Rex Ryan thread, week 4 edition

Bruce Harper

After Pats win superbowl this year and brady retires the court case won't matter. brady's last middle finger to the league

Just like last year at this time when everyone had started to write the pats off they are being anointed as undefeated super bowl champs already.  They are not as good as last year and that team had to be gifted the superbowl on a dumb play at the end.  I'll wait until they are 10-0 and still blowing teams out before I crown their asses.

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So when Rex left for BUF we all told jeaniec that Rex will talk a lot of smack, talk a lot about himself, and have a woefully undisciplined team full of penalties. Thus far that's exactly what he's done. The guy has learned nothing and done nothing to improve. He's our modern day Jerry Glanville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So when Rex left for BUF we all told jeaniec that Rex will talk a lot of smack, talk a lot about himself, and have a woefully undisciplined team full of penalties. Thus far that's exactly what he's done. The guy has learned nothing and done nothing to improve. He's our modern day Jerry Glanville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think any fan gets truly excited when they hear there is hope.  I think our defense is having a hard time adapting to the d-schemes but I am not ready to write off our team or coach.  I will say that after Sunday's loss,  it's  been difficult to pick up and move forward.  It was easier to accept our loss to the Patriots.  Hope by Sunday,   this changes and I can look forward to a win.  The week after this,  we play the Bengals who are 4-0 right now.

I think any fan gets truly excited when they hear there is hope.  I think our defense is having a hard time adapting to the d-schemes but I am not ready to write off our team or coach.  I will say that after Sunday's loss,  it"s been difficult to pick up and move forward.  It was easier to accept our loss to the Patriots.  Hope by Sunday,   this changes and I can look forward to a win.  The week after this,  we play the Bengals who are 4-0 right now.

Abandon all hope and maybe find something more productive to do with your Sundays.  Hope is a dangerous thing when everyone else knows what the end result will be.

The other big issue the Bills have faced in their two losses is the tempo of the opposing offense. New England’s Tom Brady averaged just 1.99 seconds from snap to attempted throw, while Eli Manning beat that Sunday, throwing on average just 1.82 seconds after taking the snap, according to the analytics website Pro Football Focus.

That doesn’t leave much time for adjustments to be relayed from the coaches to the players.

Unless the contention here is that the Bills coaches normally like to communicate with players mid-play, this is a pretty hilarious misapprehension of a pretty basic stat.

Boy, that article is just chockablock with great #content. Here's Rex putting all the blame on himself and taking the pressure off his players:

Of course, pre-snap preparation is only part of the equation. After that, it comes down to execution. The decisive play in Sunday’s loss – the 51-yard touchdown pass to Giants running back Rashad Jennings – would have gone for negative yardage if linebacker Nigel Bradham didn’t miss an open-field tackle.

“It’s just shoot, we have the exact call we wanted against the exact play and unfortunately we don’t stop him,” Ryan said. “I thought we had certainly controlled the second half defensively, but that play only ended up in a touchdown. It was a huge play and it was something that was self-inflicted … that we have to fix. And we have got to know our job and we have to communicate. As long as all 11 guys are doing the same thing, that’s fine. But when you have two guys that aren’t, it kills you.”

I too had to lol at blaming home crowd noise.  Also the comment that they had things defensed perfectly and a missed tackle cost them.  If your perfect defense consists of a LB always having to cover a back in the flat with no help at all, sooner or later you will give up a 50 yarder.

I think many are underestimating the Bills...They are good team and are going to be tough to beat.  Their defense is still stacked and have legitimate offensive weapons.

They lost to the Pats a Giants team without their two most explosive offensive weapons.

On a week to week basis, yes, the Bills are capable of beating a lot of teams with the talent they have.  But overall, over the course of a full season, they'll likely to be exactly what we're seeing....a .500 team.  One week they're looking solid, another week getting blown out. 

On a week to week basis, yes, the Bills are capable of beating a lot of teams with the talent they have.  But overall, over the course of a full season, they'll likely to be exactly what we're seeing....a .500 team.  One week they're looking solid, another week getting blown out. 

I tend to agree with this, but they can very well win 10 games and get into the playoffs.  The point I was trying to make was people have already predicted the downfall of Rex and Buffalo and I think it's way too premature to start gloating...

I tend to agree with this, but they can very well win 10 games and get into the playoffs.  The point I was trying to make was people have already predicted the downfall of Rex and Buffalo and I think it's way too premature to start gloating...

Typically Rex's teams start strong, lose a bunch of games in the middle, then those final few games either they make a late push (dependent on the help of other teams losing) to sneak in, or continue to fall apart.  Since they started 2-2 and aren't taking the league "by storm", I'm highly doubful they can squeeze 10 wins out of this season. 

He's only had one season where he won more than 9 games in his Head Coaching career, and that was with a loaded Jets squad in 2010 that really should have won 13 games instead of 11.  My guess is 9 wins is his ceiling this year.

Typically Rex's teams start strong, lose a bunch of games in the middle, then those final few games either they make a late push (dependent on the help of other teams losing) to sneak in, or continue to fall apart.  Since they started 2-2 and aren't taking the league "by storm", I'm highly doubful they can squeeze 10 wins out of this season. 

He's only had one season where he won more than 9 games in his Head Coaching career, and that was with a loaded Jets squad in 2010 that really should have won 13 games instead of 11.  My guess is 9 wins is his ceiling this year.

