PSL default and stub hub

Section 333

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm very happy up there.  I mean I wouldn't want to be above row 10 but where we are is fine.

We better be careful... between you, JoeC and myself we could change the burping, farting, vulgar, BO smelling, Schlitz drinking, meatball eating, Metalica listening, BMW p*ssing, blue collar, upper deck images and perceptions.

I am in 340 Row 8 and am very happy.  Sun at my back, TV side of the field, I can see the whole field clearly with no obstructions, see the plays develop and see the first downs made first hand.

If I had a choice of 1st row field level on the 5 or UD 50, I'll take UD 50 all day long.

+1

Elevation is a must.  Lower Level seats you can't see plays develop, people are standing up/down/up/down all game, fans build up at the too few exits, and the TV camera obscures the view for all but the highest rows.

SAR I

this is going to be a debate until the a new stadium is built and then it will start anew 

Very true.

Every NFL stadium will be torn down and rebuilt every 30 years.  Why?  It ensures that each new NFL owner gets at least one PSL payday bonanza before they kick the bucket.  Whether the original owner, or passing onto their children, or putting the team up for sale, between the ages of 40 and 70 each new generation of owner gets a new stadium built.  It's no different than the heirs of Elvis getting paid for each remaster, reissue, reel-to-reel, LP, eight-track, heavy vinyl, CD, MP3, AAC, etc.

SAR I

look on bright side with our current reckless fiscal policy of printing money non-stop inflation will eventually cause PSLs to rise in price

All emotion aside, no PSL owner got into it for any return on investment.  For most, it was a $10 price increase.  So we paid it.

That said, every other NFL team who instituted PSL's had their fans reap the benefits of resale if they chose to do so.  No reason to think the Jets won't produce similar results.  This isn't Baltimore.  We have a population of 20,000,000 people and only 18,000 who wrote PSL checks to Gang Green.  It's honestly a very small amount of people in a gigantic megalopolis.

SAR I

All emotion aside, no PSL owner got into it for any return on investment.  For most, it was a $10 price increase.  So we paid it.

That said, every other NFL team who instituted PSL's had their fans reap the benefits of resale if they chose to do so.  No reason to think the Jets won't produce similar results.  This isn't Baltimore.  We have a population of 20,000,000 people and only 18,000 who wrote PSL checks to Gang Green.  It's honestly a very small amount of people in a gigantic megalopolis.

SAR I

i hear ya, being entertained is in itself a type of return. if you derive entertainment value that exceeds the cost, it's worth it.

i hear ya, being entertained is in itself a type of return. if you derive entertainment value that exceeds the cost, it's worth it.

And that's the case, really.

My PSL is $13 per ticket, I have 4 seats, there are 10 games a year, that's $520 a year.  Drink a couple of six-packs of Bud each week, that's $900 a year.  Eat a bagel and have coffee each morning, that's $2,900 a year.  A pack-a-day smoker spends $4,745 a year.  If we're to judge the financial wisdom of seat licenses, let's keep it in proper perspective.

SAR I

We better be careful... between you, JoeC and myself we could change the burping, farting, vulgar, BO smelling, Schlitz drinking, meatball eating, Metalica listening, BMW p*ssing, blue collar, upper deck images and perceptions.

I prefer when the PSL owners wives and daughters get bored and come to see us upper deckers at halftime for "fun"  Kind of like that scene in Animal House.

This all definitely falls in the entertainment bucket.

I am just afraid that the Jets will get good and raise prices. That would suck. Who needs all that winning?  :)

yet the posters who continuously insult and attempt to denigrate PSL purchasers refuse to understand that.  They reap some sort of demented joy out of pointing fingers at those who purchased PSLs and how they declined in value (which every single PSL purchaser should have understood was going to happen).  And its the same people over and over and over again who do this.  They vent their anger at the NFL and Jets for imposing this onto the purchasers.  Talk about misplaced rage.  

yet the posters who continuously insult and attempt to denigrate PSL purchasers refuse to understand that.  They reap some sort of demented joy out of pointing fingers at those who purchased PSLs and how they declined in value (which every single PSL purchaser should have understood was going to happen).  And its the same people over and over and over again who do this.  They vent their anger at the NFL and Jets for imposing this onto the purchasers.  Talk about misplaced rage.  

