Good Riddance.

I haven't given up on Rex.  We have 12 more games.

Archived