This 2015 Jet team is loaded more then the 2010 team was..

I think we will see 10 wins this season.  I am concerned about the Bengals, Chiefs, Patriots and Eagles.  We already have 2 losses and these 4 would give us a total of 6.  I hope our d-line grows accustom to the defense schemes quick as this, along with penalties,  is another hurdle.  

I think we will see 10 wins this season.  I am concerned about the Bengals, Chiefs, Patriots and Eagles.  We already have 2 losses and these 4 would give us a total of 6.  I hope our d-line grows accustom to the defense schemes quick as this, along with penalties,  is another hurdle.  

One thing Rex did in 2009 that he couldn't do this year was to bring in 2 guys that know his system in Bart Scott and Jim Leonhard who were like coaches on the field.. It's taken the Jets a few games to adjust to Bowles system and will get better as the year goes on.. The Bills D should improve and as long as Tyrod plays well you should be ok.. We will know more about the Jets when we face the Pats at Foxboro on the 25th..

One thing Rex did in 2009 that he couldn't do this year was to bring in 2 guys that know his system in Bart Scott and Jim Leonhard who were like coaches on the field.. It's taken the Jets a few games to adjust to Bowles system and will get better as the year goes on.. The Bills D should improve and as long as Tyrod plays well you should be ok.. We will know more about the Jets when we face the Pats at Foxboro on the 25th..

I have a lot of confidence in Tyrod.  I didn't see many flaws even in the games we lost against the Patriots and Giants.

What about the 'Skins.  What if we lose?  It's certainly far from a  lock we win.

This 2015 Jet team is loaded more then the 2010 team was..

Debatable, and it doesn't help your point.  Rex still failed to win more than 9 games in every other year of his career, making that season seem somewhat flukey and more closely tied to Tannenbaum's heavy spending and trading of draft capital to put us in "win-now" mode.  One really good 2010 season doesn't overcome the fact that he went 26-38 the next 4 seasons. 

Debatable, and it doesn't help your point.  Rex still failed to win more than 9 games in every other year of his career, making that season seem somewhat flukey and more closely tied to Tannenbaum's heavy spending and trading of draft capital to put us in "win-now" mode.  One really good 2010 season doesn't overcome the fact that he went 26-38 the next 4 seasons. 

You don't think this team is better with all the D additions plus Decker and Marshall not to mention Fitzmagic.. I get you hate Rex but this team has some of the best talent I have seen since I have been a Jet fan.. Plus I have huge confidence in Bowles and Mac.. What should scare you as a Rex hater 1st class is if a GM like Mac was here with Rex he may still be the Jet HC..LOL 

You don't think this team is better with all the D additions plus Decker and Marshall not to mention Fitzmagic.. I get you hate Rex but this team has some of the best talent I have seen since I have been a Jet fan.. Plus I have huge confidence in Bowles and Mac.. What should scare you as a Rex hater 1st class is if a GM like Mac was here with Rex he may still be the Jet HC..LOL 

I'd say its about equal.  Remember, as good as Revis still is, remember him in 2010?  And Cro?  And the offensive line was basically perfect that season.  You also had David Harris and Bart Scott still in their primes. 

I'd say its about equal.  Remember, as good as Revis still is, remember him in 2010?  And Cro?  And the offensive line was basically perfect that season.  You also had David Harris and Bart Scott still in their primes. 

You had no Mo,Sheldon,Snacks or Lenard Williams and as good as Jenkins was when healthy he played 1 game in 2010.. But like they say everyone has a opinion and I can respect yours just disagree..

Same ole REX. You want this guy as coach???/  Really?

8873493f-7bdd-46c7-a39b-c3897a4bdebb.jpg

what an ass kisser. He's so fake that anybody with half a brain can see right through that sh*t. I don't know who mentioned it but they nailed it, he's a modern day Jerry GLanville.

difference is the BIlls D was already lights out last year lol and the JEts defense sucked in 2008. Apples/oranges

Bills defense finished 4th in the NFL in 2014

what are they now after 4 weeks of being under Rex's innovative and strict disciplinary leadership? The only coach in NFL history that says home field crowd noise is bad for his defense lol I'm still laughing at that excuse. Pretty soon the players will buy into the sh*t talking and excuse making. What a great coach. But at least he's a Sabres fan, thank god. 

what are they now after 4 weeks of being under Rex's innovative and strict disciplinary leadership? The only coach in NFL history that says home field crowd noise is bad for his defense lol I'm still laughing at that excuse. Pretty soon the players will buy into the sh*t talking and excuse making. What a great coach. But at least he's a Sabres fan, thank god. 

He better beat the Titans or its gonna get ugly/awesome up in Buffalo.

what an ass kisser. He's so fake that anybody with half a brain can see right through that sh*t. I don't know who mentioned it but they nailed it, he's a modern day Jerry GLanville.

haha...perfect comparison..they have both personalitied (yes, it is now a verb) their way to HC jobs. Too funny

The noise is a factor.  He did say this but he also said that he didn't want the fans to back off either.  

The noise is a factor.  He did say this but he also said that he didn't want the fans to back off either.  

jeanie honey seriously? Are you smelling what the Rocks cooking? You can't be this naive. Is that you Rex? Or is it Max?

Except Glanville has a lasting legacy on the NFL for coining the phrase "Not for Long" Rex's legacy is "F*ckin Snack."

Archived