I don't think I understand this.  Do you derive entertainment value from owning the PSL or seeing the game?  I don't car to insult or denigrate, but I thought the purpose of the loss in value argument was whether you could see the games for less money than if you bought the PSL?

I don't think I understand this.  Do you derive entertainment value from owning the PSL or seeing the game?  I don't car to insult or denigrate, but I thought the purpose of the loss in value argument was whether you could see the games for less money than if you bought the PSL?

Of course it's seeing the game.  But you can't buy my seats in my section this year for under face on stub hub  I check every single week.  Even opening day was selling over face. For the Philly game, my younger son had to work so I sold my 3 seats in that section on StubHub and netted a combined $387 profit over face (that's after stub hub fees, mind you, so that was the NET profit)  on the Monday before the game.  On Friday before the game, 4 days later, I purchased two in the same section 2 rows up and 6 seats closer to midfield from my regular seats for a total of $512 (that's the final price after fees and applying my $20 coupon).  Prices dropped between Tuesday and Friday apparently, but we still paid over face... but not nearly as much over face as the buyer paid for my sale in the same section.  So the 2 of us ended up watching the game on the 37 yard line lowers for a total of $125.  We only needed one parking pass so I sold my extra on stub hub and made a $40 profit on that too.  Strange results, but we practically saw the game in premium seats for close to free.

Life is sweet sometimes.  If you have good seats at this stadium, sell early in the week and buy later in the week.  For parking passes, sell as late in the week as possible.  

The seats that are ultra cheap on stubhub compared to the face value are all of the endzone and corners (lowers and Mezz) and all of the club seats and all of the upper deck that is not between the 20 yard lines.  If you have non Mezz seats between the 20's, you are in great shape.    

Ive been looking into buying into the PSL game on the secondary market there are some really good deals out there almost to good to be true. 

there's one guy in section 142, row 29 or 30 on the aisle closer to midfield who has his 2 PSLs listed at $6500/each. That's a very good  deal for that section and he might even go lower.  Or if you want to sit in the Mezz endzone corners (where SAR's seats are), most of the $4,000 PSLs are going for about $1,000-$1,500.  But it is endzone, after all.  

I prefer when the PSL owners wives and daughters get bored and come to see us upper deckers at halftime for "fun"  Kind of like that scene in Animal House.

Since my PSL daughter and wife were only attending one game per year, we swapped our 5 out and got 3 for me and my 2 boys in a better section.  So the wife/daughter won't be climbing mount everest to get to the Met Life upper deck anytime soon.  

there's one guy in section 142, row 29 or 30 on the aisle closer to midfield who has his 2 PSLs listed at $6500/each. That's a very good  deal for that section and he might even go lower.  Or if you want to sit in the Mezz endzone corners (where SAR's seats are), most of the $4,000 PSLs are going for about $1,000-$1,500.  But it is endzone, after all.  

Can't understand why those seats in 142 haven't sold yet.

And that guy has had them on there for a long time.

Can't understand why those seats in 142 haven't sold yet.

And that guy has had them on there for a long time.

$13k is still a lot to pay for a PSL even if it is a 35% discount.  At this point the majority of the people who wanted a PSL bought them and the majority of the people who wanted to default also defaulted.

This is already the 6th year of the new stadium.  Assuming we are there 30 years we are 20% through the stadium.  I'm betting in another 9 years whatever PSLs are unsold are just made available as season tickets.  By then people on the 15 year finance plan have paid off their PSLs.

$13k is still a lot to pay for a PSL even if it is a 35% discount.  At this point the majority of the people who wanted a PSL bought them and the majority of the people who wanted to default also defaulted.

This is already the 6th year of the new stadium.  Assuming we are there 30 years we are 20% through the stadium.  I'm betting in another 9 years whatever PSLs are unsold are just made available as season tickets.  By then people on the 15 year finance plan have paid off their PSLs.

Only one good year out of the previous 5 without a home playoff game.  If we keep that trend I think you will be right in 9 years.  

Only one good year out of the previous 5 without a home playoff game.  If we keep that trend I think you will be right in 9 years.  

After the 2010 season people already left some of their seats and that was after back to back AFC Championship games.  At this point unless it's a cheap PSL people aren't jumping to buy them.  I've seen other teams drop the PSL concept after a while. 

Considering the number of tickets being sold off to brokers at pennies on the dollar to be resold on stubhub has to be killing the Jets.

Archived