PFF - Leonard Williams, +8.6

BroadwayRay

I saw Fitz miss Smith quite a number of times when he was wide open. Honestly,

I think when we get a

QB under center who can get the ball to him, he will be a player you have to account for. Which only means more one on one for Marshall and Decker. Not to open the same can of worms, but like Chad, Fritz has to get his whole body behind his deep throws to get them there. His throw to Ivory out in the flat yesterday had me SMH, as Ivory had a ton of room to run up field.

Williams is a future superstar. He may not get the attention he deserves since hes's just a defensive lineman (Watt is the exception) but he gives the Jets 4 All-Pro studs on the line. Mac has to find a way to keep the group together.

No way that happens with a salary cap I think Mo may go next season unless Sheldon keeps screwing up in that case he would be traded and Mo kept..

How much timing is there on deep routes?  Fitz isn't missing him on out patterns...

I suspect that most of the ball-placement issues would fall squarely on Fitz.  If Smith is pushed too wide, and Fitz completes it to him but he's out of bounds - that's most likely on Smith.  But that's not what's been happening.  Maybe Fitz needs to learn how fast he is - but he didn't lead Marshall optimally on the first play yesterday either...

Smith should probably be doing a better job of fighting for the ball - but that doesn't mean he's "lost" (as other posters have said).

I definitely agree with this.

Deep routes? A lot.

Timing, routes, and ball placement is always relevant. Sometimes the QB is perfect. Sometimes the WR saves the QB from bad throws. Sometimes all of it is just off.

He knows how to track the ball when he runs past defenders. The problems he's having so far seem to be related to timing, running or staying in his routes, and tracking the ball when a corner can stay with him. He'll figure it out with reps. Right now, he's not helping much.

Decker and Marshall can hide some of Fitz's short-comings. Devin exacerbates them.

Good point.  Decker and Marshall have the ability to grant Mulligans to Fitz.  For now. What you throw is what you get with Devin.  

No way that happens with a salary cap I think Mo may go next season unless Sheldon keeps screwing up in that case he would be traded and Mo kept..

mo is a goner.  Franchise and trade is a possibility although I'm not sure anyone will give up a pick and pay his asking price.  

Sheldon is a couple strikes away man from a year out...if this isn't strike two then he's one strike.  I do the other way.  I'd trade sheldon with our first rd pick to come up the draft board, lock up Wilkerson, with Wilkerson's contract structured to be prepared for Williams having 4 years left on his rookie deal.  You could have Wilkerson and Williams locked up for 4 more years.  Why risk Sheldon 1 or 2 strikes from 16 games out?  

Good point.  Decker and Marshall have the ability to grant Mulligans to Fitz.  For now. What you throw is what you get with Devin.  

Actually, the point I'm trying to make on Devin is that in some cases what you throw is what you get... and in other cases, what you throw might be perfect, but he's not going to be where he's supposed to be because he's a 2nd round rookie, not Megatron for **** sake.

Any housewife can point to a blatantly bad throw and call it such. When a ball hits the receiver in the hands though, or when the ball is thrown to a spot, and the WR is tangled up with a DB or 5 yards to the left and acting like he just realized he ran his route wrong... then it's okay to dig deep into our understanding of the game, and admit it's not just the QB doing the wrong things.

Actually, the point I'm trying to make on Devin is that in some cases what you throw is what you get... and in other cases, what you throw might be perfect, but he's not going to be where he's supposed to be because he's a 2nd round rookie, not Megatron for **** sake.

Any housewife can point to a blatantly bad throw and call it such. When a ball hits the receiver in the hands though, or when the ball is thrown to a spot, and the WR is tangled up with a DB or 5 yards to the left and acting like he just realized he ran his route wrong... then it's okay to dig deep into our understanding of the game, and admit it's not just the QB doing the wrong things.

Did you just call me a house wife? 

So if Im the housewife you must be the filthy animal I hit in the head with the newspaper for crapping  on the floor and whom I eventually lock outside because you dont know how to behave inside? 

No, you're the one that loves me unconditionally. No matter what you're terrible girlfriends say.

The problem with Smith is that Fitzpatrick has been giving him some terribly thrown balls. I know vs the Eagles there were a few times Smith had a step but Fitzpatrick was underthrowing it on him. 

Leonard Williams is a future all pro, the guy is such a stud and was a very safe draft pick. Hes only 21 and hasn't scratched what he can become. He could be our best defensive player in the future, that is saying something. He already is showing flashes as a run stopper and pass rusher. 

Archived