1st quarter offensive & defensive MVPs?

Jetster

Offense: Chris f*cking Ivory! Is there any other way to say his name? Ivory is this years Marshawn Lynch. Sucks that we didn't have him vs the Eagles, that was the difference in that game. (Ok, I was wrong Bilal is a Jag, I thought he was more than that, Stacy? Blah. Let's hope Ridley returns ready to rip it up, Ivory & Ridley could be a handful).

Defense: Buster Skrine! OMG, I had no idea how good this kid was when we signed him in free agency! He is LITERALLY all over the place. Plus he plays HARD, diving, jumping, blitzing, the return of Revis was awesome, Buster was heaven sent.

I love Ivory, no doubt but Gailey's offense is a three headed monster and if one is missing it shows.  Finally we've got "the right stuff" with Gailey leading Marshall, Decker, and Ivory.  With these three healthy we're a QB away from great.  As constructed now, we're a post season team.  

On defense it's actually hard to single out any one player because it's truly a team effort.  Even the great Revis is not head and shoulders above 2-3 other players on this squad.  Wilks, Skrine, Williams, Harrison, it's a long list and don't forget Richardson.    

Big Mo has been beasting too, your right. And how much better will this Dline be with the return of Richardson who'll be out to prove he's the best defensive player in the league (he's not afraid to say it!) just his return makes everyone in that front 7 better. Leo, Reilly, Mauldin, will all get better as the year progresses.

If Mauldin can fit into the edge setter/edge rusher role that Pace did for us this defenses speed will be kicked up another notch. 

If Marshall didnt have the stupid lateral, then I'd say him but also I think seeing Ivory out of the game vs. the Eagles shows us his value so:

Offense - Ivory

Defense?  Hard to pick.  We're getting elite level play from Mo, Skrine, Revis and Gilchrist right now.  And out standing play from Williams and Harris.  That said, Revis has closed out games and has, what, 3 fumble recoveries too?

Defense - Revis

Todd Bowles and Mike Maccagnan. 

Honorable Mention: Woody Johnson. 

The best part about Woody is that he is invisible. That's all we can ask of an incompetent owner. His team related work should be limited to writing checks and collecting money.

Offensive MVP is Marshall. When was the last time the Jets had a receiver averaging 100 yards a game?

Defense is tougher: I'm going with Mo, but could just as easily pick Revis or Harris. I had written Harris off, but he has done nothing except play his ass off.

The best part about Woody is that he is invisible. That's all we can ask of an incompetent owner. His team related work should be limited to writing checks and collecting money.

Offensive MVP is Marshall. When was the last time the Jets had a receiver averaging 100 yards a game?

Defense is tougher: I'm going with Mo, but could just as easily pick Revis or Harris. I had written Harris off, but he has done nothing except play his ass off.

For actual players im going... 

Offense: Marshall. Marshall is playing like a top 5 WR in all of football right now. 

Defense: Skrine. The stats simply wont show his level of impact on the football field on a per-snap basis. I could go Revis given that Revis is simply being Revis. But Skrine is changing the scope of the defense in both pass rushing and pass coverage. 

Chris Ivory aka The Beast on offense! The defense must account for him and it makes the receivers better. Marshall second.

On defense, Revis sets the tone. You don't even hear his name for long periods of the game unless he recovers a fumble or tackles a RB. Bowles is second for his blitzing schemes that pressures the opponents QB. Now with Sheldon's return (hope he stays healthy), this D should make for some fun times. It maybe the best Defense the Jets have had ever. They are Chaos makers.

I have to go with Mo Wilkerson even though Darrelle Revis and even Buster Skrine would have been worthy choices on defense.

Marshall and/or Ivory would be obvious choices on offense.  You could make a case for the entire offensive line for keeping Fitzpatrick so clean through 4 games but they weren't making many holes for the running game in two of those games so Marshall and Ivory it is.

Stability and production from the QB position albeit stability and production with some warts.  The QB not giving away games has also been significant factor.   

On offense, Marshall and Ivory are co-MVPs so far.  Having a true #1 & #2 WR, a true #1 RB, and a veteran QB who knows how to feed them is such a refreshing concept for us.  Missing both Ivory and Decker in the Philly game was just too much to overcome.

On defense, I'll give it to Skrine for his versatility, he can really do it all.  But Wilkerson and Revis are playing at an all-pro level as well.

Fitzpatrick.  Hes the 1st qb since Pennington that the guys respect and hes not giving games away.

I agree with this.

Yes, he's leaving points on the field... we all get it. He's not losing the games for us. I believe that as the continues to gel, he'll get better with the rest of them. 

He and Marshall, and Decker in a quieter way, have given a passing game for the first time in forever.

On defense, it's Revis. Lots of nice play all over, but at the end of the day, Revis allows us to defend less of the field with more guys. It's simple math.

Brandon Marshall - Besides Julio Jones this year he has been the most influential offensive playmaker in the league  

Buster Skrine - I agree with the above sentiments about him. His versatility makes our defense complete. He seems like he's around the ball all the time (even if he may not be) but he's able to cover anyone and disguise every defense. 

Fitzpatrick.  Hes the 1st qb since Pennington that the guys respect and hes not giving games away.

he's been trying his best to give away games, gave away Philly and kept Indy and Miami in games that should have been huge blowouts.  Fitz falls somewhere after Brian Winters and devin Smith on the list of MVPs so far.

he's been trying his best to give away games, gave away Philly and kept Indy and Miami in games that should have been huge blowouts.  Fitz falls somewhere after Brian Winters and devin Smith on the list of MVPs so far.

Way to take this thread to negative town, Buzz Killington.

Way to take this thread to negative town, Buzz Killington.

I try to deal in reality, when something like that is posted I need to respond.  I am excited we are 3-1,  I like Fitz but clearly he wouldn't be anywhere near our O MVP for the first qtr of the season. 

no kidding.  Just built for this league from the ground up.  

Did any of you guys see the lockeroom video after the Browns win? A shirtless Leo is in it in all his flabby baby fat glory. This kid just turned 21 years old! He's already a handful for NFL Olineman. Can you imagine what his upside is when they build him into an NFL body in the strength & conditioning program? His teammates are already singing his praises, they already know his upside is SCARY! 

Other than Mariotta, ever other team that passed on Leo will regret it. Sans injury, he's gonna be an all time great & with his hair & personality a face of the NFL. All fans will know who he is.

Didnt we have a Denver fan who went on, ad nauseam, how the Jets were crazy for trading for Marshall?  How he wasnt worth the pick, was a injury riddled player on the decline? And of course were complete and utter morons for redoing his deal.

3 straight 100 yard games and maybe our best player says wrong.

I seriously doubt hes trying his best to lose games.

But hey why stop ripping one player in a MVP thread, find two more to dump on.  All thats missing is a homo Sanchez comment 

Archived