Sheldon Return?

InstantClassic

When are we going to hear about Sheldon and his impending legal troubles?

Now that his 4 game suspension is up are we going to hear over the bye if there is any further punishment?

Do you think Goodell is gun-shy after deflategate?

I just find it odd there hasn't been much mention if at all on additional punishment coming.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's actually bullsh*t that we haven't heard anything.  This isn't supposed to be a guessing game.  Gooddell's inconsistency and geberal incompetence is affecting our Week 6 gameplan.  Again, it's bullsh*t.

What is "geberal incompetence?" Does it have something to do with gerbils, cause if it does, I'll bet Shane is already into it.

Jets DL Sheldon Richardson's pre-trial hearing for traffic violations stemming from an alleged "high-speed road race" is scheduled for Monday.
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport said the hearing will likely be continued for "about a month." Richardson is eligible to return from a four-game ban for a substance abuse violation this week. This incident will likely land Richardson another suspension, but it is unlikely to be handed down until after the matter is resolved. Richardson is expected to be in the lineup when the Jets return from their bye Week 6.

What's the precedent for traffic violation suspensions?

Has anyone ever been suspended for a traffic violation? I feel like the precedent has been set, that if no one has previously been suspended and if there's not a rule in place as to suspension length - then he can't be suspended.

I realize this sounds sarcastic but I'm being serious...it's ridiculous, but how am I wrong?

Looks like the NFL is going to let the legal process play out on this one.

Any half-wit lawyer can get enough continuances to get this thing pushed out until late February, after we win the Super Bowl.

I think we'll see Sheldon for the rest of the season.

What's the precedent for traffic violation suspensions?

Has anyone ever been suspended for a traffic violation? I feel like the precedent has been sent that if no one has previously been suspended and if there's not a rule in place to tell you what the suspension would be - that he can't be suspended.

I realize this sounds sarcastic but I'm being serious...it's ridiculous but how am I wrong?

You're not wrong.

That's the only thing he is officially charged with.

The rest was just news paper fodder.

The Jets expect DL Sheldon Richardson back from his four-game drug suspension this week. On Sunday, the team said Richardson was scheduled to report and that they were not contacted by the league regarding any further disciplinary action.

Not at this time, anyway. Richardson still has charges pending in his home state of Missouri he has to answer for stemming from a traffic stop back on July 14.

From the AP:

A Missouri judge has continued until next month the criminal case against New York Jets defensive lineman Sheldon Richardson, accused of resisting arrest and traffic counts for a summer police chase in suburban St. Louis.

A court hearing was canceled Monday. Richardson was not there. St. Charles County Associate Circuit Judge Norman Steimel III continued the case until Nov. 9.

Richardson was arrested for speeding, apparently driving over 140 mph, and resisting arrest. The police report contained some disturbing information such as a loaded gun, a 12 year-old and a strong odor of marijuana in the car.

Although the gun was legal and no pot was found, authorities did not charge Richardson with any major felonies. The NFL will likely revisit this once the case is settled.

So the cop claimed he smelled marijuana, but no marijuana was found.  Sorry, the commish can't treat this like a drug case, that's a law enforcement officer's opinion, not a conviction. 

I'm sure they gave him another pot test - and it likely came up negative...

The resisting arrest is the one problem - but my guess is they'll plea that down to some type of reckless driving.  He'll get his license suspended for a couple of months...

But with that dropped - the commissioner is not suspending a guy for speeding, no matter how fast.  My guess is no further suspension (funny, when this first happened I thought he was out for the year - and even going to do time)

Hah. The worst time to misspell something is when you're calling someone incompetent!  sh*t.

I was trying to make someone look stupid one time years ago on another board and I misspelled the word Genius while making the point that he wasn't one.  

I left that board the following day.  :D

I just got a text from team stream a few seconds ago that Sheldon has been officially reinstated as of today. 

That's good news right there. 

He's gonna be beast when he comes back.  something to prove....He's the second best player on that team - adding dominant all pro D-linemen to an already impressive defense is going to be fun to watch.

He's gonna be beast when he comes back.  something to prove....He's the second best player on that team - adding dominant all pro D-linemen to an already impressive defense is going to be fun to watch.

I could not agree more.  We had a great secondary and an everage D line with Pouha and Devito. Then we get a great D line and no DB's to support them. 

It has the potential for true greatness to have sheldon return to what we have already been fielding. 

I was trying to make someone look stupid one time years ago on another board and I misspelled the word Genius while making the point that he wasn't one.  

I left that board the following day.  :D

lol... something like this?

4774136353_d58d2b9ccb.jpg

I don't think there is anything to suspend him for until the case reaches some resolution so we should be fine until next year.

worst case is Goodell tries to do another suspension and Richardson appeals which means he can play rest of this season

Goodell is so gun shy now he may not even try anything.

Archived