Jarvis Landry vs Jace Amaro

Jetster

All I have to say is UGH! I remember well how many Jet fans wanted a stud WR in the 2014 NFL draft. Could you imagine this crew we have now with Landry returning punts & playing the 3rd WR? OMG!

Granted, I understand you can always play the what if game but I specifically remember these boards BLOWING UP over the passing up of all of the very good WRs & ending up with Evans & Enunwa. There were a plethora of Jet fans screaming for Landry & Mathews. 

Another example that the draft isn't rocket science & you could have thrown darts & done better than Idzik. I still remember those two brothers lamenting the Sanchez choice & how much crap they took but in hindsight they were right to cringe.

Devin Smith got his ribs broken up, it will take a little time but with Marshall & Decker, once he gets up to speed he'll be open 24/7, Fitz just needs to stop rushing his throws.

Yeah, that 2014 draft is shaping up to be an all-timer, even by Jets standards.

Both of Idzik's drafts really. 19 picks in 2 years, and through the first 4 games of the season only 2 have been starting. Extend that to a lovely 3 once Sheldon gets back. And without checking I'm pretty sure more than half of them have been cut already. Count in him cheapening out on Revis, in turn handing New England another Super Bowl, and he really is the worst ******* thing to ever happen to any team I have ever rooted for. Say what you want about Isiah Thomas but none of his actions handed the Lakers or Celtics another championship on a silver platter.

Didn't Landry put up a pair of 4.7/40's at the Combine, then a 4.6 at his pro day?

sure did that's why this is all hindsight .. He is pretty much a bigger Kerley with even better hands ..he wouldn't fit in with decker and Marshall at all cause he can't stretch the field either .. Very Good player not sure he would fit in well with this current offense . 

sure did that's why this is all hindsight .. He is pretty much a bigger Kerley with even better hands ..he wouldn't fit in with decker and Marshall at all cause he can't stretch the field either .. Very Good player not sure he would fit in well with this current offense . 

yea, ok,lol.

is he not a 5'11 (bigger than Kerley 5'9 ) 4.6 40 ( Kerley ran a 4.5 or 4.6)  possession Reciever with great Hands and better still not great return ability ?

I guess we watched a different game yesterday. Landry almost single handedly brought the Fins back from the dead! He made that last 9 minutes more excruciating than it had to be.

I guess we watched a different game yesterday. Landry almost single handedly brought the Fins back from the dead! He made that last 9 minutes more excruciating than it had to be.

12 targets 4 catches 40 yards .. Is what I saw .. A few good plays but nothing that gonna make me pull my hair out cause the jets passed on him .

As a side note I couldn't believe how many opportunities they were giving Devin Smith yesterday. He's completely lost on the field right now. 

I watched that whole game, I saw Fitzy missing receivers all over the place including Smith.

He did do pretty bad with those 13 picks. 95% of this board did better with their mock drafts than Idzik lol. 

I will never believe in that "build through the draft" crap again. The draft is as much a crap shoot as free agency or getting players off the waiver wire. It's the system you develop your players in. Organizational philosophy I guess you would call it.

As a side note I couldn't believe how many opportunities they were giving Devin Smith yesterday. He's completely lost on the field right now. 

Fitz and him were on different books, let alone not being on the same page. I'd give Fitz the benefit of the doubt for being a veteran though. The under thrown passes to him is another story to ask the Fitz apologists. They seem to think it was Fitz arm that got us the win yesterday and not the great D, Ivorys's beast mode, Marshall's freak abilities and Decker's great adjustment on the TD. 

Landry had a horrible combine and pro-day to drop him in the draft, went from fringe first to reported third round range.  At the time, we didn't need a slot guy with Kerley on board, so the guy I really wanted was Moncrief.  I thought he was a stud in the making.  

That draft has to be one of the most baffling drafts I've seen in a long time.  

First, we need a cover safety badly after having a few in the box safeties, so naturally we pick the in the box safety known for tackling over the cover safety.  We picked a TE, when pretty much half our WR crew ran at the speed of TEs and bypassed a deep WR pool.  And then it got weirder...

McDougle, Saunders, and Evans were all pretty much projected around the 5th-6th round or later, and we drafted them well above what was any projection.  Evans was basically just a projection pick, but I didn't understand why he was a projection pick when Bryant had a better upside than him.   

I'm sure there were worse drafts in the years, but that one looks particularly bad, because more and more people are into the draft process, they know what the East-West Shrine is, the combine, so people can form somewhat educated guesses as to which players are good.  Also, plenty of tape available on guys to watch and break down, so the public is more educated, so the failures seem more exemplified.   

And I think that's also the reason, this year's draft was more well liked, because from the onset, people knew Leonard Williams was a beast, or Devin Smith had great potential in the slot.  

Fitz cant throw deep enough to get Devin Smith open over the top, and Smith isn't physical enough to get separation the old fashioned push-off way. That kid needs to find a weight room in the worst way. 

Fitz cant throw deep enough to get ME open over the top 

I will never believe in that "build through the draft" crap again. The draft is as much a crap shoot as free agency or getting players off the waiver wire. It's the system you develop your players in. Organizational philosophy I guess you would call it.

idzik fuxked this team.  So many bad, bad picks.  Forget about Landry - he left bridgewater and Carr on the board to double

down on geno and take a safety.   

Building through the draft wasnt the problem. You can most definitely build through the draft, however you must have people who can identify talent and you must have core veteran pieces in place. Where Idzik messed up was relying on rookies to win games from jump instead of developing them with talent around them. 

Look at what Maccagnan has done with Pryor in relation Idzik. Macc put talent around Pryor first of all that he could learn from. An even better example is Leonard Williams given that he's a rookie this year. Williams isnt expected to be the "lead man" at his position. He's surrounded by Wilk, Rich, Douz etc. 

When Idzik arrived we had no core talent except on our d-line. This is probably why his only successful pick was Sheldon. You build through the draft when you can compliment the picks with veteran talent. 

Archived