AFC Standings heading into the bye

Jetsfan80

I would assume the Steelers and Colts will be up there, or thereabouts, by week 16. Their schedules are easy.

We have to win more games than the Chargers, Raiders, and Bills...shouldn't be too difficult if the team plays the way it has in the last 4 weeks.

@ Dallas @ Indy but home for the Jets is the game to circle?

haha - that's a long time from now.  Lots of things can happen.

They basically said the Dallas game would have been the game but without Romo, Bryant and now Dunbar, they are pretty much a shell of their former self and their secondary isn't that great.  Not much to be scared of when you are putting up 40+ points a game.  Same goes for Indy b/c lets face it, Pats own the Colts no matter what.  

That leaves us and our daunting defense and hard hitting run game.  Up here is always helps crack a very small smile when the the Pats get a bit uneasy and yes its basically 3 weeks away and a lot can happen but its nice to not be looked at as a laughing stock against your bitter rival :)

They basically said the Dallas game would have been the game but without Romo, Bryant and now Dunbar, they are pretty much a shell of their former self and their secondary isn't that great.  Not much to be scared of when you are putting up 40+ points a game.  Same goes for Indy b/c lets face it, Pats own the Colts no matter what.  

That leaves us and our daunting defense and hard hitting run game.  Up here is always helps crack a very small smile when the the Pats get a bit uneasy and yes its basically 3 weeks away and a lot can happen but its nice to not be looked at as a laughing stock against your bitter rival :)

Agreed 100%.  It's a very refreshing change and something that was totally unexpected coming into the year.  Hopefully we can go into that game with 1 loss and really make the mofo mean something for the rest of the year. 

Joe from TOJ had some pretty awesome tweets about the AFCE earlier:

@TurnOnTheJets: Fun Quarter-Pole AFC East Stats...

- Chris Ivory had more rushing yards on Sunday than LeSean McCoy or Lamar Miller have all season #Jets

@TurnOnTheJets: - Brandon Marshall has had 3 individual games with more total receiving yards than Sammy Watkins has all season (99) #Jets

@TurnOnTheJets: Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker have combined for more TDs than Watkins, McCoy, Harvin, Landry, Miller, Cameron, Clay, Jennings combined

@TurnOnTheJets: Last one: Trevor Reilly has the same amount of sacks as the entire Miami Dolphins roster through 4 games #Jets #Dolphins

The nice thing about the 3-1 is that the team has a lot of room for improvement.  I don't think they've even come close to the ceiling on either side of the ball yet.    

If this team can come close to that, I'll be "Dancing on the ceiling" (sorry I had to) ;)

For me it's one game at a time, after almost

50 years I will count them as we win them. Hopefully when all is said and done the wins will be in double digits and the losses in single. Right now I am

just enjoying a competitive football team

This is exactly what I hoped for before the season started. Jump out to a good record while learning the new systems. 3-1 with all the new players & coaches is sweet. When you have a defense as good as this your pretty much in every game. 

But when you have a defense that has played only 4 games & is putting in an entirely new system with a completely rebuilt secondary & they play this well already, we might be building something special. The starters from last year are BACKUPS, Williams, Carr, (Milliner will be back), McDougle is trying to get on the field, we might have lucked out with Bailey (Seahawks seem to have a great eye for secondary talent). Bowles seems to find roles for everyone. Now you add the 2013 (DROY)/2014 (Probowler) in Sheldon Richardson! Damn! Reilly & Mauldin will also only get better with more reps.

We only play one GREAT QB twice in Tom Brady, we also have Eli & maybe Romo, the entire rest of our schedule is vs young inexperienced guys, Cousins, Carr, Taylor, Bortles, Mallet or Hoyer. 

Thats what the talking heads will look at regarding our projected record for the rest of the season.

As long as we're looking ahead (which I hate to do), I don't like the Buffalo games. Rex always seemed to have Chan's number. Granted, Buffalo's personnel at the time was pathetic, but those two games and the two NE games are the ones that I'm circling. Anything better than 1-3 and I'll be okay with it. Every other game looks winnable at this juncture. Of course there will be burps along the way.

Archived